Leach Campaigning For The Miami Job

KRAM1

not true at all

Tech sold the largest amount of season tickets in program history......more tickets than the new UNT stadium holds

Donations to the Red Raider Club are also up over the last few years as well......both are facts....both prove your claim false

and Gerald Myers has been rumored to retire for years now he is well past retirement age, Tech's facilities have gone through a massive transformation under him, he has been there over 20 years as a university employee and he and he alone decided it was time to move on

what you wrote above is completely and 100% false.....stop talking to T-Shirt fans and broke dicks and start talking to Tech fans that actually matter

Gag. Go to a tt board. We have no need for that bs here true or not.

Edited by ipEAGLE

Gag. Go to a tt board. We have no need for that bs here true or not.

I didn't start the thread

and I am well aware that GMG has no use for the truth and often tries to hide from or obfuscate the truth

still does not make the half truths and lies posted here any more truthful or the corrections any less factual and accurate

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

not true at all

Tech sold the largest amount of season tickets in program history......more tickets than the new UNT stadium holds

Donations to the Red Raider Club are also up over the last few years as well......both are facts....both prove your claim false

and Gerald Myers has been rumored to retire for years now he is well past retirement age, Tech's facilities have gone through a massive transformation under him, he has been there over 20 years as a university employee and he and he alone decided it was time to move on

what you wrote above is completely and 100% false.....stop talking to T-Shirt fans and broke dicks and start talking to Tech fans that actually matter

How can you say that KindDL1's post is "not true at all", when he was just passing along what was said to him by Texas Tech fans, and says as much. You, on the other hand, claim to present "facts", but provide no source. So, we're supposed to simply believe you on your word? Does anyone here know you enough to vouch for you?

• Upvote 4

84-43 at Tech, with many accomplishments at Kentucky and Oklahoma as OC, not to mention many prior coaching accomplishments. Baggage I guess, but a proven winner!!! Who created the baggage, sports media? Wonder what his previous Tech players thing of Leach? Lets not include kids of SMU players (we already now what they think). Tech 2010 7-5 with no baggage well respected former SEC coach. Wonder how their coach will recruit this year. I wonder how many TTech fans would like leach back? B)

The only problem I have with the hiring of Leach would be that offense was the least of our worries over the last couple years. McCarney is a defensive guy which is why I like his hire so much. We're good, we already have a BCS-level offensive coordinator.

How can you say that KindDL1's post is "not true at all", when he was just passing along what was said to him by Texas Tech fans, and says as much. You, on the other hand, claim to present "facts", but provide no source. So, we're supposed to simply believe you on your word? Does anyone here know you enough to vouch for you?

this was a well reasoned argument you presented

http://today.ttu.edu/2010/08/football-season-ticket-sales-break-record/

August 25, 2010 <<<< after leach was gone

Football Season Ticket Sales Break Record

With 46,546 season tickets sold, Texas Tech has surpassed the previous season ticket record of 30,092 that were purchased prior to the start of the 2008 season. The 46,546 season tickets include the Texas Tech student body, which accounts for approximately 12,548 tickets. The official seating capacity for Jones AT&T Stadium will rise to 60,454 in 2010 with the addition of the east side stadium building.

46,546 - 12,548 = 33,998 season tickets sold.......larger than any previously announced figures for the new UNT stadium

http://lubbockonline.com/education-/-tech/2010-09-17/tech-fundraising-campaign-targets-1-billion-end-2013

Tech raised approximately $128 million in 2010, the third-highest annual tally in the school’s history.

I believe one of the other highest was 2002 and another was 2005.....I am about 99% sure that they were not the last few years leach was at Tech

and I have read credible stories from reliable sources talking about athletics donations not dropping off and in fact increasing

so providing links from credible sources is supporting an argument

relaying a story of talking to a couple of drunks in a bar wearing Team Leach T-Shirts and transposing that to all Tech fans.....not so much

am sure he did talk to a couple of fools that cheer for a coach instead of the university where they claimed they were a student.......but I see nothing credible in a two person sample that would in any way shape or form give anyone with an ounce of reasoning ability the thought that those two represent all or even a majority of Tech fans

especially when tangible things like season ticket sales and university donations show otherwise

• Downvote 4

this was a well reasoned argument you presented

http://today.ttu.edu...s-break-record/

August 25, 2010 <<<< after leach was gone

Football Season Ticket Sales Break Record

With 46,546 season tickets sold, Texas Tech has surpassed the previous season ticket record of 30,092 that were purchased prior to the start of the 2008 season. The 46,546 season tickets include the Texas Tech student body, which accounts for approximately 12,548 tickets. The official seating capacity for Jones AT&T Stadium will rise to 60,454 in 2010 with the addition of the east side stadium building.

