Victory!

Canales matches Dodges' season high win total in three games. We will also not have a losing record in the road for the first time since 2004! A win next week, and we'll have our first winning road record since 2003.

This team is different and better with Mike Canales as head coach, even with all of the injuries. At this point, you would be willfully blind to deny it. He's got this team not just believing in themselves, but performing. If he leads us to a win next week in Monroe, hire him.

• Upvote 1

Just heard coach Chico's postgame with Jub. I gotta say I am fired up. The guy can obviously coach and is no stranger to the College game. That has been very apparent since TD was let go. Love the guy's attitude and passion. You could really sense that he was enjoying his work. The kids are buying. We should go ahead and take the interim tag off of him. There I said it. Lock the gate.

• Upvote 4

Just heard coach Chico's postgame with Jub. I gotta say I am fired up. The guy can obviously coach and is no stranger to the College game. That has been very apparent since TD was let go. Love the guy's attitude and passion. You could really sense that he was enjoying his work. The kids are buying. We should go ahead and take the interim tag off of him. There I said it. Lock the gate.

Hayden's rolling over in his retirement home. Where were you in 1973? Huh? HUH?!? How much have you given to this program?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If he beats Monroe, take the interim take off. If not, put him in the mix with the rest of them.

• Upvote 4

This year's improvement is apparent in the Numbers:

Turn Over Ratios 2007 to present:

2007: -11

2008: -17

2009: -14

2010: -1

This Year under the Coaches:

Dodge: -6

Canales: +5

Yes, it's a little unfair to judge Dodge this season like that. Dodge's competition has been a little stiffer, but the good thing about this season is K State is still in front of us, so we get to see the Canales game plan against them.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it's a little unfair to judge Dodge this season like that. Dodge's competition has been a little stiffer, but the good thing about this season is K State is still in front of us, so we get to see the Canales game plan against them.

Make the change earlier, and we beat Rice and FIU and possibly Ark St., thus bowl eligible today. I feel like I've never actually seen a college football game except what I've watched on channelsurfing over the past three weeks.

Edited by oldguystudent

I am amazed with how the team has played for Chico, the players have not changed but the attitude and winning has, coach chico has to be rewarded for this, not only do i think that we will go out and beat monroe next week but i think that chico would be able to go out on the recruiting trail and show that he can win games at this level but also his pure love of UNT is very evident, at this point would love to see him get the chance to run our program and take it to great heights....all the "big name" coaches got started at sometime, why cant coach chico get his start as the next big name coach...some talk about levitt making usf relevant and i see chico being able to do the same thing here...th main i see is that the players love playing for him and he is getting more talent out of the players

If we just take the interim tag off of him based on the last few games without actually searching for a coach then we have not learned a thing as a school, an administration, and a fan base. Listen, I like what I have seen from Chico and I do notice the changes, but let's tap the brakes a bit. All Coach C has done is thrown his name in the hat and made it hard to ignore him.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

If he beats Monroe, take the interim take off. If not, put him in the mix with the rest of them.

Almost. I want to see how he does against K-State. Not saying that he must beat the Wildcats, but have the team look like they 'belong' in the game. We already had a guy that could kick Sun Belt ass and no one else.

If we just take the interim tag off of him based on the last few games without actually searching for a coach then we have not learned a thing as a school, an administration, and a fan base. Listen, I like what I have seen from Chico and I do notice the changes, but let's tap the brakes a bit. All Coach C has done is thrown his name in the hat and made it hard to ignore him.

DItto!

Agree. I am not saying Canalas isn't the guy for the job, but we need to see what else is out there. So far he has beaten WKU at 2-7(?) and a 3-6 Muts team.

This is also the 3rd year of DeLoach being here. In Deloach's tenure here before, the 3rd year is when the defense had the biggest improvement. Within the next 2 years Deloach had this defense in the top 10 in scoring. I'm not saying if he stays, we'd have that same kind of improvement over the next couple of years, but I do think it's plenty of time to get his players in place and playing the Deloach system.

Agree. I am not saying Canalas isn't the guy for the job, but we need to see what else is out there. So far he has beaten WKU at 2-7(?) and a 3-6 Muts team.

but this is something that dodge couldn't do.

he beat winless/one win wku teams...i think....i'm just going on their history.

canales is a damn big improvement. don't give it too him yet, but i don't see why we wouldn't in the future.