Anyone watching?

IronMan4

Watching off and on. I'm not on pins and needles like I was in 1991. Granted I was younger then, but this doesn't seem quite as ominous as the Gulf War did.

Maybe it's because we hadn't flexed our military might in awhile, and now we have several times recently. We now know what to expect.

I've been watching since about an hour before the deadline.

Im not a military genius, but here are my thoughts:

We had to take the shot at Saddam tonight. He made the mistake of being "visibile". We may not get this shot again, until we actually take Baghdad. I actually think we may have gotten him. From what I can tell, the intel on Saddam's location was extremely fresh and accurate. We already have ground forces in Iraq, aka the Speical Forces. I think either they or the CIA was observing that particular location at just the right time, and they relayed that info to the proper channels. We launched 40+ Tomahawk cruise missles, which are laser guided. I am thinking that somone was "painting" the target. In other words, someone was pointing the laser at Saddam's location, ie car, building, or Sodamn Insane himself.

After the attacks, there was a flurry of info to the media about the attacks. They even released the info that Saddam was the target. However, they are not saying if the mission was successful, yet. They are probably trying to figure out if they got Saddam, or one of his body doubles. As for the speech to the Iraqi people, The person speaking was wearing a seemingly normal military uniform, not that of a general, nor a dictator. He was wearing glasses and reading from a notepad, which Saddam doesn't do.

So I think we may very well have taken him out in the first attack. Even if we didn't, WE WILL WIN!!

That is what they are thinking now EagleChick. He may have pre-recorded several messages in case he was injured or killed to buy time for his remaining regime. It would also explain the notebook as he was flipping through, reading the scripts from the different scenarios.