Naming of an Air Force Base

Sound_Man

Although this will probably get locked, just got word of this from some of my family. One of my uncles was killed in 9-11 and with my uncle and a few other cousins and other family members on the front line, and in front of it right now, I thought this was kinda cool and wanted to share. One of the coalitions airbase's was named after my uncle who was killed in the 9-11 attacks.

eric

http://www.af.mil/news/Feb2002/n20020214_0250.shtml

user posted image

Quote from the article:

“He never hesitated," Kelly said. "I'm sure he was scared out of his mind. We all were that day. But, Chief Ganci and his men strapped on their gear, like a thousand times before, and went to do their job.

That pretty much says it all.

Meanwhile Cheney's "Halliburton" gets the first government contract to go into Iraq and take control of the oil wells. 

Feel lied to yet?

Nope.

Soundman,

That is a great tribute to your Uncle. Many thanks to your family that has chosen to serve our country. My prayers are with them for safety in the war and a safe trip home.