Inside Scoop

Rock

Okay, for those of you who have been on this forum for many years, back into the mid 90's and more,

you should know that I dont write much and dont write simply to get my name up n the board.

Over the years I have helped, watched, listened and read the multiple formats we have used through the years,

and the latest threads covering coaching could use some intel.

I spoke with a rep. from the University that will remain anonymous. You simply need to know that the

person speaks from years of involvement within the University system.

Following the forum I felt that I knew a great deal of what was happening and have found that I really didnt

know as much as previously thought. that being said, it looks like there is a definite candidate or two in

mind and one that will come with name recognition. Im not going to give out more, just want to make a statement

here. We have a great deal going for us at this point. Think about it.

We have an interim coach who is doing very well and has our kids on the right track. You have to appreciate his

effort and affect on this team. I was somewhat taken back by some of the info. I received coming in from the

players and others over the coaching staff over the course of this season. I can understand keeping info. close

to one's own however. Regardless, we are looking at a great deal of potential.

We also have a wonderful stadium, a growing community and dare I say

a growing fan base. With wins, it will grow more of course, as any school would.

So, lets not bash what has happened and look towards what we Can do. I think we will be happy in the

end and see results. I see it happening already.

Take care and keep the faith.

Hopefully I will catch some of you soon. I tend to travel a great deal so hard to make it to games,

but will definitely be at some basketball this season.

• Upvote 5

i think alot of us knew this was going to be a tuff year... i personally was caught up in the hype surrounding todd dodge and the spread offense 3 years ago, but thank god hes gone, he was never the right guy to turn it around, and now we can now look forward to a new coach, new stadium, and new players...

3 weeks from now we will say goodbye to fouts and ALL the memories we made there... its time to go in a new direction as a program. whatever happens in the future i know we are in good hands now... the only we can go is up, so i sit waiting patiently for the monster known as UNT to wake up cuz i know eventually it will. i wont be a bandwagon fan when we beat a top 25 team... ill be expecting it

but while your waiting for a new coach we have a pretty damn good basketball team to watch

...the latest threads covering coaching could use some intel.

I spoke with a rep. from the University that will remain anonymous. You simply need to know that the

Following the forum I felt that I knew a great deal of what was happening and have found that I really didnt

know as much as previously thought. that being said, it looks like there is a definite candidate or two in

mind and one that will come with name recognition. Im not going to give out more, just want to make a statement

here...

This is the most ambiguous scoop I've ever seen. There is actually no scoop here at all. :huh:

• Upvote 2

Okay, for those of you who have been on this forum for many years, back into the mid 90's and more,

you should know that I dont write much and dont write simply to get my name up n the board.

Over the years I have helped, watched, listened and read the multiple formats we have used through the years,

and the latest threads covering coaching could use some intel.

here. We have a great deal going for us at this point. Think about it.

We have an interim coach who is doing very well and has our kids on the right track. You have to appreciate his

effort and affect on this team. I was somewhat taken back by some of the info. I received coming in from the

players and others over the coaching staff over the course of this season. I can understand keeping info. close

to one's own however. Regardless, we are looking at a great deal of potential.

We also have a wonderful stadium, a growing community and dare I say

a growing fan base. With wins, it will grow more of course, as any school would.

So, lets not bash what has happened and look towards what we Can do. I think we will be happy in the

Hopefully I will catch some of you soon. I tend to travel a great deal so hard to make it to games,

is this in code? cut to the chase, who is on the list?

• Upvote 1

Code cracked.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Fair enough ... here is more.

Note, that the person who told me this also confirmed that Dodge would be our coach before it was released to the pubic.

Two things particularly got my attention.

1. the situation of the team, practice, environment, players complaints, etc. - of which look to have been resolved.

No need to go into this more.

2. The #1 person that I have heard as a potential new coach ... I have not seen his name mentioned in the latest

threads along with Leach, etc. That is all I am going to say.

go ahead and knock the thread ... doesn't bother me. Hopefully it sheds some light to let others know that

good times are coming ... at least we have the opportunity and that is more than we have had in a while.

PS - I wouldn't bet the farm on Wade Philips ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fair enough ... here is more.

Note, that the person who told me this also confirmed that Dodge would be our coach before it was released to the pubic.

Two things particularly got my attention.

1. the situation of the team, practice, environment, players complaints, etc. - of which look to have been resolved.

2. The #1 person that I have heard as a potential new coach ... I have not seen his name mentioned in the latest

threads along with Leach, etc. That is all I am going to say.

go ahead and knock the thread ... doesn't bother me. Hopefully it sheds some light to let others know that

good times are coming ... at least we have the opportunity and that is more than we have had in a while.

PS - I wouldn't bet the farm on Wade Philips ...

If you do actually have some 'inside scoop' what's the harm in mentioning the potential cadidate if we've all over looked him? I understand not revealing your source of information but I don't see why you would hide the name the way you do.

If you have solid info, congrats I guess. But I remember playing games in elementary school of 'I've got a secret and I'm not telling you.'

And if you have no real info, job well done sir. You've got me by my gonads.

You know... right after firing Dodge, Rick V. mentioned something about Coach Canales correcting some situations that needed correcting. I thought that was a very odd statement at the time. Maybe that was in regards to what you're talking about?

You know... right after firing Dodge, Rick V. mentioned something about Coach Canales correcting some situations that needed correcting. I thought that was a very odd statement at the time. Maybe that was in regards to what you're talking about?

Damnit... We JUST REPLACED that Plasma TV. :angry:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Okay ... last post for a while but eppy4life really made me laugh to myself. And he didnt respond with some crap

statement like some others who obviously have nothing else to do but find it easier to complain and make fun than

talk about the matter at hand. Sorry for any inconvenience, but dont want others to be affected.

That being said, it is somebody currently on the Florida State coaching staff. I hear there have been

discussions, yet it is not a "done deal" ... something that is being discussed seriously.

I promise to add more after I get some more insight and verify things.

Take care.

• Upvote 1

That being said, it is somebody currently on the Florida State coaching staff. I hear there have been

discussions, yet it is not a "done deal" ... something that is being discussed seriously.

Mark Stoops? Don't know much about rest of staff but his name stood out when I looked at the coaching list.

http://www.floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1061&CID=89667

If you do actually have some 'inside scoop' what's the harm in mentioning the potential cadidate if we've all over looked him? I understand not revealing your source of information but I don't see why you would hide the name the way you do.

If you have solid info, congrats I guess. But I remember playing games in elementary school of 'I've got a secret and I'm not telling you.'

And if you have no real info, job well done sir. You've got me by my gonads.

I saw Mean Joe at the game. It's probably him.

• Upvote 1

Okay ... last post for a while but eppy4life really made me laugh to myself. And he didnt respond with some crap

statement like some others who obviously have nothing else to do but find it easier to complain and make fun than

talk about the matter at hand. Sorry for any inconvenience, but dont want others to be affected.

I promise to add more after I get some more insight and verify things.

Take care.

Then I invite you to the GMG VIP Lounge where you can tell all, in complete privacy. :shifty:

I don't have a clue if Rock's post is bull or not, but remember Chuck Neinas recommending Jimbo Fisher (current FSU HC) for a position not long ago? Now, Chuck might be recommending his buddy's buddy; Mark Stoops. At least we recognize the last name? No real "OOOH" or "AHHHH"; however, he does appear to be a real college coach. Baby steps, I suppose.

Edited by EagleGreen