Twu Beats Unt

NCMeanGreen

TWO FRICKIN' YEARS in a row we have lost to TWU! Amazing! Shanice Stephens has done NOTHING for this team...like TD she has been here too long/ Time for her to go!

But hey, after this season we got her for another TWO YEARS because when she was hired she was "WORTH HER SALT!!!!!!!!!!".

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

C'mon guys, give her a break. Read Shanice's Bio. If you search really hard maybe you'll find a couple of her accomplishments over the past two years. I'm sure by year five we will be able to reflect on the good things she's done. Heck, by then maybe we'll beat TWU or Mary-Hardin Baylor in an exhibition game.

:angry:

Sad result. But, look at the bright side...one part of town was holding a victory party, and it probably made TWU's year! UGH...once is bad, twice is TERRIBLE! I was hopeful when Coach Stephens was hired that UNT would turn around the women's program after it pretty much going down the last few years before Coach Stephens was hired. Coach Slinker seemed to have pretty much checked out! But, man...be careful what you ask for it seems at UNT.

Hopefully, this is a wake-up call or RV should start the search (privately of course) now for the next head women's coach. This is amazing. Yes, it's an exhibition game...but so were those "pre-season Cowboys games that everyone said not to worry about as it was not a real indication of how the team would do in the "regular" season...yea, right!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a big wake-up call for the ladies and that we'll see some definite progress in the win column this season...well, one can hope, right?

Sad result. But, look at the bright side...one part of town was holding a victory party, and it probably made TWU's year! UGH...once is bad, twice is TERRIBLE! I was hopeful when Coach Stephens was hired that UNT would turn around the women's program after it pretty much going down the last few years before Coach Stephens was hired. Coach Slinker seemed to have pretty much checked out! But, man...be careful what you ask for it seems at UNT.

Hopefully, this is a wake-up call or RV should start the search (privately of course) now for the next head women's coach. This is amazing. Yes, it's an exhibition game...but so were those "pre-season Cowboys games that everyone said not to worry about as it was not a real indication of how the team would do in the "regular" season...yea, right!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a big wake-up call for the ladies and that we'll see some definite progress in the win column this season...well, one can hope, right?

I highly doubt RV is going to buy out a WBB contract. I think NT is stuck with SS for at least two more years and probably 3 no matter what her record is. IMO they are trying to boost the program by upgrading the assistants just as they did with Trilli, which obviously did not work. It is way to early this year to throw in the towel, but they couldn't have got off to a worst start.