46,546 - 12,548 = 33,998 season tickets sold.......larger than any previously announced figures for the new UNT stadium

http://lubbockonline...illion-end-2013

Tech raised approximately $128 million in 2010, the third-highest annual tally in the school's history.

I believe one of the other highest was 2002 and another was 2005.....I am about 99% sure that they were not the last few years leach was at Tech

and I have read credible stories from reliable sources talking about athletics donations not dropping off and in fact increasing

so providing links from credible sources is supporting an argument

relaying a story of talking to a couple of drunks in a bar wearing Team Leach T-Shirts and transposing that to all Tech fans.....not so much

am sure he did talk to a couple of fools that cheer for a coach instead of the university where they claimed they were a student.......but I see nothing credible in a two person sample that would in any way shape or form give anyone with an ounce of reasoning ability the thought that those two represent all or even a majority of Tech fans

especially when tangible things like season ticket sales and university donations show otherwise

Thanks for the info; none of which provided any basis for what you wrote about KingDL1.

• Upvote 2

If only firefighters cared more about saving lives and putting out fires than they do posing in calenders....

Seriously dude, do you read what you write before you hit "add reply"?

If Leach and Leavitt did not care about their reputations, and only cared about making money by the employment they would gain by settling, they would have settled already.

Obviously they care more about their reputations and have decided to fight for them job or no job. Dude! Seriously!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the info; none of which provided any basis for what you wrote about KingDL1.

it supports the idea that the Tech fans he talks to are losers and really not fans.....because the information I provided shows that true fans have moved on from leach, continue to purchase season tickets, and make donations to the university.......while the losers and T-shirt fans wonder around aimlessly in a drunken stupor wishing for their offensive deity to show up at another school so they can go support that school....and in turn make their fans appear to be a bunch of clueless asses

he stated all the Tech fans he talks to miss leach.....I stated he talks to loser Tech fans.....then I supported that by showing that support was still very strong for Texas Tech no matter how vocal the supporters of their long gone glorified offensive coordinator are

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

it supports the idea that the Tech fans he talks to are losers and really not fans.....because the information I provided shows that true fans have moved on from leach, continue to purchase season tickets, and make donations to the university.......while the losers and T-shirt fans wonder around aimlessly in a drunken stupor wishing for their offensive deity to show up at another school so they can go support that school....and in turn make their fans appear to be a bunch of clueless asses

he stated all the Tech fans he talks to miss leach.....I stated he talks to loser Tech fans.....then I supported that by showing that support was still very strong for Texas Tech no matter how vocal the supporters of their long gone glorified offensive coordinator are

Yeah all the affluent loser Tech fans I know will be happy you think so much of yourself. You do realize that Leach was fired not even a year ago.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

If Leach and Leavitt did not care about their reputations, and only cared about making money by the employment they would gain by settling, they would have settled already.

Obviously they care more about their reputations and have decided to fight for them job or no job. Dude! Seriously!

actually I am not sure what was up with Leavitt, but what leach cared about was saving his persona and his cult of personality following and truth be told he was looking as hard as he could for any way out of Tech

it has come out in court documents that he practicably begged Miami, Tennessee, and others for even an interview and Miami only gave him a very brief one and Tennessee basically laughed

it is also a 100% fact that leach had every chance to keep his job at Texas Tech.......leach was not fired for what happened with Adam James and in fact there are court documents from Texas Tech that state that leach was found to have not caused harm to the player in question.......but what a separate document also states is that Texas Tech ask for (and was entitled to ask for) an amendment to the coaching contract that specifically dealt with the FUTURE treatment of student athletes with injuries....leach has come out publicly and stated he supported the wording of the document, but he would not sign it.....which of course without the signature it is a worthless document even if "stuck in his personnel file" as leach instructed them to......when pressed to make a change or to help construct a document that both sides could accept and sign off on he flew off the handle and cussed out Kent Hance and was removed from the supervision of student athletes (removed as coach).....when he sued to be reinstated as coach Tech realized he would never comply and fired him for cause as they well should have

