Brent Venables Resume

MeanGreenDan

if we are going to hire a o.c. as out next head coach, i would rather have coach chico than anyone else. i am wondering if our national coaching search will turn out identical to our national search for a new president. bye the bye, lane rawlings appears to be more hands on with our athletic department than any president i can remember in my 49 years as an eagle/mean green backer. be carefull what you wish for.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Venables would be fine if Canales isn't hired and we go the coordinator route.

-He satisfies the Texas recruiting people's worries.

-He satisfies the national recruiting people's dreams.

-He's young enough (turns 40 in December) to satisfy those who age discriminate in their hiring preference.

-And, if you've ever watched an OU game on TV, you know that he's more than energetic enough.

Amazingly, the spoiled Sooner fans want him gone. In reality, his departure would likely lead to their continued "down years." And, that would be a boone for Sooner haters.

So, in reality, there really is no down side to throwing Venables into the mix.

My only concern about Venables is that there have only been three seasons in his coaching career that he wasn't in some way coaching with Bob Stoops. And, during those three years, he was still coaching with Mike Stoops.

How much of his success is Bob and Mike, and how much is his alone? He was also a player as KSU when Bob was a coach. Although, I think his position coach at the time was Mike.

Can he exist in the college football world without a Stoops brother on the sideline with him? There are coaches who turn out to be more riders/good position coaches/coordinators, but not so great running the whole show.

Fro whatever reason, I'd feel better about Venables if he'd been somewhere other than Kansas State and Oklahoma at their zenith. Could he go somewhere else on his own - without being co-defensive coordinator, which he was at Kansas State and most of his tenure at OU - and make it work?

I suspect he could. But, who knows. He's never done it.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Heard Venbable was a Texas HS recruiting goat ropin' son of a gun.

Whoever we hire would probably know that Houston is in south Texas (near Galveston) :rolleyes: and Dallas-Fort Worth in the northern part of our great state (near, uh, Denton), but should he might also have a general knowledge of where Tenaha, Timpson, Bobo and Blair, Texas are, too? Interpretation of That? Small Texas towns where project recruits and a staff who can evaulate talent at smaller Texas HS settings of which some such recruits might turn into good FBS college football level players.

I don't care who we hire, but am really trusting (and defering) all this discussion going on at GMG.com to our new Prez'(with his BOR's input, too); again, our UNT president who had the same title at much larger athletic outposts than UNT with Washington State and Memphis. I believe our new Prez' will listen to Chuck Nenias who UNT is paying nicely for us to maybe listen to his recommendations?

And then......... whoever Neinas suggests UNT actually highly considers in light of the very high stakes now with possible the need of (hopefully) a familar face kind of hire with FBS HFC experience to enhance & help sell to the casual fans our New Era/New Stadium/And Need of a Corporate Sponsor (to basically pay for the rest of our stadium that our UNT student fee will not pay for); anyway, then our UNT powers gently persuades RV what direction we probably really need to go on with this next hire (since our past hires have not taken us to any Top 50 finishes might just be one of their criteria)? NOTE: Of course, Top 25 would be nice but we need to jump this huge hurdle of getting past where we've been for quite a long, long time first.

It would be a win-win for any AD at North Texas to want to share this hire with a new president since the Todd Dodge hire just didn't work. I have no idea how many bad football hires an AD at any FBS level school is allowed? And then how long till our powers start wanting higher echelon hires to start producting (minimum) Top 50 football programs. (Boise sorta' showed us if the can be in Top 25 then surely North Texas will soon be able to be at least a Top 50 fixture?

Or do we keep our goals where they've been most of us Old Gun Alum's adult lives? Young Gunners, on your behalf, you don't want to wake up suddenly being 60 and see your athletic dept. has not in most your lifetimes produced any major varsity sport with any ranking inside the Top 50.

So.......Local Media (all 1 of you) are you really in support of the same ol' 6 & 7 in Denton? What level of the the FBS would you, Denton Local Media, have the most fun reporting on anyway? Your answer would tell us much;)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Ray 1

Venables would be fine if Canales isn't hired and we go the coordinator route.

-He satisfies the Texas recruiting people's worries.

-He satisfies the national recruiting people's dreams.

-He's young enough (turns 40 in December) to satisfy those who age discriminate in their hiring preference.

-And, if you've ever watched an OU game on TV, you know that he's more than energetic enough.

