You Guys Will Love Clint Bowen!

KU4LIFE

If Clint is indeed your DC, then you guys are getting a very good young DC. There is a strong amount of KU fans that would love to see Clint come back as head coach someday.

He is very personable, hard worker, very good recruiter, and he only is getting better. Clint has has some very good moments and he has had some rough moments while he was at KU. Sadly some of his rough moments at KU were due to multiple reasons. First off he was basically thrown into the fire as DC after Bill Young left for Miami. Secondly he was having to adjust the same time the BIG XII was seeing the greatest offensive passing offenses in leagues history. Lastly he was being hamstrung by Coach Mangino on many personnel matters... it helped attributed to Mangino's downfall as well.

Is Clint perfect? By no means is he, but most KU fans still love the guy to death. I know Clint has known Big Mac for years.

Btw, on the recruiting front while at KU, Bowen mostly recruited Kansas, Kansas City itself, Kansas Juco's, and Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Do you know why he accepted the same position at WKU?

• Upvote 1

Mangino was fired at KU. There was a strong line of thought that Bowen would be retained by Coach Gill, but in the end he let everyone go, so Bowen had to go find a new job.

Bowen had many big time high level BCS job offers as a Secondary coach, but he wanted to be a DC still. In reality Western Kentucky was likely just a quick stop and place to be DC still. Going to North Texas puts him back in the BIG XII region recruiting probably most of the same recruiting grounds as before... Kansas, Kansas Juco's, Kansas City and Dallas/Ft. Worth.

• Upvote 1

If Clint is indeed your DC, then you guys are getting a very good young DC. There is a strong amount of KU fans that would love to see Clint come back as head coach someday.

He is very personable, hard worker, very good recruiter, and he only is getting better. Clint has has some very good moments and he has had some rough moments while he was at KU. Sadly some of his rough moments at KU were due to multiple reasons. First off he was basically thrown into the fire as DC after Bill Young left for Miami. Secondly he was having to adjust the same time the BIG XII was seeing the greatest offensive passing offenses in leagues history. Lastly he was being hamstrung by Coach Mangino on many personnel matters... it helped attributed to Mangino's downfall as well.

Is Clint perfect? By no means is he, but most KU fans still love the guy to death. I know Clint has known Big Mac for years.

Btw, on the recruiting front while at KU, Bowen mostly recruited Kansas, Kansas City itself, Kansas Juco's, and Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Good stuff KU - thanks for sharing it with us. Really like hearing that he recruited the Kansas Jucos as well as DFW!

I think I just got a Mean Green boner..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 9 years later...
On 12/8/2010 at 2:04 PM, KU4LIFE said:

Thank you, fellow Jayhawk. I've been preaching about him here as well. I'm pretty excited about the hire. Wore one of my KU polos to work today. Rock Chalk!

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Little off the Subject but I love how the KU football is located on campus and below the hill.  Visited the campus a few times for work but man was it ever cold.

It is a really nice stadium. The architecture has a Roman Colliseum look to it. The campus itself is very pretty but I can't imagine walking those hills everyday. GF told me that once while she was walking to class and it was snowing and icy, she slipped and slid almost all the way down the hill. Good calf workout though

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 12/8/2010 at 2:31 PM, KU4LIFE said:

Mangino was fired at KU. There was a strong line of thought that Bowen would be retained by Coach Gill, but in the end he let everyone go, so Bowen had to go find a new job.

Bowen had many big time high level BCS job offers as a Secondary coach, but he wanted to be a DC still. In reality Western Kentucky was likely just a quick stop and place to be DC still. Going to North Texas puts him back in the BIG XII region recruiting probably most of the same recruiting grounds as before... Kansas, Kansas Juco's, Kansas City and Dallas/Ft. Worth.

So I have to ask... could you see Mangino coming here in regards to the references of him and Bowen potentially having beef?

14 hours ago, greenjoe said:

No, I’m serious.  What does “rock chalk” mean ?

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/article207561739.html

It's a type of limestone native to the Midwest found on KU campus. Transformed from the original "Rah, Rah, Jayhawks, KU" chant.