leach could have stayed at Texas Tech....Texas Tech has presented documents where they cleared leach for the treatment of Adam James......Tech also was clearly in their rights to ask for a change in the policy of treatment of injured players.....and when leach refused to comply Texas Tech was clearly in their rights to fire him

it was leaches ego and his desire to have the football program "power" and to try and flex it as often as possible that got him fired period

he is an egotist and a fool and the fact no other program has even called him for a coaching opening proves that out.....and it will prove it out again next year and probably the next as well

Yeah all the affluent loser Tech fans I know will be happy you think so much of yourself. You do realize that Leach was fired not even a year ago.

and you do realize that season tickets are sold yearly..and bought based on the fans desire to pay to see this years product and to support the university and the program at that point and time

which means the record setting season ticket sales (after a decline for 2009 after the 2008 season) were fans showing support for the new coaching staff and the current team......not left over support from the decline in season tickets for 2009 after 2008

also Tech is on track to have a recruiting class that will be higher than any from the last few years of leach and possibly higher than any of leaches past classes.....so recruits are not worried about no pirate as well it would appear

so lets see......record paid fan support.....and highly ranked recruits......do vocal T-shirt fans really matter after that

actually I am not sure what was up with Leavitt, but what leach cared about was saving his persona and his cult of personality following and truth be told he was looking as hard as he could for any way out of Tech

it has come out in court documents that he practicably begged Miami, Tennessee, and others for even an interview and Miami only gave him a very brief one and Tennessee basically laughed

it is also a 100% fact that leach had every chance to keep his job at Texas Tech.......leach was not fired for what happened with Adam James and in fact there are court documents from Texas Tech that state that leach was found to have not caused harm to the player in question.......but what a separate document also states is that Texas Tech ask for (and was entitled to ask for) an amendment to the coaching contract that specifically dealt with the FUTURE treatment of student athletes with injuries....leach has come out publicly and stated he supported the wording of the document, but he would not sign it.....which of course without the signature it is a worthless document even if "stuck in his personnel file" as leach instructed them to......when pressed to make a change or to help construct a document that both sides could accept and sign off on he flew off the handle and cussed out Kent Hance and was removed from the supervision of student athletes (removed as coach).....when he sued to be reinstated as coach Tech realized he would never comply and fired him for cause as they well should have

leach could have stayed at Texas Tech....Texas Tech has presented documents where they cleared leach for the treatment of Adam James......Tech also was clearly in their rights to ask for a change in the policy of treatment of injured players.....and when leach refused to comply Texas Tech was clearly in their rights to fire him

it was leaches ego and his desire to have the football program "power" and to try and flex it as often as possible that got him fired period

he is an egotist and a fool and the fact no other program has even called him for a coaching opening proves that out.....and it will prove it out again next year and probably the next as well

I guess you missed the emails of collusion and conspiracy to fire Leach dated many months earlier, between the AD and the Tech President and more.

• Upvote 2

and you do realize that season tickets are sold yearly..and bought based on the fans desire to pay to see this years product and to support the university and the program at that point and time

which means the record setting season ticket sales (after a decline for 2009 after the 2008 season) were fans showing support for the new coaching staff and the current team......not left over support from the decline in season tickets for 2009 after 2008

also Tech is on track to have a recruiting class that will be higher than any from the last few years of leach and possibly higher than any of leaches past classes.....so recruits are not worried about no pirate as well it would appear

so lets see......record paid fan support.....and highly ranked recruits......do vocal T-shirt fans really matter after that

All that proves is they are still Tech fans it does not mean they are happy with what Tech did with Leach, without Leach Tech would still be a Big 12 Joke.

