New North Texas Uniforms

wardly

i have been told that coach mac wants nike uniforms, and that the southlake carroll look is out. i have seen some great looking helment and uniform designs posted on this board, and am suggesting that those be forwarded to paul batchelder at the athletic department. he should have input as we go forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I was really liking our current uniforms. I know I will probably be scolded for saying this, but I did not like the look of the uniforms prior to switching to Under Armour. I have a few suggestions when designing new uniforms:

1. Keep the same kelly green we already have. Please don't throw in another shade of green into the mix.

2. Incorporate both white & black into the uniform. I did not like having the same color jersey and pants (circa 2000)

3. Either keep the North Texas that we already have on the helmet or just put the players number on the side. (think Alabama)

4. KEEP THE WHITE HELMETS!! Just cause we're the Mean Green doesn't mean we have to be covered in it from head-to-toe. The new uniforms can be tastefully designed to represent us being the Mean Green without overdoing it.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

I was really liking our current uniforms. I know I will probably be scolded for saying this, but I did not like the look of the uniforms prior to switching to Under Armour. I have a few suggestions when designing new uniforms:

1. Keep the same kelly green we already have. Please don't throw in another shade of green into the mix.

2. Incorporate both white & black into the uniform. I did not like having the same color jersey and pants (circa 2000)

3. Either keep the North Texas that we already have on the helmet or just put the players number on the side. (think Alabama)

4. KEEP THE WHITE HELMETS!! Just cause we're the Mean Green doesn't mean we have to be covered in it from head-to-toe. The new uniforms can be tastefully designed to represent us being the Mean Green without overdoing it.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see a Black design of some sort as well, black out day for fans, whole nine yards... You know, where them once a year or so...

We got to get the green thing figured out for sure, and I'm all for getting out from under UA, I think Nike does a better job of providing merchandise for consumer consumption, hats, t-shirts, polo's, whole nine yards...

Edited by FloMoGrad
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see an All Black design as well, black out day, whole nine yards... You know, where them once a year or so...

We got to get the green thing figured out for sure, and I'm all for getting out from under UA, I think Nike does a better job of providing merchandise for consumer consumption, hats, t-shirts, polo's, whole nine yards...

Black uniforms are not a good topic for the FB forum:

post-6209-1208477388.jpg

Just sayin'.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ha!! I'm going to say no to black, also. I do love the all white uni's with the white helmet though. I'm not a fan of "North Texas" on the helmet but do prefer the white helmets. I'm more of a traditionalist, but also like the crazy stuff Oregon does. You can file me in the pile of "no help whatsoever." :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And make these darn unis available to the PUBLIC, ALUMNI and FANS as well! No one-offs or "wanna be"s here we want the real deal!

This would be nice.

And regardless of the flame pictures, I still like Black Uni's... All white is boring. We looked like a HS team out there the past 4 yrs...

My opinion, don't expect anyone to agree, all good. They're called suggestions for a reason. You know, open discussion.

Edited by FloMoGrad
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see an All Black design as well, black out day, whole nine yards... You know, where them once a year or so...

It's bad enough that the GREEN BRIGADE is dressed in nearly all black. We don't need the MEAN GREEN to be wearing all black.

Imagine the cheers...

East: "MEAN!!!"

West" "BLACK with a little green accent!!!!"

East: "MEAN!!!"

West" "BLACK with a little green accent!!!!"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Hello little box, let's stay right in here. You know, where everybody's comfy, our uniforms change every 3 yrs, as do the logo, color scheme, helmet design.

And I never said all Black... Thanks for those words in my mouth...

Edited by FloMoGrad
  • Upvote 1

Its time for a new logo. Nike does a great job of marketing a school though its merchandise. Having North Texas or Mean Green on hats if fine but it would be nice to be like the other schools and just have a logo besides the diving eagle.

Now please forgive how crude these are, I sketched them very quickly.

Simple NT that can be outlined, shadowed, etc. I have seen similar ones on here that probably look better.

cimg2617f.jpg

Overlapping letters which I think look very nice, it would look good on UNT gear.

cimg2616u.jpg

This one I like the best. Very nice and would look excellent IMO.

cimg2614f.jpg

again forgive the crudeness I just wanted to see if anyone liked these.

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Its time for a new logo. Nike does a great job of marketing a school though its merchandise. Having North Texas or Mean Green on hats if fine but it would be nice to be like the other schools and just have a logo besides the diving eagle.

Simple NT that can be outlined, shadowed, etc. I have seen similar ones on here that probably look better.

cimg2617f.jpg

Overlapping letters which I think look very nice, it would look good on UNT gear.

cimg2616u.jpg

cimg2614f.jpg

I actually like the last one as well...though I still like the idea of having the Eagle on the Helmet

Hello little box, let's stay right in here. You know, where everybody's comfy, our uniforms change every 3 yrs, as do the logo, color scheme, helmet design.

And I never said all Black... Thanks for those words in my mouth...

It's not about being in a little box, or not thinking outside of it. The color scheme has been a very important part of the UNT branding for the last several years. Not just UNT athletics. You don't just up and change that because a new coach is hired. We finally found something that works, and looks good in the stands. Give Coach Mac full authority to change the design, but we really cannot afford another shade change. Even the signs for the buildings on campus were changed a couple years ago from hunter green to kelly green.

• Upvote 1

This would be nice.

And regardless of the flame pictures, I still like Black Uni's... All white is boring. We looked like a HS team out there the past 4 yrs...

My opinion, don't expect anyone to agree, all good. They're called suggestions for a reason. You know, open discussion.

Please explain this. All white makes us look like a HS team? Someone should probably let UT and the Indianapolis Colts know, they are soooooo HS.

• Upvote 1

cimg2617f.jpg

cimg2616u.jpg

cimg2614f.jpg

Why in the world would we go get a new logo at this point? Use one of the existing, approved logos and let it be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No to the black unifroms. If we simply MUST go with the overused black, black pants is the most we should have. Personally, I suggest dark green helmets with kelly green uniforms, I like the idea of Dark blue with Light blue that NC has.

Option 1, Our current green with black pants or green pants option, and a green helmet or

Option 2, Current green jerseys with Emerald green helmets and pants.

I would love to have an interlocking NT, but since that will never happen, I like the current eagle logo for a helmet design.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why in the world would we go get a new logo at this point? Use one of the existing, approved logos and let it be.

re-branding and marketing purposes. New sponsor, new coach, new stadium, etc. we have a new start and can go in a different direction. Its a good time to create a new culture and identity.

My main reason for presenting those was no one like the current "North Texas" script on the helmet. I was just throwing out some ideas of something else we could do just for fun. Don't blow a fuse, its not like I'm officially unveiling logo designs :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I don't want to see the Mean Green playing in black uniforms, in fact I don't want black anywhere on the uniforms. I like the clean and classic look of just the green and white.

Also, I don't like the idea of having green helmets, I would like to see us keep them white with the green SOW.

Im excited about the switch to Nike, hopefully we keep our same color green...it seems as if there is a problem of constant change.

• Upvote 3