Clinton Granger

bdan2002

He looks good. With him at QB, Riley at WR/Wildcat, Baine as back up, and a freshman QB in training we would have a lot of options.

I'd like to see Granger's arm paired with Stradford's speed.

I would imagine if he came here that would put Baine back to 3rd string at best.

He looks good. With him at QB, Riley at WR/Wildcat, Baine as back up, and a freshman QB in training we would have a lot of options.

I'd like to see Granger's arm paired with Stradford's speed.

So Baine is going to be ahead of D Thompson on the depth chart next year? Baring another year like this one injury wise, Baine will be nowhere near high enough on depth chart to get into a game.

Also this is not meant as a slam of Baine, that kid played his tail off when pressed into service.

Considering we have Thompson, Dodge, possibly Tune and Baine coming back, I would look for him to have to compete for a spot. I'm not a big fan of the JUCO QB coming in for two years. Let's go after a HS QB that we can redshirt and start building quality depth.

Considering we have Thompson, Dodge, possibly Tune and Baine coming back, I would look for him to have to compete for a spot. I'm not a big fan of the JUCO QB coming in for two years. Let's go after a HS QB that we can redshirt and start building quality depth.

I think the plan ia to do both. I also wouldn't expect Tune to get a 6th year because of the conference we are in. That leaves us realistically with two legitimate QB's (RD and DT) both of which have durability concerns. I think this year shows the need for more QB's.

Here are the stats for LA Pierce and Clinton for 2010

GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

8 145.64 73-131-7 55.7 1176 10 83 147.0

LA Pierce 2010

they had an 8-3 record on the yr. and Clinton got significantly less play time than did the other QB Xavier Johnson.

7 Ints on 131 Attmepts is not impressive to me...not as a JC Soph. His perceived dual threat is:

GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

8 45 252 61 191 4.2 5 26 23.9

191 net yds doesn't do it for me either and there is no local excitement in this player. I will admit his video looks solid but I cannot see the need to shout to the heavens to have him onboard.

My vote (as posted in other places) goes to Coppell's QB who shows the same Dual Threat stats as a Pro-Style as Clinton.

Coppell Stats

Looks like the other QB, Johnson, is a transfer in from Utah State. I trust the coaches to make the right call, but a guy who was not even the main man on a JC team???? Maybe Johnson was that good??

Maybe we take the TCU approach and go after QB’s as athletes and move them around.

Payed or not, the guy has come in out of a JUCO and made an impact. That's all I was saying. If we want to talk about what I think about him being able to play, that is another thread.

Oh, I know what you meant and had no other arguement. :lol:

I still like our depth and really don't foresee another 2010 happening when our top two QB's go down, so I would prefer that we recruit HS and build from there. I would like to see us go the JUCO route for DT and DE's this year and use that route in emergency situations in the future.