New North Texas Uniforms

wardly

If we keep "North Texas" on the helmet maybe a font which can be more easily readable from a distance than the one we have now?

Also if we don't use "North Texas" on the helmet, like GrayEagle posted how about SOW (only) on the helmet and lets just leave it there for the next 50 years, eh? (The next 50 years was my part of this)

GMG!

Since that other thread is a bit dead, I'll repost this here....

The two patterns I'd like to see:

• Small "North Texas" wordmark, like previous UA jersey (second uni set messed up)
  • Number font should be the Athletic Font developed with the new branding, like the 05-06 jersey
  • Add SOW to the hip opposite of the Swoosh, like previous UA pants
  • Maybe add the SOW to the center of the collar and above the rear nameplate
  • Maybe/probably get rid of the belly piping on the second option, like Missouri did (or made it the jersey color. the seam is still there.)
  • Also, the second option uses the dark green from the bowl years next to the black side panels and for the cuffs/collar

NT-Uni-2.jpg

NT-Uni-1.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

How about just using part of the SOW logo, like Boise has done recently?

Old Boise helmet logo: boise-state-broncos-replica-mini-helmet-

New Boise helmet logo: a790bfe7a660269f7d3eea7c84511113_2.jpg

It's still a variation of their main logo with "BOISE STATE" under the bronco logo. Those years of combining the two has only now paid off with all the media attention that the bronco logo can now stand on its own and still be associated with Boise State.

Unfortunately, the SOW isn't as recognizable as Boise's bronco.

• Downvote 2

How about just using part of the SOW logo, like Boise has done recently?

Old Boise helmet logo: boise-state-broncos-replica-mini-helmet-

New Boise helmet logo: a790bfe7a660269f7d3eea7c84511113_2.jpg

Don't forget, we have the SOW head as part of our official UNT logos. It looks like the postal service eagle, but I think it would look great on the side of NT's helmets.

head.jpg

:)

Edited by Got5onIt

The all time fan favorite was and is the Hayden Fry era Flying Worm. We couldn't keep any of that merchandise stocked at Greenstock. With that being said, the new SOW

has taken up where it left off. Second to that is the Alumni Associations' interlinked "NT" logo, which screams of real time collegiate flair we so badly need. So we already have two great logos, the SOW and the interlinked NT. And by far the most popular merchandise available in stores right now incorporates the SOW with Mean Green somewhere on it. And whenever this Mean Green gear is found in stores this NT merchandise is either sold out or very low in supply.

So knowing this, that even though this fan base has loyally followed a losing football program AND still buys it's merchandise up in stores, isn't it just like North Texas that the AD Dept still REFUSES to take advantage of combining the two and give their loyal customers what they want, their favorite logo on the most recognized aspect of athletics, the football helmet, which is something that every other major program in the nation has done for decades?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The all time fan favorite was and is the Hayden Fry era Flying Worm. We couldn't keep any of that merchandise stocked at Greenstock. With that being said, the new SOW

has taken up where it left off. Second to that is the Alumni Associations' interlinked "NT" logo, which screams of real time collegiate flair we so badly need. So we already have two great logos, the SOW and the interlinked NT. And by far the most popular merchandise available in stores right now incorporates the SOW with Mean Green somewhere on it. And whenever this Mean Green gear is found in stores this NT merchandise is either sold out or very low in supply.

So knowing this, that even though this fan base has loyally followed a losing football program AND still buys it's merchandise up in stores, isn't it just like North Texas that the AD Dept still REFUSES to take advantage of combining the two and give their loyal customers what they want, their favorite logo on the most recognized aspect of athletics, the football helmet, which is something that every other major program in the nation has done for decades?

Rick

:goodjob:

Courtesy of Smitty's talent. He has more.

helmet-45eaglegradient250.jpg

Yeah, doesn't look very good to me, and it has nothing to do with Smitty's talent. It's too weighted towards the front side of the helmet, IMO. If you drop it back to center it, it looks like it's diving into their earhole. It's just a bad logo for a helmet. I'm all for cutting the wings off and using those. However, I don't see any reason why we should force a logo onto a helmet if it doesn't look right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just want to keep the white outfits. Those look really clean. Heck, just keep everything the same. It doesn't look bad. I don't see what changing the uniforms would do.

Looks too much like SLC. Also, being called the Mean Green seems wierd coming out in all white. At least give us green helmets.

Abercrombie & Fitch unis. Lets make this happen.

Those are SMU's new uniforms next year.

I do not understand why people won't let the black uniform talk die. Black as an accent color is ok, but our colors are GREEN and WHITE. If we want to have black uniforms, then change the school's official colors to green and black. Too many schools and pro teams incorporate black uniforms, even when their team's colors are not black. The basketall team is a perfect example. I think they look good, but black is not one of our team's colors. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I want us to have uniforms that are our school colors.

• Upvote 1

I say North Texas should put the green back in "Mean Green."

Using Glory to the Green and White as a lil inspiration, I present my idea for North Texas' new football uniforms.

Base rules for the uniforms' design:

• The current shade of green had to remain. The old forest green doesn't show well on TV and incorporating multiple shades green wouldn't be recognized by people unfamiliar with the programs' history.
  • North Texas had to remain on the helmet. This has been a trend over the past decade and keeping North Texas on the helmet only helps to strengthen the brand recognition of the program and school.
  • Black is used only as an accent, not as a color equal to white or green. So much of the Dodge era was all white with black and green fighting it out for the #2 color. If anyone remembers the old secondary colors of "copper, black, and navy blue" in addition to the forest green and white, everything around the university seemed to have a palette of colors while green was an afterthought.

homecsc.pngawayy.png

Retaining white helmets: UNT's largest group of graduates has come from the Dodge era. Sticking to a helmet they are familiar with will help tie these alumni to the program. Although almost every other era of living alumni are use to green helmets, the familiar script logo helmets were used in as many seasons as the current white helmets.

All green home uniforms: UNT's second largest living alumni base was in school during the successful Dickey era and are familiar with the all green uniforms. While some may think it echoes to high school level style, collegiate teams like the Arizona Wildcats and South Carolina Gamecocks regularly match a one color uniform with their white helmet.

Away uniforms: In a better balance of UNT's colors, the white away jerseys would match perfectly with "Mean Green" pants. For the past few years, opposing teams couldn't even tell if they were playing the Mean Green or the "Mean White." Retaining the white helmets would also help to emphasis the school's colors, and create a familiar away uniform combination used by teams like the Nebraska Cornhuskers and Oklahoma State Cowboys.

Those are awesome. I'd love to see those rolled out next year. One option, what about a helmet that was a little darker than our school's green? Maybe something like Troy, with a helmet that is a metallac shade and looks a little darker than the red on their uniforms?

• 2 weeks later...

If we're going with Nike, it'll definately be on the ProCombat template. Here is what I put together. Took the wing lines from SOW and incorporated them into the pants stripe. Also robbed the Houston Texans numbers as the points go perfectly with our word mark. ProCombat shield on the collar also has the SOW.

UNT_ProCombat-draw.png

UNT-ProCombat-real.png

Great job! I really like that SOW accent on the pant stripes. Can you do a set with green pants on both the home and away combos?