New North Texas Uniforms

wardly

As posted a couple of weeks ago, everywhere McCarney went to rebuild - Iowa, Wisconsin, and Iowa State - the logos were redone. Iowa and Wisconsin still use those logos. Iowa State's was changed within the last couple of seasons after McCarney left. But, the logo McCarney chose stayed there longer than any of their previous logos.

Didn't Hayden Fry base the design for the Iowa logo on the Flying Worm?

Thoughts on the "talon" image from the branding effort a few years back (below) on a white or kelly green (current green) helmet? No lettering, just the claw.

talon-128.png

Nah.

My preferences:

f05ntex.gif

(minus the "Exes")

UNT+logo.gif

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In my humble opinion we should let Nike design the uniforms. They have been pretty successful so far.

i don't disagree, but thought some of you might want input with paul.i'm sure any changes will be within branding guidelines regarding logos and color.{ i personally like the eagle claw, perhaps on the shoulder of our jersey}.at any rate, i remember seeing some cool designs posted in the past, and thought the designers might want to pass them along to paul.batchelder@unt.edu.

I kind of liked the colors that we already had on our uniforms. So I hope we don't change those. I have never been a fan of the design though or Underarmour for that matter. I would hope that we give Nike a chance to at making some designs. They do most of the designs around the country and I think they would make our uniforms look freakin awesome. IMO

This would be nice.

And regardless of the flame pictures, I still like Black Uni's... All white is boring. We looked like a HS team out there the past 4 yrs...

My opinion, don't expect anyone to agree, all good. They're called suggestions for a reason. You know, open discussion.

Black uniforms bring back bad memories when Darrell Dickey on his way out ordered black uniforms that I believe did not meet NCAA standards and without approval of the AD as spite. He tried to state the players wanted them but parents denied that.

I like the black in Th uni. Not all black ala Dickey, but some black. I think it's a good look. My only hope is that the helmets use the SOW or some sort of drawing, preferably the SOW. Something peoe can draw, something distinctive, something memorable. Scripting the name of the school screams high school to me.

UCLA is saddened by your view.

Ucla-calligraph.gif

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

JERSEYS - I like what we had last year but a little variation wouldn't hurt. But please, none of those goofy numbers like Oregon has that are very difficult to read.

PANTS - Stripes of some sort and no long shorts.

HELMET - Green w/SOW. No lettering unless the AD relents and allows the interlocking NT similar to the Alumni Association logo.

I'm not a big fan of the body of the jersey being one color and the sleeves another. I'd prefer green or white shoes but black would be okay as well. I also wouldn't care for black, copper or blue highlights. Darker green to highlight numbers on away jerseys. I also prefer green pants/white jerseys for away games and the opposite for home games.

It must be the enthusiasm of the new stadium and coaching staff that made me comment. This thread happens several times a year every year and I've always ignored it in the past.

I was messing around with the uniform builder (edit tool) on the Nike website...and the look I liked the most was similar to the uniforms we had back in the 80's. I know several on the board have said this was their favorite look...and it did look fairly sharp.

I for one will be glad to ditch the SLC North look...although they did start to grow on me. I hated them at first, but the reality is I will most likely hate the new uniforms at first as well.

However, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not bring back the green-on-green uniforms we had at the beginning of this decade. Also, the North Texas script was just stupid looking...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Didn't Hayden Fry base the design for the Iowa logo on the Flying Worm?

Hayden Fry authorized the change for both the NT and Iowa logos and uniforms to help the program's image once he arrived at each. He used Rick Spears', aka Green Grenade, flying worm design at NT. The Iowa uniforms were based on the Steelers and the TigerHawk was used as the primary logo, and still is.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Aaarrgghhh!!!!

What is SOW???

I've seen this referenced on the board forever and the only thing that comes to me is "Silver on White", but I'm sure that's not what it means. Maybe "Screaming Ol' Whatsits" "Sloth of Waco" "Streaking on Wednesday"

"Save our Wombats" ????????

SOW = Son of Worm, aka Son of Flying Worm.

The new NT eagle logo (SOW) was deemed to look a little like and be related to our former logo during the Hayden Fry era, a fan favorite. :)

Edited by NT80

This would be nice.

And regardless of the flame pictures, I still like Black Uni's... All white is boring. We looked like a HS team out there the past 4 yrs...

My opinion, don't expect anyone to agree, all good. They're called suggestions for a reason. You know, open discussion.

Seems to me, you'd like us to be even more high school with the black uniforms(see Trinity, Coppell, etc. they all want to be Leach's Tech these days).

Go ahead and tell the program that generates more revenue than any other in the state that the all white looks like a HS team. Oh, and we looked like a high school team because we were coached as such and played that way, not because of the uniforms.

• Upvote 1

Aaarrgghhh!!!!

What is SOW???

I've seen this referenced on the board forever and the only thing that comes to me is "Silver on White", but I'm sure that's not what it means. Maybe "Screaming Ol' Whatsits" "Sloth of Waco" "Streaking on Wednesday"

"Save our Wombats" ????????

Flying Worm: longest portion of this logo resembles a flying worm, hence the name/nick name = "The Flying Worm"

wormwhite-128.png

Son of Worm (aka. SOW): wings of this logo resemble or are similar to those in the "Flying Worm" logo, hence the relation of the two from father (elder) to son (younger/newest logo)

eaglewhite-128.png

HTH & GMG!

Our 2007-2010 uniforms were UA's template for South Carolina without the shoulder stripes, not Southlake Carroll's. And UA's piping/striping from our uniforms was tasteful compared to a number of the Nike templates out there: Miami, Central Florida, Michigan State, Nevada, West Virginia, Illinois, Utah State, the Pro Combat trash.

Mizzou's would work if you make the black green and the yellow to black, with white pants/green stripe pattern. Actually, this looks like Baylor's current template if you kellyed the green and made the gold white. UTEP's Denver Broncos-ish pattern isn't too bad, and neither is the Southern Miss set. We could even make one of the small panels the old apple or dark green for history's sake.

Helmets: Green SOW, outlined in black, on the white helmet, black or white facemask. If we had to have pride stickers, that talon without the wordmark would be ok.