Amazingly, the spoiled Sooner fans want him gone. In reality, his departure would likely lead to their continued "down years." And, that would be a boone for Sooner haters.

So, in reality, there really is no down side to throwing Venables into the mix.

My only concern about Venables is that there have only been three seasons in his coaching career that he wasn't in some way coaching with Bob Stoops. And, during those three years, he was still coaching with Mike Stoops.

How much of his success is Bob and Mike, and how much is his alone? He was also a player as KSU when Bob was a coach. Although, I think his position coach at the time was Mike.

Can he exist in the college football world without a Stoops brother on the sideline with him? There are coaches who turn out to be more riders/good position coaches/coordinators, but not so great running the whole show.

Fro whatever reason, I'd feel better about Venables if he'd been somewhere other than Kansas State and Oklahoma at their zenith. Could he go somewhere else on his own - without being co-defensive coordinator, which he was at Kansas State and most of his tenure at OU - and make it work?

I suspect he could. But, who knows. He's never done it.

Lonnie, I know head coaching is not a popularity contest. I have heard he is not well liked by the players because he has an explosive temper. Some Sooner fans have complained that it is one thing to chew a player out on a sideline, but they have said he embarasses them. Don't know, have not seen it. But, we have a coordinator who has been with a program built from scratch. I think a BCS coordinator would have culture shock here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lonnie, I know head coaching is not a popularity contest. I have heard he is not well liked by the players because he has an explosive temper. Some Sooner fans have complained that it is one thing to chew a player out on a sideline, but they have said he embarasses them. Don't know, have not seen it. But, we have a coordinator who has been with a program built from scratch. I think a BCS coordinator would have culture shock here.

Yet..........the Canales supporters never cease to amaze with their rebuttals even versus those coaching at much higher places than UNT.

I can just see it now: Jesus C. would suddenly be on our UNT candidate's list and then the other new group that has inundated this board for the last few weeks say this:

"Well, Jesus could only turn the water into wine at that wedding feast, but our guy would turn it into a fully stocked wet bar and............with all drinks for free."

Sorry, that was a bit devlish' :devil: --I retract. :innocent:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 6

Heard Venbable was a Texas HS recruiting goat ropin' son of a gun.

Whoever we hire would probably know that Houston is in south Texas (near Galveston) :rolleyes: and Dallas-Fort Worth in the northern part of our great state (near, uh, Denton), but should he might also have a general knowledge of where Tenaha, Timpson, Bobo and Blair, Texas are, too? Interpretation of That? Small Texas towns where project recruits and a staff who can evaulate talent at smaller Texas HS settings of which some such recruits might turn into good FBS college football level players.

I don't care who we hire, but am really trusting (and defering) all this discussion going on at GMG.com to our new Prez'(with his BOR's input, too); again, our UNT president who had the same title at much larger athletic outposts than UNT with Washington State and Memphis. I believe our new Prez' will listen to Chuck Nenias who UNT is paying nicely for us to maybe listen to his recommendations?

And then......... whoever Neinas suggests UNT actually highly considers in light of the very high stakes now with possible the need of (hopefully) a familar face kind of hire with FBS HFC experience to enhance & help sell to the casual fans our New Era/New Stadium/And Need of a Corporate Sponsor (to basically pay for the rest of our stadium that our UNT student fee will not pay for); anyway, then our UNT powers gently persuades RV what direction we probably really need to go on with this next hire (since our past hires have not taken us to any Top 50 finishes might just be one of their criteria)? NOTE: Of course, Top 25 would be nice but we need to jump this huge hurdle of getting past where we've been for quite a long, long time first.

It would be a win-win for any AD at North Texas to want to share this hire with a new president since the Todd Dodge hire just didn't work. I have no idea how many bad football hires an AD at any FBS level school is allowed? And then how long till our powers start wanting higher echelon hires to start producting (minimum) Top 50 football programs. (Boise sorta' showed us if the can be in Top 25 then surely North Texas will soon be able to be at least a Top 50 fixture?

Or do we keep our goals where they've been most of us Old Gun Alum's adult lives? Young Gunners, on your behalf, you don't want to wake up suddenly being 60 and see your athletic dept. has not in most your lifetimes produced any major varsity sport with any ranking inside the Top 50.

