2011 Football Season Tickets

TheColonyEagle

I am a family fun pack man, so I guess I will hold off and see if they offer it in the new stadium.

According to the rumour that Untcampbell posted in the stadium folder thread, it will continue on but they are shifting those seats to the wingzone. Don't know if that is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me.

Nope...to get a better idea of season ticket renewals and numbers of new season ticket holders, to hopefully gain new Mean green Club members and to allow current season ticket holders (and others for that matter) to up their number of Mean Green Priority Points (is that what they call them?) to improve their seat selection priority. I see no "sinister plot" here by the Athletic Dept. to somehow gauge their ability to raise season ticket prices a great deal. We have been told all along that ticket prices will be higher in the new stadium, but they are not looking to jack prices up significantly.

It would do the Mean Green and our new HC a great good if people would, in fact place deposits now for next year's seats. Our new HC has been charged with bringing new season ticket holders to the table, retaining current season ticket holders and helping to sell Club Level and Suite packages. It's always nice to know what base you have to work with before heading out to sell a program if you are a new HC or member of the new HC's staff. Seems a very smart move on the part of the staff with this offer. Besides, if you are going to buy tickets for next season, why not up your points total a bit by placing a deposit on your seats now?

I wasn't suggesting any sinister motive. If they start collecting deposits and discover they are going to sell out the press box side of the stadium, why not bump up the price by 5%?

Nothing wrong with that at all. The fact that they are saying tickets will start at "around $100" suggests to me they still don't know what the price levels will be.

• Downvote 1

I am a family fun pack man, so I guess I will hold off and see if they offer it in the new stadium.

Emailed Troy at the ticket office. He said they will be offering the Family Fun packs in the new stadium but didn't mention the cost or where they would be. He noted that they expect to release information on pricing and the seat selection process in the very near future and to make a deposit once the official pricing is released.

Folks, my take on this is that it is not confusing at all. It is a $100 "deposit". The $100 is not the price of the ticket package...it is just what it says...a "deposit". If you have had four and want four...AND want to make a deposit that would be $400. There is no REQUIREMENT that you make a deposit for next season. It is just a good way to get some of the costs allocated now and for the department to have some idea of what they are working with. And, maybe to add to your point totals for seat placement/selection in the new stadium.

Unfortunately, I do not see the stadium selling out with season ticket holders, so there should be plenty of time to select seats...with or without friends and in the amount you decide you want AFTER the full price is announced. So, please don't panic over this or assume it is some sinister plot by the athletic dept. to lock folks in and then raise ticket prices out the roof. I would even imagine that if you put a deposit down on 4 and then only needed two that the folks in the ticket office would allow you to use the $$$$ you deposited on the tickets you do intend to purchase (certainly confirm this before you try it! Ha!).

This is a very common practice with many schools as they work to budget and plan. Just another indication that UNT is moving in the right direction as it grows and develops its programs. Yes, good things are happening at UNT, and this move indicates to me a good bit of planning on the part of the athletic department.

You say it's not confusing, but I still don't have an answer to the question, "What impact will it make to ME if I don't send in the deposit."

I realize there are lots of reasons for UNT to be doing this. The obvious one is that this is a way to generate some quick cash. Businesses do it all of the time, but they have to offer some incentive to the customer to have them transfer their money from their personal account to the business. Where's my free toaster?

You say it's not confusing, but I still don't have an answer to the question, "What impact will it make to ME if I don't send in the deposit."

I realize there are lots of reasons for UNT to be doing this. The obvious one is that this is a way to generate some quick cash. Businesses do it all of the time, but they have to offer some incentive to the customer to have them transfer their money from their personal account to the business. Where's my free toaster?

It's so F'ing frustrating being a UNT alum.

well, you get to have the warm fuzzies that you are helping your school. How is that?

Seriously, while yes this is run like a business, it isn't just a business. I don't normally just donate money to businesses, but I do donate money to my alma mater. View the deposit as your Vote that you are supporting football and the new direction. Think of it as you giving them a hell yeah and a pat on the butt. Can I say that here?

Edited by meangreanmick

I need ONE ticket. I'm planning on buying THREE tickets. There's my charity. Now, I need to put a deposit down on 3 tix. Wait, I don't know how much tickets cost. If they end up being $150, I may only be able to buy 2 tix. So, I just wasted fifty bucks on a deposit I can't use.

Why release something like this until the details are in place?

Also, I didn't see anything about the deposit adding to MG points. Did I miss that somewhere?

My biggest frustration is the simple fact that they have yet to determine the price point on the tickets. If they were able to say, 'Season ticket pricing is out now. Reserve the best seats for the upcoming season by placing a deposit for your seats.' Everyone could look at a stadium map with pricing, determine where they can/want to sit, and put their deposit in to basically get in line for that section. When season tickets go on sale I'm notified of where my seats are and am asked to pay the balance.

The stadium isn't built yet. They don't even know how many seats each row will have, let alone where seat X is at.

I'm not involved in contruction but figure the stadium is built according to a plan. How do you not know where seat X will be? When it's finished they're going to have to go tape nametags on the seats like in pre-K?

I need ONE ticket. I'm planning on buying THREE tickets. There's my charity. Now, I need to put a deposit down on 3 tix. Wait, I don't know how much tickets cost. If they end up being $150, I may only be able to buy 2 tix. So, I just wasted fifty bucks on a deposit I can't use.

Why release something like this until the details are in place?

So put a deposit down on one ticket. When the pricing comes out in the near future, adjust accordingly.

I don't think there's a deadline on putting down a deposit. Putting one down is better than putting zero down. Hell, I posted the link and I haven't even done it yet. I'm going to do it next Friday.

I know for sure I'm going to get 2 seats, so I'll put down $100. I'm in the process of trying to get some other people to go this year. When they make up their mind, they'll put their own deposit down. When the tickets and seats become available to purchase, I'll know how many I can buy in a certain section and I'll buy accordingly.

All you're doing is telling the athletic department, "I am going to buy season tickets"and you and me and this person and that person will give their $50 and in a month or so, the athletic department will add all these up and say "We expect to sell X amount of season tickets. There's probably a formula that they use that says they can expect to add a certain percentage on top of what people have pre-committed to and that will help them plan.

I think some people are confused and think that when you put your deposit down you get in some sort of order. That's got nothing to do with it. Putting the deposit down yesterday and putting it down two weeks from now is the exact same thing. Your seats will be determined much later according to your MG Club Point level. All the athletic department is trying to do is figure out how many season tickets they need to be prepared for.

EVERY TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN THAT SELLS SEASON TICKETS DOES THIS EXACT SAME THING.

Edited by TheColonyEagle

My best guess...NONE! You'll just order tickets and pick your seat location when you decide if you want to purchase tickets and how many. Do it or don't do, you make the call. You have all the time you need to make your decision.

As CE mentioned, exact capacity for each row/section won't be known until seating construction is finished. Once bleachers are installed and seating tags placed on each seat (after determining how much distance to allow between seats, yes it can vary) then they can begin actual designation of specific seats.

I'm sure many reminders will be sent to existing season ticket holders about timeframes and options.

*One thing to remember for those waffling and don't yet have season tickets...it's a good year to jump in. Many good seats (midfield) will be available as several of those ticketholders will be moving up to the suite and club levels.

Edited by NT80