Texas Tech (11/16/10)

CMJ

It was a privilege to be there tonight. I still haven't looked at the box score but it felt like Odufuwa had about 20 boards. What a beast on the glass. Josh was clutch as hell, as he usually is when the chips are down. One of the best sporting events I've ever witnesseed in person. When White hit the 3 in OT to put us up 8, that was about as loud as I've ever heard a basketball arena be. Thanks to JJ and company.

Edited by CMJ

It was a privilege to be there tonight. I still haven't looked at the box score but it felt like Odufuwa had about 20 boards. What a beast on the glass. Josh was clutch as hell, as he usually is when the chips are down. One of the best sporting events I've ever witnesseed in person. When White hit the 3 in OT to put us up 8, that was about as loud as I've ever heard at a basketball arena be. Thanks to JJ and company.

I completely agree on that last part about White's second three in OT. That was the loudest I have ever heard the Pit in almost 20 years of watching games there. That was just awesome. It got so loud that it scared my kids!!

Tech board is going ape shit. Not one post I have read has given us any credit, more so all of them losing it because they lost to little ol North Texas. A few have even resorted to talking about how KU is going to hammer us by 40 points to make themselves feel better.

Ass Clowns

Oh man this feels so good. Eat it Tech...

I love how they claim this was hometown officiating. The refs were brought in from the east coast and appalachians - one has primarly worked SEC and Big East (including the SEC championship game last year) and another did CAA and Big South. No info on the 3rd ref.

Great effort! Congrats' to Coach Jones and his Staff, the incredible Mean Green players, including super human Josh White and the GREATEST student work in 20 years of following the Mean Green! Y'all were the 6th man tonight! Let's all back against Rice next Tuesday! Proud of Everyone! Go Mean Green!

I love how they claim this was hometown officiating. The refs were brought in from the east coast and appalachians - one has primarly worked SEC and Big East (including the SEC championship game last year) and another did CAA and Big South. No info on the 3rd ref.

I don't think anyone should sweat Tech fans coming up with excuses about their loss tonight. Its what they do best--lose and make excuses. I have heard it since 1988 when we beat them in Lubbock in football and in 1991 when we beat them in Lubbock in hoops. Ask any Aggie or Longhorn about their interactions with Tech fans. Hell, ask anyone in the Big XII, where they were voted the worst fans in the conference by opposing players last year in a football pre-season poll. They recieved 36% of the vote, while Colorado was second--at 18%. Tech fans were voted as the worst by DOUBLE the next team, which happens to be leaving the conference next year. I am sure that most of that 18% will get thrown to Lubbock, as well, so they easily could have 50% of all votes as being the worst fanbase in the Big XII. But, hey, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone should sweat Tech fans coming up with excuses about their loss tonight. Its what they do best--lose and make excuses. I have heard it since 1988 when we beat them in Lubbock in football and in 1991 when we beat them in Lubbock in hoops. Ask any Aggie or Longhorn about their interactions with Tech fans. Hell, ask anyone in the Big XII, where they were voted the worst fans in the conference by opposing players last year in a football pre-season poll. They recieved 36% of the vote, while Colorado was second--at 18%. Tech fans were voted as the worst by DOUBLE the next team, which happens to be leaving the conference next year. I am sure that most of that 18% will get thrown to Lubbock, as well, so they easily could have 50% of all votes as being the worst fanbase in the Big XII. But, hey, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, and Lubbock just sucks.... I'd be grumpy too.

I sat a few rows up behind the Tech bench...I didn't like Tech alum before and really don't now. They were constantly making fun of UNT academics & athletics all night long - hope they had a nice drive home.

Yeah...because that Mecca in the middle of the dusty sh*thole called Lubbock is home to a world renowned institution of higher learning. When are these Sand Fleas gonna figure out that outside of a larger endowment and Sports Program...they don't have us beat in much of anything?? I thought we already clarified that the acceptance rates/Average SAT was almost the same? If anything....I am embarrassed to be compared to them. The dumbest people at my office all coincidentally happen to be Red Raiders.

• Upvote 1

What a great night for UNT Basketball.

We got there and did a little cooking, a little drinking and some visiting before we went to get our tickets at will call. We were in section 102 pretty close to the floor and most of the people directly around us were Tech fans. They were nice and loud. And the two guys in front of us were constantly talking smack about UNT and the dancers and our players, etc. So it was funny when they made such a quick exit before the overtime period was over.

My girls had an absolute blast the entire time and I'm glad they were there for this win and part of the biggest crowd in NT basketball history (according to our announcer). My oldest daughter really was into the game. We may make a "greenie" out of her yet. Can't wait until the next home game!

The Tech fans sitting around us did NOT see this coming. It was so wonderful watching the realization rapidly arrive on their faces. Outside of Singletary and maybe the big white thug, I saw no one on their roster I'd like for our own.

I'd much rather have Roberson than Singletary. He played terribly tonight.

One of the best atmosphere games in history. Crowd was in it the whole time. Our student section was unreal and they all will be spreading the gospel tomorrow in class. This was so much fun even though my head hurts from yelling and I'll suffer without a voice for a day or two.

And I started the fun already by happily depositing one of the NT vs Tech posters that were handed out tonight with the score written on it into one of my Tech friend neighbors' mail box on the way home. :P

Congrats to the team, Coach Jones and staff on a fantastic win. As I told several folks afterword, what makes this so nice is that we all work with Tech alumni. Tomorrow is going to be so sweet!

From my iphone..

getattachment.aspx_250x186.jpg

ntvstexastech_250x186.jpg

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

News like this makes me wish I lived in the North Texas region so I could have been there on a weeknight. Every one of these is opportunity to show NT is on par with (well, better than, as it turns out in this case) the big conference schools. Our players stepped up and did that. It is joyous! Over Texas Tech it is especially good. The state should cut off their funding, why have a big university out there? Thank you thank you thank you to our excellent players and coach for this satisfaction!

I was there for the OSU game and this surpassed it by 150%....the best atmosphere i have ever seen for a north texas sporting event. i have no voice, and may not have one tomorrow....but it is SOOO worth it...and storming the court was great also!

GO MEAN GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

The only thing that would have made this even more special would for it to have been sold out and a packed house. Great fan support for the team as far as noise and cheering.

Congratulations to JJ and the boys!

Well I am usually one of the first to say the administration does not do enough to promote but this event is a real step in the right direction. I will also point out that I received a noticeable promotion in the mail about the basketball season so it is definitely getting some attention.

Yeah...because that Mecca in the middle of the dusty sh*thole called Lubbock is home to a world renowned institution of higher learning. When are these Sand Fleas gonna figure out that outside of a larger endowment and Sports Program...they don't have us beat in much of anything?? I thought we already clarified that the acceptance rates/Average SAT was almost the same? If anything....I am embarrassed to be compared to them. The dumbest people at my office all coincidentally happen to be Red Raiders.

Yeah, the Big 12 invite and Leach fed the egos of those desert bugs beyond belief. Glad we put them back in their place tonight, and I hope that EVEN MORE, the desolate destination of Lubbock will be considered the school of last resort for students in this state who reside in and around the area east of I-35.

Not sure why the PA guy said it was the largest crowd in history. I need to find the list again, but I think it hit the #6 spot. An absolutely amazing atmosphere. I've seen many college games, including a few at storied Pauley Pavilion(granted not against a top 25 opponent) and none of them had anything on the SuperPit last night. Awesome stuff.

Edited by CMJ