• Upvote 1

I guess you missed the emails of collusion and conspiracy to fire Leach dated many months earlier, between the AD and the Tech President and more.

and I guess you missed the part where those emails were dealing specifically with the coaching contract that was ongoing at that time

and I guess you missed the fact that in order to complete your conspiracy of collusion it would require the stupidity, cooperation, and participation of the coach by going off on an injured player (at a time when head injuries and their treatment in the NFL and college were national news), instructing a trainer to place an injured player in a dark shed and then a dark closet (when millions of dollars of training facilities were immediately available for the treatment of injured players), and for the coach to then further make an ass of himself when cleared of wrong doing and ask to sign a letter dealing with the FUTURE treatment of injured players

so lets see to complete your theory (dealing with emails that were specifically dealing with a year old coaching contract dispute)....we need a player to sustain a concussion.....we need him to be the son of a famous sports broadcaster......we need him to get that injury at the same time a bunch of other high profile NFL and college players are experiencing the same injuries.......we need the "targeted coach" to fly off the handle and make an ass of himself.........we need a medical doctor to go along with all of it and diagnose Adam James......then we need more medical professionals to come out and say they would have never recommended anyone with a concussion to stand unattended in a dark shed or room as treatment.......then we need the coach to further make an ass of himself and refuse to sign a simple letter dealing with the treatment of injured players in the FUTURE.....and we need his idiot lawyer to not get him to sit down and craft a similar acceptable letter dealing with the treatment of injured players in the FUTURE

quite a theory you have there too bad no one with a clue or an ounce of common sense buys into it

Edited by TodgeRodge

All that proves is they are still Tech fans it does not mean they are happy with what Tech did with Leach, without Leach Tech would still be a Big 12 Joke.

and with leach Tech was nothing more than a Big 12 after thought.....that is the joke of team leach and leach supporters......he was the 11th highest paid coach in the country making more money than coaches with national championships and multiple conference championships in the same or better conferences

and he never won the Big 12, never went to a BCS game, never won the Cotton Bowl (and was badly exposed in both) and was trying as hard as he could to get out of Lubbock including going to Washington that was 0-12 that year when he should have been trying to salvage his "greatest most bestest season evAR" in 2008 and his recruiting had dropped off the map from it's already horrible level

from 2002 until he was fired leach averaged something like #32 in recruiting because he was lazy and spent all his time job shopping and brushing up on his cult of personality

there is an article out from today or yesterday in the Miami paper where leach is quoted saying he would have take a pay cut to get the Miami job the first time.....at the same time he was always crying to Tech for more money and trying to leverage other jobs against them.......leach is out for leach.......only a dolt would not see or know that

hell Mike Gundy in half as much time is about to do about the same as leach ever did in the Big 12.....and Gundy is barely 40 and not a pirate

leach was a chump and a fool and was never loyal to or cared about Texas Tech other than what he could get from them while he tried to move up and on.....people wised up to that before 2008 and even more after 2008 and they tried to stick with him and see if it could work (along with massively over paying him).......and all leach could do in response was give the UH game away, get spanked by TAMU at home, and try more of the same "me against the university administration BS" (the same administration that begged him to sit down and work out a contract while his agents grandstanded for him and tried to go over the chancellor to the BOR and were reprimanded by the BOR for that...and then still paid him top 11 coaching money almost 3 million a year with a lot guaranteed for him and little guarantee for the university)

after all of that when mike would not help protect the university by agreeing to a simple statement of treatment of the injured players in the FUTURE....only the lowest of the low dirt bags that got off beating eastern nowhere by 70 would still want anything to do with a lazy, sorry, cult of personality fool like leach

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

and I guess you missed the part where those emails were dealing specifically with the coaching contract that was ongoing at that time

and I guess you missed the fact that in order to complete your conspiracy of collusion it would require the stupidity, cooperation, and participation of the coach by going off on an injured player (at a time when head injuries and their treatment in the NFL and college were national news), instructing a trainer to place an injured player in a dark shed and then a dark closet (when millions of dollars of training facilities were immediately available for the treatment of injured players), and for the coach to then further make an ass of himself when cleared of wrong doing and ask to sign a letter dealing with the FUTURE treatment of injured players

