Lone Oak Qb Favors Unt

Brett Vito

Well, he's certainly tall enough to get the job done. But someone help me out, does running a 4.8 forty qualify you as a "mobile QB"?

40 times are like batting averages. Can he run or not? Just like can he hit or not?

I bet you if we measured Dunbar's 40yd time we'd all be disappointed; but I'd take him at RB 10 out of 10 times.

• Upvote 1

give these guys (still uncommitted) some consideration

Taylor Reed

Cody Miller

Joe Minden

Joe would be my favorite outta the group...plus would drive some Coppell folks into the stadium

an article about his most recent game Article "He completed 10 of 11 passes for 204 yards and two touchdowns in the first quarter alone." against Midland...

More articles on Minden

Coppell vs Midland

DMN

Edited by All About UNT

Well, he's certainly tall enough to get the job done. But someone help me out, does running a 4.8 forty qualify you as a "mobile QB"?

Let's see here, Stafford and Sanchez were (NFL Combine) mid 4.8/4.9 respectfully in the 40. Based on most of the talent experts on this board, they are chumps with no FB

future. Guess they just know the right people or have pictures of someone to be where they are. Or maybe 40 times are way over rated. I dunno.

http://www.therounduponline.net/sports/better-with-two-1.2352150

Clint Granger is the other QB prospect listed by Vito. This is an article on the Pierce CC Clint Granger (there is another with that name at Coffeyville CC). He is to visit this weekend.

He seems to be more of a pocket passer than a dual-threat quarterback. He has good size and decent quarterback speed. I know that we need depth but with two years eligibility left how much production can Canales expect?

Clint Granger is the other QB prospect listed by Vito. This is an article on the Pierce CC Clint Granger (there is another with that name at Coffeyville CC). He is to visit this weekend.

He seems to be more of a pocket passer than a dual-threat quarterback. He has good size and decent quarterback speed. I know that we need depth but with two years eligibility left how much production can Canales expect?

WHY WHY WHY a JC QB? We don't need that. We have QB talent galore...IMO. We need JC Defensive Players without a doubt. If you want a 4 Yr. you better get Coppell's QB who is leading them to the next round of the playoffs against SLC tomorrow. Kid is a killer QB and is slipping under the radar because he only started his senior yr... but he came to play. No reason why he doesn't get an offer when only Air Force and SFA have and we are on his list. A solid 4-yr QB get.

• Downvote 4

Guest MeanGreenHomer

WHY WHY WHY a JC QB? We don't need that. We have QB talent galore...IMO. We need JC Defensive Players without a doubt. If you want a 4 Yr. you better get Coppell's QB who is leading them to the next round of the playoffs against SLC tomorrow. Kid is a killer QB and is slipping under the radar because he only started his senior yr... but he came to play. No reason why he doesn't get an offer when only Air Force and SFA have and we are on his list. A solid 4-yr QB get.

Coppell isn't playing Southlake, Guyer is.

Let's see here, Stafford and Sanchez were (NFL Combine) mid 4.8/4.9 respectfully in the 40. Based on most of the talent experts on this board, they are chumps with no FB

future. Guess they just know the right people or have pictures of someone to be where they are. Or maybe 40 times are way over rated. I dunno.

I don't know if he is a FBS QB or not, but...

A combine 4.9 is a heck of a lot faster than a high school coach hand held stop watch "4.9".

I agree, unless we have the expectation that Dodge, Thompson, Tune (if he's granted a Medical RS)and Baine cannot go next year, we really don't need to use a ship on a JUCO QB. If we are going to offer ships to JUCO's it needs to be D-tackles & Linebackers....and they need to be on campus in the spring.

Edited by SilverEagle

I agree, unless we have the expectation that Dodge, Thompson, Tune (if he's granted a Medical RS)and Baine cannot go next year, we really don't need to use a ship on a JUCO QB. If we are going to offer ships to JUCO's it needs to be D-tackles, Linebackers....and they need to be on campus in the spring.

Doesn't it matter what Canales and McCarney want for their offense? You really and truly think Canales wants one of those to be his QB? He didn't recruit a single one of them, and I highly doubt the recruiting efforts of the previous staff are near being on par with what Canales is used to recruiting.

• Upvote 1

I agree, unless we have the expectation that Dodge, Thompson, Tune (if he's granted a Medical RS)and Baine cannot go next year, we really don't need to use a ship on a JUCO QB. If we are going to offer ships to JUCO's it needs to be D-tackles & Linebackers....and they need to be on campus in the spring.

Absolutely! We need defensive linemen, LB's, etc. Take the JC quarterback and make him into a linebacker.

The difference is they run pro style offenses and we want a mobile quarterback for our system. Their 40 times are irrelevant since they aren't expected to run plays such as the read option that require the QB to be a legitimate threat to run.