Recruiting Update (Andrew Power)

Brett Vito

I'm all for him signing here, but we really need JUCO help along the defensive line, linebacker and safety, first and foremost. TE would be way down my list of priorities at this time.

Agreed, but the recruiting coup has to start somewhere, and a quality TE goes a long way in helping a young offensive line in pass blocking and opening up holes for Lance.

Ready to see some defensive signees, but will take any recruit we can get from AQ and top 25 non-aq schools.

I'm all for him signing here, but we really need JUCO help along the defensive line, linebacker and safety, first and foremost. TE would be way down my list of priorities at this time.

TE is a position of need in this recruiting class. I don't care what order the needs are addressed, as long as they are addressed.

• Upvote 1

TE is a position of need in this recruiting class. I don't care what order the needs are addressed, as long as they are addressed.

This is absolutely the bottom line. Don't care how, who, when or where, as long as needs are addressed prior to Sept 3rd, or whatever the date of the season opener is.

Draylen Ross was a pretty good player for us this past season. Shame it took us 3 years of eligibility to get him at the right position but he was an asset when Chico reinstalled the running game this season. He will have some shoes to fill and this Power guy may do the trick. I think the biggest need is defensive end, dtackle and a juco QB for insurance against Riley getting reinjured in that order. We just need a lot of defensive prospects period.

Draylen Ross was a pretty good player for us this past season. Shame it took us 3 years of eligibility to get him at the right position but he was an asset when Chico reinstalled the running game this season. He will have some shoes to fill and this Power guy may do the trick. I think the biggest need is defensive end, dtackle and a juco QB for insurance against Riley getting reinjured in that order. We just need a lot of defensive prospects period.

Astute observation, agreed.

dtackle dtackle dtackle dtackle dtackle dtackle

DEFENSIVE TACKLE is what we need, and now.

Because they didn't rack up a lot of TFL's, I think people have vastly underrated our two DT's from last year. They kept the olinemen/backs off our linebackers, and that is what let #42 run free and rack up enough stops to be make the HOF.

If, next year, those olinemen/backs are mauling zach orr and our other linebackers, their running backs are going to have to be tackled 8 yards down field by our DB's... and we are going to lose more than a few games.

Isn't that right Jack?

Because they didn't rack up a lot of TFL's, I think people have vastly underrated our two DT's from last year. They kept the olinemen/backs off our linebackers, and that is what let #42 run free and rack up enough stops to be make the HOF.

Another astute observation. whole heartedly agree about people underrating the importance of Dline... This is a huge whole that needs addressed.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE is what we need, and now.

If, next year, those olinemen/backs are mauling zach orr and our other linebackers, their running backs are going to have to be tackled 8 yards down field by our DB's... and we are going to lose more than a few games.

Isn't that right Jack?

Couldn't agree more. However, DTackle is probably the most difficult position to fill (on either side of the ball). Quality DT's are just very hard to come by.