Victory!

but this is something that dodge couldn't do.

he beat winless/one win wku teams...i think....i'm just going on their history.

canales is a damn big improvement. don't give it too him yet, but i don't see why we wouldn't in the future.

Again, I am not saying he isn't the future, but I do want us not to anoint him as the guy until we see what else we might could get. I think you could have put DeLoach as the leader of the team and made Canalas the true OC (he wasn't under TD) these last 3 games and had much of the same success - then we all would be talking about making him the coach. New leader, new attitude.

Again, I am not saying he isn't the future, but I do want us not to anoint him as the guy until we see what else we might could get. I think you could have put DeLoach as the leader of the team and made Canalas the true OC (he wasn't under TD) these last 3 games and had much of the same success - then we all would be talking about making him the coach. New leader, new attitude.

totally true and nothing wrong with that assumption. the key is that dodge is no longer here and the coaches can control what they are supposed to control.

Canales matches Dodges' season high win total in three games. We will also not have a losing record in the road for the first time since 2004! A win next week, and we'll have our first winning road record since 2003.

This team is different and better with Mike Canales as head coach, even with all of the injuries. At this point, you would be willfully blind to deny it. He's got this team not just believing in themselves, but performing. If he leads us to a win next week in Monroe, hire him.

Congratulations Guys! That was Great!

Compliments: This team, even with its depleted strength, is quite amazing. Fortenberry is playing great center, it was funny when the announcers said he's our 3rd string center as if to say "Poor UNT"; Riley could have easily given up on this program, but he didn't (we're lucky to have him); Kelvin Drake is out and Feeley steps in and delivers some key springing blocks; Dunbar's running better than he has all season and the Defense has learned how to bend and not break and is winning the turnover war.

Critique: I gotta say the 3rd quarter play calling looked a lot like the first part of the season. There was very little creativity in the offense today. Coach C has implemented more TE activity, which is great, but we still need to mix it up a little more. There's no reason we can't go under center and run a PLAY ACTION PASS or a slant to the TE once in awhile; what happened to the shovel pass and screen and the reverse worked pretty well when we ran it. This stuff would loosen Dunbar up that much more. Also, why call a time-out to run up the middle; why change the TE chip block on their best D-lineman in the second half; that guy caused all of our 3 and outs or it seemed like it.

I'm a Canales fan; just want to see him be a little more creative. That would remove any hesitation I have about him being the new HC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Make the change earlier, and we beat Rice and FIU and possibly Ark St., thus bowl eligible today. I feel like I've never actually seen a college football game except what I've watched on channelsurfing over the past three weeks.

ark st. and rice, maybe...fiu, not a chance. they rolled us and nobody could have turned that game to a w.

i like the attitude he brings...he's a motivator, unlike dodge or dickey who were both pretty reserved. the true test for a coach like him is when things are bad, then how will the team react. i'm not gonna lie after the first half and really the first quarter the play calling was very dodge like and they beat us in the second half. also, pretty sloppy game as far as penalties and fumbles are concerned and our secondary is horrible, but i don't blame coaches for penalties, those are based on how smart your team is..and ours isn't very smart (see akpunku).

a win is awesome though. i think we can beat ulm to finish up 4 - 8. i'm not sure if i would give him the job, but he's definitely my leader going into the clubhouse.

Make the change earlier, and we beat Rice and FIU and possibly Ark St., thus bowl eligible today. I feel like I've never actually seen a college football game except what I've watched on channelsurfing over the past three weeks.

I don't know about FIU, but I think we could have beaten ULL.