So.......Local Media (all 1 of you) are you really in support of the same ol' 6 & 7 in Denton? What level of the the FBS would you, Denton Local Media, have the most fun reporting on anyway? Your answer would tell us much;)

"I don't care who we hire" - PlummMeanGreen

"do we keep our goals where they've been most of us Old Gun Alum's adult lives? Young Gunners, on your behalf, you don't want to wake up suddenly being 60 and see your athletic dept. has not in most your lifetimes produced any major varsity sport with any ranking inside the Top 50" - PlummMeanGreen

"So.......Local Media (all 1 of you) are you really in support of the same ol' 6 & 7 in Denton? What level of the the FBS would you, Denton Local Media, have the most fun reporting on anyway? Your answer would tell us much" - PlummMeanGreen

You say you don't care who we hire in one sentence, and spend the rest of your post saying the complete opposite. Unfreakin believable! If you read this post by PlummMean Green; you've truly witnessed someone posting from both sides of their mouth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

"do we keep our goals where they've been most of us Old Gun Alum's adult lives? Young Gunners, on your behalf, you don't want to wake up suddenly being 60 and see your athletic dept. has not in most your lifetimes produced any major varsity sport with any ranking inside the Top 50" - PlummMeanGreen

"So.......Local Media (all 1 of you) are you really in support of the same ol' 6 & 7 in Denton? What level of the the FBS would you, Denton Local Media, have the most fun reporting on anyway? Your answer would tell us much" - PlummMeanGreen

You say you don't care who we hire in one sentence, and spend the rest of your post saying the complete opposite. Unfreakin believable! If you read this post by PlummMean Green; you've truly witnessed someone posting from both sides of their mouth.

SAM Coach, it is a given already that I want a proven HFC commodity. Whats the deal here, you don't read all my posts or something? :rolleyes: I did say I will accept who our Prez' recommends (and I will) after Neinas gives him the skinny on all his group has researched for the most important HFC in Mean Green football history, but I think I know who will not be on the short list and if he is............I will support my school decision. Is that OK with you?

So.......Get back with all the other guys in your group, SAM Coach, and tell them they are wasting their time stalking my posts. And then tell said same group of which GMG.com seems an intregal part of their campaign tactics that they really are hurting their cause more than helping. No educated person on our campus (one weird oxymoron there) would concur with such tactics, especially since some of the less than nice PM's several of us have received from your group have been kept in our computer archives just in case some on campus ask to see them.

I defer to President Lane Rawlins with his Big Time school background and will trust his huge influence in this most historic HFC's hire...that's really about all many of us can say about this from now on; at least, most of the time. :rolleyes:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Appears we are at a standoff:

1. Do we want a guy who wants to be here and has put some inspiration in the team, help build a BCS Florida Directional school, NFL experience, brings his NFL lineman buddy because he wants to be a coach one day, appears to be a motivator outside of Fouts Field (even though some feel it is self promotion), had to be a solid recruiter to help build a program from scratch (IMHO, logic tells me that) and appears to be an effective speaker?

2. Do we want a guy who is currently out of a job and would, almost, take anything to get back into coaching if the price is right, has a little baggage (and who does't), has some sort of national name recognition and knows somewhat the state for recruiting? How much alums want to spend for this quanity and how much the University wants to spend are almost polar in some camps.

3. Venables? Does he really create disention with his players? You have 80+ players on a team and can you really expect 100% of the players to like you? Some players already come into a program with an attitude and never change.....some coaches come into a program with an abrasive attitude and never change.

4. Leach? IMHO, NT does not have the money to hire him and IF NT did would he come to Denton?

5. All others.......is it not really a "crap shoot" with no guarantees who will accept the job? Because some had success at one level does not translate into success at another. Plenty of examples for and against.....even in the SBC coaching ranks.

6. Top 25 rankings.....the Tribulation will come before NT is graced with a top 25 ranking in the SBC. Perhaps top 50 with membership in the SBC. Yea, point to BSU....but how long did it take for them to achieve their current status after we bid adeau from the Big West? Just does not happen over night. BSU just like KSU played a lot of give me games every year and now they do not load up on them as much. How long did it take....a decade....a decade and a half? Heck, I will be having a nurse aide feeding me through a straw and changing my dipers when NT reaches top 25. But might as well start again, now.

7. well got to get ready for the bb game tonight and put on my bullet proof vest and try to steal a braut from emmitt.....evidently he has never met PMG.....so I might tell him I am PMG........... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

1. Do we want a guy who wants to be here and has put some inspiration in the team, help build a BCS Florida Directional school, NFL experience, brings his NFL lineman buddy because he wants to be a coach one day, appears to be a motivator outside of Fouts Field (even though some feel it is self promotion), had to be a solid recruiter to help build a program from scratch (IMHO, logic tells me that) and appears to be an effective speaker?

