"claws Up"

ColoradoEagle

Saw this on a couple homemade signs last night. We need to get the announcer at the basketball and football games saying this, get it on shirts, get it on our marketing material and signs. Also, if the cheerleaders could work it into a chant, that would be super.

I like the idea, but then I got to thinking and remembered that the Rangers let that cheer spread organically for 2/3rds of the season before they pushed it on us.

Last night taught me a lesson: let go and let the students drive the cheers and what we yell. They've got this and they should be the pulse of the crowd. This may not seem like much, but I'm a jackass who wore spandex to the tournament title game last year. I have complete faith in the student body to pull this off without AD help unless they ask for it.

I don't think the AD prints the cheat sheets at most basketball schools, so why should we be different? Those kids stepped up last night and I'd love to see what a loosely organized, energetic flock of college kids are capable of before we step in.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 5

Saw this on a couple homemade signs last night. We need to get the announcer at the basketball and football games saying this, get it on shirts, get it on our marketing material and signs. Also, if the cheerleaders could work it into a chant, that would be super.

No.

Cheap take-off of the "Guns Up" Texas Tech slogan.

Not a fan of the copied Tortilla throwing, and NOT a fan of this. AT ALL.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Last night taught me a lesson: let go and let the students drive the cheers and what we yell. They've got this and they should be the pulse of the crowd.

They did a great job. They're missing the "NICE SHOT" yell, but beyond that, they were in every moment. The amount of movement and yelling during free throws was great. :ph34r:

I don't think the AD prints the cheat sheets that most basketball schools, so why should we be different? Those kids stepped up last night and I'd love to see what a loosely organized, energetic flock of college kids are capable of before we step in.

Nah, I don't want to force any chants. I do like the idea of having our own 'catch phrase' though. Go Mean Green, while a great name for a website :P, is pretty generic. Also, I want a shirt that says, "Claws Up" and has our eagle logo (not the goofy junior high claw). :thumbsup:

I like the idea, but then I got to thinking and remembered that the Rangers let that cheer spread organically for 2/3rds of the season before they pushed it on us.

Last night taught me a lesson: let go and let the students drive the cheers and what we yell. They've got this and they should be the pulse of the crowd. This may not seem like much, but I'm a jackass who wore spandex to the tournament title game last year. I have complete faith in the student body to pull this off without AD help unless they ask for it.

I don't think the AD prints the cheat sheets at most basketball schools, so why should we be different? Those kids stepped up last night and I'd love to see what a loosely organized, energetic flock of college kids are capable of before we step in.

The Pit Crew did an awesome job of shouting down the Raider faithful whenever they tried to organize chants as well. That was great to see.

I'm with Quoner...let the students lead this thing in the crowd. They did a great job last night and that enthusiasm spread throughout the entire crowd. By the time the game went into overtime, the entire crowd was raucous.

Keep up the good work, Pit Crew!