Welcome Coach Mac To The Mean Green

ParksAndRecRick

We welcome Coach Mac to Denton, the Unviersity of North Texas and the SunBelt Conference. I applaud officials for staying with their timetable of the announcement right after our last game of the year. People in the know across the Country are excited about Coach Mac coming to UNT. Good Recruiter, loved by his players, learned from the best, firey on the sideline--and his players take on his attitude.

Neat to have ties again with Hayden Fry!

Let's all welcome Coach Mac and his wife at the Press Conference!

UNT Football: It's Time!!!!!

Edited by ParksAndRecRick

I don't want to keep starting topics, so I will post this here...

I totally understand your appreciation and love for Coach Chico. He did a grand job indeed. I thought last night was the best game since our win over Cincy in the New Orleans Bowl. Many of you have mentioned the comments of the classy Bill Snyder to Coach Chico after the game. Coach Chico said that Snyder said "you beat us up" and "they would be a fool not to hire you." No question in my mind Coach Snyder said those comments. However, those of you who say, what would Coach Snyder say about Coach MaCarney gettng the job. I bet he would say, "Wow" what a great job for UNT.

Coach Chico will get a head job! I hope he does this year. He does deserve it. Lord knows he is a master for politicing for one (and I don't mean that negative at all, very impressive).

If he doesnt, I would love for him to stay...but, that would not be possible. And, I understand guys, someone has to always give a chance for someone to get their first head job. Maybe UNT should have? However, I support the McCarney higher, just from his wealth of experience and just what others in the business think of him.

Then, all of you believe Rick V was not in the decision process or was pushed into this decision. NO one has proof of that as well. I fully know about the President and the Consultant, and have looked at both of them. Granted, their was others in the process, but Rick V. made the call.

I remember y'all loving the Coach Dodge hire. I remember many of you saying with Coach Deloach back, we will be awesome defensively! Watch out! Coach Deloach for President!

Personally, I think all the injuuries killed the defense and killed the season. I personally give Coach Dodge and Coach Chico and Coach Deloach passes. But, we have a new stadium and new opportunities and a change was called for...

100 percent say everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have no right to personally attack anyone for thier thoughts. And, this forum is for that. Just in my humble opinion, and those that know me know I was hoping for another candidate, I am right now putting all my support behind the new head Coach. Recruiting is in front us...and would love to see us as united as possible. Do you think it matters at all in recruiting. I belive it does....

Sorry some of you are dissapointed. Sorry for Coach Chico. Decision is done. Let's all show up and get off to a grand start with Coach Mac!