New North Texas Uniforms

wardly

Nothing is forever. I know that we've been guilty of too much change but I really like the superimposed NT that the Alumni Association uses. I also like SOW but if they're not going to use it on the helmets then I like the AA NT. Anything but North Texas (which is fine above the numbers on the uniform).

As far as color, I wish that they'd take it a little darker than kelly green and copywright that color and name so that it didn't change.

I love the idea in theory but from a merchandising standpoint, it would be difficult unless you had clothing manufacturers buy in and produce the correct color for t-shirts, etc. It has been difficult finding the right shade of green the last couple of years and with kelly green you would think it would be easy!

• Upvote 1

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see a Black design of some sort as well, black out day for fans, whole nine yards... You know, where them once a year or so...

We got to get the green thing figured out for sure, and I'm all for getting out from under UA, I think Nike does a better job of providing merchandise for consumer consumption, hats, t-shirts, polo's, whole nine yards...

OK - Your Crazy - Our school colors do not include Black - but I am sure the coaches will come up with something that looks really mean green.

OK - Your Crazy - Our school colors do not include Black - but I am sure the coaches will come up with something that looks really mean green.

You are kind of right, but not completely. From the UNT Identity Guide:

University Colors

The official colors of the university are UNT green and white. (UNT green is Pantone Matching System PMS 356*.) Black is used as a tertiary accent color.

• Upvote 1

No to the interlocking NT !!

SOW on the side of the helmet is the obvious choice. Black looks great with kelly green, just look at our BBall unis. I'm thinking a green SOW, outlined in black on a green helmet with a black facemask. Mean Green should have lots of green.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I sat at a local bank one day many years ago and watched Hayden Fry sketch out the new Iowa Hawkeye logo as he told us (before even the press) that he was heading to Iowa. A sad day for me that I will always recall as if it were yesterday. He had come to the bank to let the then president (who was a big supporter) know that he was leaving before he read about it in the local and Dallas press. Since I was a bank VP at the time and knew Hayden, he asked me to come into the little "chat" as well. As I recall, there were three of us sitting in the president's office with Coach fry that day.

What he did was take out a piece of paper and sketch out that stylized Hawkeye and then say..."what would you think if I went to Iowa?" ... OUCH. Coach Fry will always hold a fond place in my heart...great guy and I can see a lot of Coach Fry in Coach McCarney...which gives me great hope for the Mean green. Sure hope Coach Fry is able to come to the Sept. 10th game to help open the new stadium.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

I've heard some troubling rumors about the new uniforms, these rumors include:

No SOW on the helmet. I've heard the helmet is all green with a white face mask with north Texas written on it.

All green home uniforms with absolutely no black included. IMO all green unis would be disgusting. Think of A&M's all maroon unis.

I was told the AD doesn't want to SOW on the helmet because they don't want people to see the logo and call us the eagles. Their REALLY trying to push the Mean Green nickname, I guess.

Anyways, I hope the jerseys turn out okay!

This SOW thing is ridiculous. Now it's going to be on the field, on the press box side, on the student side, but it can't be on the helmets? I'm so damn tired of "North Texas" on the helmet. It's been 10 years and most people still don't know who "North Texas" is RV; time to let it go. We'll get just as much brand recognition if not more by having a recognizable logo than trying to train people by spelling out "North Texas" on the helmets.

Also maybe then the "North Texas State" references would stop.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

This SOW thing is ridiculous. Now it's going to be on the field, on the press box side, on the student side, but it can't be on the helmets? I'm so damn tired of "North Texas" on the helmet. It's been 10 years and most people still don't know who "North Texas" is RV; time to let it go. We'll get just as much brand recognition if not more by having a recognizable logo than trying to train people by spelling out "North Texas" on the helmets.

Also maybe then the "North Texas State" references would stop.

Agree. North Texas on the helmets would be truly bushleague. We can do better.