Tonight's Expectaions

glick1980

I will honestly be a little dissapointed if we lose tonight. I don't really expect us to win tonights game, but I think we can. I think it will be a pretty close game and I look for it to be a single digit loss or a UNT win. I think if we defend well and get to the line and hit open 3's then we can win. We need outstanding night's from every player that plays to pull it off. JJ has raised the expectations around here so much that our fans should expect a great game and a chance to win. We have a great team, a great coach, and a great system. We need to stay out of foul trouble and we need guys to help George on the glass. I am excited to see how it all plays out.

I'll literally be stunned if we win tonight. This is not a slight to our team. Let's not forget Kansas has a 60+ game home court win streak. The Phog is as tough a place to play as there is. I'm hoping to win, but realistically I'll be thrilled if we have a showing like we did against Texas A&M last season.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

I will honestly be a little dissapointed if we lose tonight.

Well thank god we didn't lose to Tech, you'd probably be suicidal. I'd love a win, expect the final score to end up with KU winning by 15-20 and would consider it a great success if we lost by single digits. The Phog is intense.

I'll literally be stunned if we win tonight. This is not a slight to our team. Let's not forget Kansas has a 60+ game home court win streak. The Phog is as tough a place to play as there is. I'm hoping to win, but realistically I'll be thrilled if we have a showing like we did against Texas A&M last season.

Without the meltdown in the latter portion of the first half of that game....we would have stood a strong chance of upset. We outscored A&M through most of the game but the run that they had in the late 1st half put us too far down.

Without the meltdown in the latter portion of the first half of that game....we would have stood a strong chance of upset. We outscored A&M through most of the game but the run that they had in the late 1st half put us too far down.

I know? We played really well. We'd have to play decidedly better tonight to win. NT will have to play the best game we've played in....40 some odd years to beat KU in Lawrence.

I want a win of course, and my heart says "damn right!"... but my head says that we hang with Kansas until the end of the first half or start of second when they take over... I think for a win tonight we'd need all of our players healthy and 100% ready to go, which they are not (Edwards, Williams, Spencer, etc.). But if Josh can play like he did combined with additional scoring from Tristan, plus good defensive play from the bigs, we have a shot. GO MEAN GREEN!

I want a win of course, and my heart says "damn right!"... but my head says that we hang with Kansas until the end of the first half or start of second when they take over... I think for a win tonight we'd need all of our players healthy and 100% ready to go, which they are not (Edwards, Williams, Spencer, etc.). But if Josh can play like he did combined with additional scoring from Tristan, plus good defensive play from the bigs, we have a shot. GO MEAN GREEN!

What is wrong with Edwards?

i think UNT can keep it close... its gonna come down to our 3 pt shooting. it HAS to improve... that said, i think we can hold our own on Defense and Rebounding... im not saying we will win, but if we can keep it close and outplay them on the stat sheet i will be happy. The X factor tho is Josh White. if this guy catches fire like he did against TT... the jayhawks may be in for a long game.

i think UNT can keep it close... its gonna come down to our 3 pt shooting. it HAS to improve... that said, i think we can hold our own on Defense and Rebounding... im not saying we will win, but if we can keep it close and outplay them on the stat sheet i will be happy. The X factor tho is Josh White. if this guy catches fire like he did against TT... the jayhawks may be in for a long game.

The X factor is can Josh and Tristan both have huge games against a Big 12 school in the same game.