Tv For Sam Houston State

NT03

ESPNU

Our game is listed along with a few others. * North Texas @ Nebraska is a mistake , should be Alcorn State....

My espnu TV listing has Vandy vs Mizzu as showing. I noticed at the top of the link it says College Sports Direct. Anyone know if this means that our game will be available pay per view ?

It's not listed on EPSN Full Court

Anyone who knows how this works , please enlighten me

Edited by NT03

If you have meangreen premium then the game should be available - it's listed under upcoming events. I believe we use the same Company as them and that is why it is available. Definitely makes the premium worth it. The basketball feeds have also been much better. No refresh issues so far.

I may just have to sign up for the the Premium service again if not on channelsurfing. It is crazy that the channel surfing feeds, which are basically redistributions of the original feed, are much higher quality. I've subscribed and un-subscribed multiple times from our Premium feed b/c of poor quality. The fact that I can watch ESPN3, channel surfing, Hulu, etc. tells me that it is NOT my high speed internet connection, as the UNT Premium sports tech support guys always seem to suggest.

You'd think UNT would have enough bandwidth to support premium feed, but we don't know how the tech guy's are configuring the network. Always easy out for tech folks to blame your ISP. The tech guy's could be spot on, or they can say that knowing they don't have enough bandwidth or other gear (or network design) to support the number of users subscribing to the service. Bandwidth is really cheap, but unless we do trace route on end to end connection we won't know who many hops on either side of connection which can slow things down, or test for latency throughout the connection. Latency is the real issue here. If you don't have the bandwidth on both side of connection latency will become the issue. Latency will cause buffering issues and poor quality even if feed is in HD.

You'd think UNT would have enough bandwidth to support premium feed, but we don't know how the tech guy's are configuring the network. Always easy out for tech folks to blame your ISP. The tech guy's could be spot on, or they can say that knowing they don't have enough bandwidth or other gear (or network design) to support the number of users subscribing to the service. Bandwidth is really cheap, but unless we do trace route on end to end connection we won't know who many hops on either side of connection which can slow things down, or test for latency throughout the connection. Latency is the real issue here. If you don't have the bandwidth on both side of connection latency will become the issue. Latency will cause buffering issues and poor quality even if feed is in HD.

Yea, I always thought that was the problem, but I could never find a concise way to say it. Thanks for that, always gotta watch out for that latency.

The live sports feeds doesn't come from UNT.. I am pretty sure of it. I cannot recall the company's name, but I think it is Jump TV or something like that. Local interviews, etc. I think do stream from UNT.