Spotted In Golden Triangle Mall @ Finishline

MDH

I'm not one to complain much about the lack of UNT merch sold in Dallas, but seeing this in Denton is entirely different.

Yesterday I was strolling through Golden Triangle Mall in Denton (I've yet to understand why I was there) and saw this in the window of the Finishline. SMU and TCU hoodies on display, right there in the front window. Do they have UNT hoodies? Yes, they do. This is 100x worse than seeing UT and OU hoodies on display in Denton. SMU??? TCU???

I went in to see a manager about it but one wasn't on duty at the time. Anyone want to take a field trip to give them some grief?

smutcu.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest MeanGreenHomer

I would be down to storm the store and demand they take some pride in the university that is two minutes away from the store. Just because the football team has not had many wins, does not mean the rest of the athletics programs aren't doing great. Its almost basketball season!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As a consumer, the only thing I can say about this is the following: there is a plethora of UNT gear available (cheaper, too, I would think) at Target, Wal-Mart, even CVS and Walgreens. Conversely, I don't know that I've seen SMU and TCU gear in any of those stores. Perhaps they're trying to offer variety? I do think it would be a good idea to put a UNT shirt and maybe a TWU shirt into the display window. But, just tossing that idea out there.

Edited by ArmyOfMom
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Couldn't find an email address for that particular store, but they did list the address and phone number on their site.

Golden Triangle Mall

2201 I-35 E South

Denton, TX 76205

940-566-5606

Call or write them, demanding that they support UNT equally in their store displays or you will quit shopping there. Be sure to copy the home office, attention the President and CEO.

Edit- Here's the general email link found on their website.

My link

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As a consumer, the only thing I can say about this is the following: there is a plethora of UNT gear available (cheaper, too, I would think) at Target, Wal-Mart, even CVS and Walgreens. Conversely, I don't know that I've seen SMU and TCU gear in any of those stores. Perhaps they're trying to offer variety? I do think it would be a good idea to put a UNT shirt and maybe a TWU shirt into the display window. But, just tossing that idea out there.

Also, quite a buttload of pretty snazzy UNT gear at JC Penny's in Golden Triangle (near the men's section; for both males and females).

Hibbit Sports in the Golden Triangle Mall sells UNT stuff and has a decent selection. They spread it out pretty even amongst UNT and the other schools. Unfortunately, it comes down to a business decision. However, I would not get to upset as Golden Triangle mall is not a destination of people who would be looking for UNT merchandise. Most of the stores sell the gangsta style clothing and that is who they are targeting. I would say most of the students at UNT shop the vintage clothing stores here or head to Lewisville, Grapevine, or North Dallas.

I have to go to wal-mart later anyway, so I think I'll stop by Finishline on the way. It is rediculous to put smu and tcu up front in Denton.

Again, it is a demand thing and business's have a right to a profit. I have looked at selling some UNT cups in my shop, but it is cost prohibitive and am not going to put inventory on a shelf to just have it sit there. It could also be the difference in their cost for a SMU/TCU hoodie vs NT hoodie. Walgreen's carries shirts and stuff, but it does not fly off the shelves there either. Be sure to talk to Wal Mart about their OU and Texas stuff while your there. You know we ought to more concerned why you can't buy a UNT shirt or cap on the Denton Square. Again, the gangsta bros don't buy our stuff, won't buy it, and that is what this mall caters to. Be sure you have your mace with you when walking through there!

• Upvote 1

Again, it is a demand thing

Not attacking you, but do you actually think there's more demand for SMU gear than UNT in Denton? When sweatshirts at the UNT bookstore are over $40 each usually, and the ones at finishline are 2 for $40, I can think of a lot of students who would buy in on that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seems a constant theme over the years and who knows the answer on how to really solve this problem? Do those who can solve this problem or make some kind of dent into it even see this as a problem at all?

On another note: When change is immenent and/or with a new stadium on the horizon, most sports teams start re-doing the brandings on their sports gear as to create a whole new generation of buyers and repeat buyers for those who buy every time there are cosmetic changes in sports gear; also, to quickly retire the brandings now in use that may represent "not so successful times" as far as wins/losses, too. I hope this new look branding for Mean Green football--2011 version has already begun because if it hasn't--it may be too late to make an impression in the North Texas Metroplex.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Any fan of NT should absolutely REFUSE to EVER shop at that sh*t hole!!! F them...

That is totally ridiculous. I mean, jumping on the TCU bandwagon is one thing...but in another town where another Div I-A program happens to reside??? Seriously???

F them...

If our crap sold... They'd sell it. Other than what you find in the Bookstore/Voertmans, North Texas merchandise is low quality garbage.

If they sold more of our stuff...then we would win more games! It is THEIR fault we are not winning!!! :angry:

(No, I really do not believe that...just looking for a scape goat...)

If our crap sold... They'd sell it. Other than what you find in the Bookstore/Voertmans, North Texas merchandise is low quality garbage.

Point here...other than the "crap" part...is, if you want UNT gear to be sold and displayed...BUY IT! It's a business decision in most cases, sure some store managers are just clueless, but if you ask for it, they will sell it. Lots of great UNT gear being sold in the Tailgate area before home games and at the bookstore and Voertman's. Why not buy from those who do support UNT...such as those mentioned here and at the other merchants mentioned? The more we buy, the more we wear, the more we ask for Mean green gear the more will start showing up.

Would you say I have a Plethora? Do you know what a plethora is? I would hate for someone to tell somebody that they have a plethora, only to find out that that person has no idea what a plethora is.

• Downvote 3