New North Texas Uniforms

wardly

I've heard some troubling rumors about the new uniforms, these rumors include:

No SOW on the helmet. I've heard the helmet is all green with a white face mask with north Texas written on it.

All green home uniforms with absolutely no black included. IMO all green unis would be disgusting. Think of A&M's all maroon unis.

I was told the AD doesn't want to SOW on the helmet because they don't want people to see the logo and call us the eagles. Their REALLY trying to push the Mean Green nickname, I guess.

Anyways, I hope the jerseys turn out okay!

This actually sounds great to me. I've always wished we had all green home uniforms, much more clean and classy look to me. Thats why I loved the all white away unis and hope we continue that with the new ones. As I have said before I would SOW along with UNT on the helmets like TCU's design because I feel like people identify with the 3-letter college designation but oh well.

I think our main colors should be green and white, but black is a great complimentary color for green and white. Black should be used as an outline for the numbers or for piping.

I'm with you. Don't want all black but I do think that black goes well with green!

After looking at the new poster, the green part of the helmet appears to have a black stripe running down the center. The black SOW would look good on the sides, and very mean too. I think it would go well with green and white uniforms that have black as an accent color. I'd go with a grey facemask. Give it a little old school feel.

Home: Green jerseys, white pants, green helmets with SOW

Road: White jerseys, white pants, green helmet with SOW

Alternate: The 70's apple green uniforms.

Only use black as a complimentary color and none of those gray pants, etc...that TCU, Oregon, etc...have worn.

• Upvote 2