2. Do we want a guy who is currently out of a job and would, almost, take anything to get back into coaching if the price is right, has a little baggage (and who does't), has some sort of national name recognition and knows somewhat the state for recruiting? How much alums want to spend for this quanity and how much the University wants to spend are almost polar in some camps.

3. Venables? Does he really create disention with his players? You have 80+ players on a team and can you really expect 100% of the players to like you? Some players already come into a program with an attitude and never change.....some coaches come into a program with an abrasive attitude and never change.

4. Leach? IMHO, NT does not have the money to hire him and IF NT did would he come to Denton?

5. All others.......is it not really a "crap shoot" with no guarantees who will accept the job? Because some had success at one level does not translate into success at another. Plenty of examples for and against.....even in the SBC coaching ranks.

6. Top 25 rankings.....the Tribulation will come before NT is graced with a top 25 ranking in the SBC. Perhaps top 50 with membership in the SBC. Yea, point to BSU....but how long did it take for them to achieve their current status after we bid adeau from the Big West? Just does not happen over night. BSU just like KSU played a lot of give me games every year and now they do not load up on them as much. How long did it take....a decade....a decade and a half? Heck, I will be having a nurse aide feeding me through a straw and changing my dipers when NT reaches top 25. But might as well start again, now.

7. well got to get ready for the bb game tonight and put on my bullet proof vest and try to steal a braut from emmitt.....evidently he has never met PMG.....so I might tell him I am PMG........... :rolleyes:

6. Top 25 rankings.....the Tribulation will come before NT is graced with a top 25 ranking in the SBC. Perhaps top 50 with membership in the SBC. Yea, point to BSU....but how long did it take for them to achieve their current status after we bid adeau from the Big West? Just does not happen over night. BSU just like KSU played a lot of give me games every year and now they do not load up on them as much. How long did it take....a decade....a decade and a half? Heck, I will be having a nurse aide feeding me through a straw and changing my dipers when NT reaches top 25. But might as well start again, now

If I recall correctly....it happened pretty quick for H. Fry!

Yet..........the Canales supporters never cease to amaze with their rebuttals even versus those coaching at much higher places than UNT.

I can just see it now: Jesus C. would suddenly be on our UNT candidate's list and then the other new group that has inundated this board for the last few weeks say this:

"Well, Jesus could only turn the water iynto wine at that wedding feast, but our guy would turn it into a fully stocked wet bar and............with all drinks for free."

Sorry, that was a bit devlish' :devil: --I retract. :innocent:

YOU SIR HAVE COMPLETELY MISUNDERSTOOD MY POST. IT WAS NOT A REBUTTAL OR REFUTE OF VENABLES, NOR A DEFENSE OF CANALES. MY POINT IS THAT A COORDINATOR FROM A CONSISTENT TOP 10 BCS PROGRAM WOULD BE IN CULTURE SHOCK, EVEN WITH THE NEW STADIUM, BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF THE OTHER COMFORTS THAT HE IS ACCUSTOM TO OR CAN JUST PICK UP THE PHONE, CALL A DONOR, AND GET IT!!! THAT'S ALL. MY OWN OPINION PERIOD. I AM NOT A DISTANT COUSIN OF CANALES, OR HIS WIFE. I HAVE SAID ONLY HELLO TO HIM AT THE COACH' SHOW. SO AIM YOUR RANTS AT SOMEBODY ELSE. BUT I AM SURE MOST POSTERS ARE GLAD YOU CALLED ME OUT, BECAUSE MANY I HAVE TALKED TO WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHERE YOU STAND.

I PM'D YOU MY PHONE NUMBER, SO I AM NOT HIDING!!!!!

Edited by Green Dozer

6. Top 25 rankings.....the Tribulation will come before NT is graced with a top 25 ranking in the SBC. Perhaps top 50 with membership in the SBC. Yea, point to BSU....but how long did it take for them to achieve their current status after we bid adeau from the Big West? Just does not happen over night. BSU just like KSU played a lot of give me games every year and now they do not load up on them as much. How long did it take....a decade....a decade and a half? Heck, I will be having a nurse aide feeding me through a straw and changing my dipers when NT reaches top 25. But might as well start again, now

If I recall correctly....it happened pretty quick for H. Fry!

