Brent Venables Resume

MeanGreenDan

Buddy of mine in Norman says the radio blowhards are saying word around OU is that Venables has been offered the UNT head coaching job, and it is his if he wants it.

Anyone else heard anything, or is this typical cocky Sooner talk?

Ya, Holt told me that today as well....caught me off-gaurd.

Edited by mdh0192

I didn't hear the show , but my friend from OU says that they never said UNT offered.

Also says that it's just OU's radio guys looking down on UNT saying that It's his if he wants it , meaning that they don't believe UNT could possibly get anyone better... Just someone's view who is a Sooner

I didn't hear the show , but my friend from OU says that they never said UNT offered.

Also says that it's just OU's radio guys looking down on UNT saying that It's his if he wants it , meaning that they don't believe UNT could possibly get anyone better... Just someone's view who is a Sooner

Thank you for setting the record straight.

This thread probably needs to have its title changed, if not be deleted altogether.

Thank you for setting the record straight.

This thread probably needs to have its title changed, if not be deleted altogether.

Well I didn't hear the show , but I trust my friend. He's been to every OU home game / bowl game in the past 6 years so I gotta take his word for it. Also OU's bye week was the week before Dodge got fired , so I don't see where Venables would even have the time for a face to face interview. Again , I didn't listen to the show ( why on earth would I listen to Sooner talk!!) , but this sounds reasonable.

I'm not saying he is out of the picture in any way , because OU does want to get rid of him and his name has been mentioned before amongst the whispers. I just find it hard to believe that RV has only offered this guy and no one else and is not still interviewing candidates

Edited by NT03

Well I didn't hear the show , but I trust my friend. He's been to every OU home game / bowl game in the past 6 years so I gotta take his word for it. Also OU's bye week was the week before Dodge got fired , so I don't see where Venables would even have the time for a face to face interview. Again , I didn't listen to the show ( why on earth would I listen to Sooner talk!!) , but this sounds resonable.

Much more reasonable. We may have our new HC named by the K-State game, but this would be way early.

Much more reasonable. We may have our new HC named by the K-State game, but this would be way early.

Brent Venables? I hope it's not true; not necessarily because of him (although I'm not thrilled by him). I don't see why we need to have it done by the K-State game. I think it was KingDL1 who said give it till the first week of December, if necessary, to give ourselves the chance of making the best choice. I don't know if there's anything magical about that, but I believe the regular season ends on Dec. 4, making it easier for currently employed coaches to travel for an interview, and also the high school teams are into playoffs by then, allowing for evaluation of prospects under more stressful conditions.

• Upvote 1

Get his agent on the phone and find out if he's interested. The guy is know to be able to recruit. While his BCS bowl record is awful, his regular season record is great and he knows how to game plan against a wide variety of competition. As for salary, a lot of people take a cut to be the boss. I think we will be competitive in salary.

The more people we interview the better our chances of finding the right guy.