so lets see to complete your theory (dealing with emails that were specifically dealing with a year old coaching contract dispute)....we need a player to sustain a concussion.....we need him to be the son of a famous sports broadcaster......we need him to get that injury at the same time a bunch of other high profile NFL and college players are experiencing the same injuries.......we need the "targeted coach" to fly off the handle and make an ass of himself.........we need a medical doctor to go along with all of it and diagnose Adam James......then we need more medical professionals to come out and say they would have never recommended anyone with a concussion to stand unattended in a dark shed or room as treatment.......then we need the coach to further make an ass of himself and refuse to sign a simple letter dealing with the treatment of injured players in the FUTURE.....and we need his idiot lawyer to not get him to sit down and craft a similar acceptable letter dealing with the treatment of injured players in the FUTURE

quite a theory you have there too bad no one with a clue or an ounce of common sense buys into it

No it just proves they were looking for something as silly as Adam James to fire Leach and not pay him as the those emails clearly state.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No it just proves they were looking for something as silly as Adam James to fire Leach and not pay him as the those emails clearly state.

even if remotely true which it is not

it just shows leach is stupid enough to aid them in their quest all the way......he filed something like 10 claims against Tech and all but one were mocked by the judge and tossed immediately....only one will move up on appeal and that is the right to sue at all

he filed cases against several individuals and those and those were just tossed the other day with mike agreeing to never sue those people again

his response was to sue the James family, the largest sports broadcaster on earth, and a communications firm...and his own lawyer came out in the press and said "this is all mikes idea"

mike leach is a fool and Texas Tech is better off without him now and long into the future

not true at all

Ok, #1 Tuberville fan, how'd that 1st season work out for you?

Yes, EVERY Tech alumni I know are pissed. Pissed that Leach is gone. Pissed that their road uniforms now look like Auburn South. Pissed that they are 7-5.

How about that great defense played this year? Remember the great defensive improvement you siad was coming this year under Tuberville? Where is it?

Donations are up over the last few years? Yep, and Leach's winning football team that almost played for a national title had nothing to do with that, right?

Tech facilities has gone through a massive transformation because Leach won, and won at a level never seen before at Tech. THAT got people interest in the athletic program at a whoir new level.

All time season ticket sales? That says more about Leach than Tuberville. Let's see how those sales look after a 7-5 season, shall we?

The players are glad he is gone? Weren't the Cowboys players all happy when Wade replaced Parcells? And we all know how that worked out. If you want to let 20 year olds pick their coach, go ahead, just please don't do it at UNT.

We will see what happpens with Meyers, but he is NOT favored right now by their alumni.

How anyone really knows any of this is beyond my scope of imagination. Seems to me that if you get most of your facts from a message board or from "the alumni and fans I talk to", that you might just have a bit of a skew in your research. Just like all those here who "knew" this coach or that coach was or was not interviewed, was or was not contacted, was or was not interested, it was RV's decision, it was not RV's decision, Canales is going, Canales is staying and on and on. Great fun for message board posts and speculation, but hardly the actual facts of the matter.

But, it is fun to see the passion with which some folks either love or hate Leach. If anything, the guy can ignite the passions of people...one way or the other. It really matters not in the grand scheme of things if you are a Mean Green fan other than it's interesting to chat about.

The Mean Green took TTech down in BB this year and I am looking forward to the possibility of doing the same thing in football one of these days under Coach McCarney. That's the HC I care the most about these days...

GO MEAN GREEN!

How anyone really knows any of this is beyond my scope of imagination. Seems to me that if you get most of your facts from a message board or from "the alumni and fans I talk to", that you might just have a bit of a skew in your research. Just like all those here who "knew" this coach or that coach was or was not interviewed, was or was not contacted, was or was not interested, it was RV's decision, it was not RV's decision, Canales is going, Canales is staying and on and on. Great fun for message board posts and speculation, but hardly the actual facts of the matter.

But, it is fun to see the passion with which some folks either love or hate Leach. If anything, the guy can ignite the passions of people...one way or the other. It really matters not in the grand scheme of things if you are a Mean Green fan other than it's interesting to chat about.

The Mean Green took TTech down in BB this year and I am looking forward to the possibility of doing the same thing in football one of these days under Coach McCarney. That's the HC I care the most about these days...

GO MEAN GREEN!