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sunbelt/north_texas/index.php

That was another time and another set of rules. Now we have the BCS. Do you really think that NT could be top 25 with the same record against the same teams today? I say no....if they all played D1 or still played football as the case for UTA. If four or five years is pretty quick.

I know PMG may elicit a response to this but I really like Coach Fry too and he did a great deal of good for NT and given the same circumstances today....who knows.

Like BSU and TCU North Texas would have to show a great deal of consistancy for a couple of three or four years and beating some highly ranked teams to enjoy the success of coming near top 25 status the way that the BCS is formated and especially since NT is in the SBC which is the lowest ranked conference in D1 FB.

Could NT become a top 25 team? sure they could and so could WKU......Is it possible? Anything is possible but I would be satisfied with a coach who could come in and inspire the players, as RD stated, in '61's post from the NT Daily. Appears that the players are ralling around Coach Canales and his philosophy at this time. I say ride the wave with Coach Canales while the players are positively responding to him and his plan....."Lock the Gate."

Edited by eulesseagle
  • Upvote 1

But Plumm, here's where I have a problem with your opinion of Canales.

You have coaches that have coached at much higher places than UNT versus Mike Canales.

Plumm, MIKE CANALES COACHED AT MUCH HIGHER PLACES THAN UNT.

FOR a long time....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You have coaches that have coached at much higher places than UNT versus Mike Canales.

FOR a long time....

Excellent point.

I would also add, that Coach Canales seems to be very realistic about what needs to be done here. And that is WIN and then PROMOTE, PROMOTE PROMOTE.

Right now he's promoting himself as much (if not more) than the program itself, but he still gets out there and promotes NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL.....and it's getting noticed.

I'm wondering what he could accomplish for North Texas if he's not having to put as much energy into promoting himself for the job.

I haven't seen this much raw confidence and energy in a long time......maybe ever.

• Upvote 4

The upside of all this is that it will still be the very influential opinion of President Lane Rawlins (along with Neina's recommendation) who will make the final decision on all this. Won't it be a relief that it will not be any of us? :lol:

That group including the AD who will sift and filter all the resumes looking at all the "projects who some may still wonder if they can recruit Texas high schools" versus "those former HFC's (like Fry was) who have done it before, ie, those who have done it before at the FBS level with success"; yet our powers will find things in some of those resumes that GMG.com posters are not privvy' too I would also wager. All we see is all the external surface stuff from candidates who may really want our job--our powers will be able to dig much deeper and see other things--good or bad. In fact, I think that is one of the real strengths of which the Neinas Group excells which will help North Texas make a decision.

I still defer to those who are getting paid nicely to hire probably the most important hire in UNT athleic history in light of the higher stakes of this new stadium. I am sure they do not want to have our 6'th (or 7'th?) hire in a row of a coach that will not have more wins than losses when he leaves Denton, either.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

A PM from one of the Sicilian's hit squad has made me change my mind. Sicilian, right?

Go over to the UTA board and try to get him hired there! Just tell the Movin' Mavs people he's been a HFC the last 25 years and this year he's beaten some mighty powerful SBC schools :blink: to get on an alleged candidate list at UNT. Also, tell them to get ready for a no hold barred self promotion that Professor Harold Hill (The Music Man pied piper) would be proud of. Can you handle it?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

FOR a long time....

He doesn't get it. He'll never get it. It's been four hours. The COWS could tape something by now!

While I have moved into the Canales camp lately, I like everyone else, just want a good coach that can take this team to new heights. (that starts with getting us off the ground) Not certain why this process has brought out the worst in so many of us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A PM from one of the Sicilian's hit squad has made me change my mind. Sicilian, right?

Go over to the UTA board and try to get him hired there! Just tell the Movin' Mavs people he's been a HFC the last 25 years and this year he's beaten some mighty powerful SBC schools :blink: to get on an alleged candidate list at UNT. Also, tell them to get ready for a no hold barred self promotion that Professor Harold Hill (The Music Man pied piper) would be proud of. Can you handle it?

"Please Do Hear Me Out: I don't care who we get for our next new HFC at UNT as long as he has the talent and true capabilities to take us up to the next level"

-PlummMeanGreen

"If Rawlins and RV and Neinas all agree its Coach Chico, then those of us who can will bury the hatchet, sing Kum Bah Yah and will fall in line with Coach Chico with our undivided support and that is a promise because.....If he is successful then our MG football program will be, too, and isn't that what this is all about in the first place"

-PlummMeanGreen

Multiple Personality Disorder at it's finest on display for all to see...

Which Plumm will post next? Happy Plumm? Mean Plumm? I don't care Plumm? Sing Kum Bah Yah Plumm? Hit squad Plumm? I support anyone Plumm? I support only a former HC Plumm? Isolate and demonize Plumm? I have so many connections, friends etc... Plumm? I defer all the decision making to Rawilns and Neina's Plumm?

The only thing consistent about PlummMeanGreen is the inconsistency...

Edited by SAM Coach
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Yes to about every statement, except how do we know that another coach with a much longer, more successful resume could not do the same? We should all be pleased at the enthusiasm that Coach Canales has instilled the past three games and I have no problem with him promoting himself. We may assume that he had a part in recruitment but we (or at least I) don't know the extent of his role.

2. A successful (in the past) coach will also put extra effort into the job because he has done that before and not only does he have a record of success but he has a reputation to uphold. We know how much the posters on this board think that the job is worth but I don't know of anyone that knows how much our administration is willing to spend. I would hope that we'll be able to offer a base salary closer to the middle of the pack with salaries competitive with many of the non-AQ universities. It also speaks that North Texas is a serious player when it comes to improving our football program.

3. I'd definitely rather have Canales than Venables so no argument there.

4. Although I'd welcome the problem I totally agree with your assessment of Leach.

5. It's all a "crap shoot" but I think less so when hiring a head coach that's won many times at the FBS level vs. a coordinator, one that has succeeded at a lower level or one that may have had a little success but also a number of failures.

6. Yes, a Top 25 ranking as long as we're in the SBC is out of the question and almost impossible as long as we're in a non-automatic qualifying conference. Scheduling alone will preclude that unless we have several unbeaten years. You are right; I'd like to see us in the Top 50 and maybe that should be our initial goal.

I know that you are not a newby whose only posts have lauded the success and qualifications of Coach Canales. I'm sure that the vast majority are extremely pleased with the turnaround that we've seen from our new head coach and are somewhat secure in the fact that if he is chosen by the AD/prez/consultant that we won't totally panic. I like what he's done on the field, in the locker room and in the community to instill life into this program. There is no knock on Coach Canales. What we don't know is who he is being compared against. Some of the candidates could have contacts for coordinators, assistant coaches, recruiting and/or donors (or following) that we've never been exposed to. Then again, maybe none of the "names" are interested and Chico wins over those with lesser resumes.

In the three choice binary poll recently on the board, 77% said no to awarding the job to Coach Canales at this time. If he beats ULM there will be a few more on his bandwagon. It seems unfair but if he happens to beat K-State he might even get the majority. Even then, he could still be left at the gate by those whose job it is to select the next head football coach.

I just hate to see such a strong rift in the Mean Green Nation over something that we have little control.

• Upvote 1

True. But if that's your prerequisite, then you've cut your candidate list in half, maybe more.

Fran, Leavitt, Kragthorpe.

Pick one?

Do you know for a fact that those are the only candidates with head coaching experience?

However, none of the above may be interviewed and I sure wouldn't pick one without a complete report on the candidate and an interview.

I really wish RV would simply say publicly that Leavitt is out because he has too much legal baggage.

That way PMG would have a better understanding of what has already been said, just not publicly. I don't give two sh%&s what these so called big time donors think, it is not their choice either. There will be an elevator for their needs. Tell them to donate more so they can have their name on a plaque inside of it.

But let me guess. My statement doesn't matter because I don't have thousands of posts and have not been on this forum forever. Seems like anyone that is new here is less than welcomed by the Ole' Guys Alumni as PMG likes to call it. Automatically, it is assumed that if you are new you are somehow only rooting for Canales.

It is a shame that a forum for the fans is constantly barraged by pop shots from one or two people. Harry, maybe it is time to announce that the status quo is not what you intended when you started this place and new opinions might be worth something.

To those who are a little older Alumni and do appreciate a differing opinion here and there, thank you.

(I would have put emoticons throughout my text but I figure why pollute a post with BS!)

PMG - Notice the normal text size? It is ok to be normal. Not everyone wants or needs to read text that is the size of a headline, or is it that you think it makes your opinion grandeur.

• Upvote 2