Several of the emails were posted, Adam James was released form medical care. It means he would drive, sit on his bed by himself, Sit in a closet if he wanted. Walk around campus whatever. But some how a bratty little kid that he was is sent to an air conditioned room to sit is some kind of torture. Adam James being mistreated is silly and breaks the rules of common sense.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Leach gets what he deserves for lawyering up to the hilt instead of settling the matters behind closed doors. I believe Texas Tech did not deal with him squarely at the time he signed the contract.

But, when the Adam James thing blew up - and, Leach helped it blow up - he should have cut a deal with the university and gone on his way.

I agree completely. Leach is costing himself another job at a BCS school with his litigiousness. He should smarten up and settle.

Several of the emails were posted, Adam James was released form medical care. It means he would drive, sit on his bed by himself, Sit in a closet if he wanted. Walk around campus whatever. But some how a bratty little kid that he was is sent to an air conditioned room to sit is some kind of torture. Adam James being mistreated is silly and breaks the rules of common sense.

Adam James was not why leach was fired.....he may have been a catalyst for the incident, but the incident could have just as easily been Mangino at KU or Leavitt......and if Texas Tech had decided to go in and make a specific change to leaches contract dealing with the future treatment of injured players there is a very good chance leach would have behaved the same way....because leach was an abrasive knuckle head that had been rubbing many fans and people of influence since long before all this took place

if one looks at the time line of what happened...if they look at the dates and times on the legal documents entered into evidence.....people with any ability to read and understand a calender would see that the document that leach was ask to sign dealing with the treatment of injured players in the future was dated before the incident went public and before any court case by leach trying to get an injunction and the subsequent firing

the investigation had taken place.....there is court evidence that shows Texas Tech informed leach he was cleared.....and then the above document and another that shows the had first ask leach to apologize to Adam and the James family and I believe it shows there the president of the university struck that request and left only the ones dealing with the future treatment if injured players

so again leach had been investigated.....and cleared of wrong doing......the break down occurred when leach was ask to sign a document dealing with the treatment of injured players....he refused.....he then said he accepted the terms of the letter, but he would not sign it, and that Tech should stick it in his personnel file.....anyone with an ounce of common sense much less a legal education that mike has (though he is not a lawyer because he never took or passed the bar) would know that verbally stating acceptance is not acceptable nor is placing an unsigned document in a file

without leach specifically agreeing to change the treatment of injured players Texas Tech had no choice but to remove him from the supervision of student athletes......THAT is when the story broke and not before......and after leach went for the injunction to return to the supervision of student athletes without agreeing to the change in policy about the treatment of injured players....Tech felt the best course of action was to fire him

it would be no different than if the son of a local high school coaching star with a 79-1 record went to a university and suffered a series of serious injuries including a head injury......and the father (the well known coaching legend) questioned why his injured son was yelled at and then placed in a dark shed alone to stand under the auspices of treatment for a head injury

and then once all were satisfied (player and coach and father).......UNT decided to ask for the coach to sign a document dealing with the future treatment of injured players.....and the coach decided to blow up, cuss out the AD, President, and Chancellor.......then lawyered up and went to court

please post in this forum that you would find it acceptable if after a public incident dealing with an injured UNT athlete (head injury specifically), his well known father, and the coach......during a time of national news about the treatment of players with head injuries......that UNT would not go to the coach and specifically ask to clarify policy on the treatment of injured players.....or that after UNT ask for this clarification the coach blew up and cussed out all his supervisors and refused to sign it then lawyered up.......you would really actually want a clown like that representing UNT and doing it for nearly 3 million per year

you would really view the type of person that would not fully understand why he was being ask to sign such a document....much less sign it......much less blow up......as the type of person you would want to return to supervising students and injured players.....because without the signed document there is no change in policy.....and said coach would still make the call on injured players playing and practicing......and that is asking for a massive amount of legal liability and not the liability that any university administrator worth a damn would expose a program or a university to

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have yet to meet a Tech fan that did not want Leach back,

No kidding! I haven't met one either that doesn't say they miss him. I must have talked to 10 alumns, one in our family during Thanksgiving, and before during the past several weeks who feel the same way. One on my department even said he was excited at the thought(at the time) of the possibility of him coming here. Then stated..."Can you imagine what he could do if he coached at a big public school like UNT in the DFW area?".

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1