Thoughts To Share

Ibleedgreen

It's been a really crazy week and I've not had a chance to post my thoughts until now. First and foremost, I want to thank Coach Dodge and his family for their dedication to our program. Our prospects for the year looked exciting after the Clemson game, and I really think he could have turned it around if our starters hadn't begun dropping like flies. There is no coach anywhere who could have turned us into a winning football program with the personnel we had left after losing 15 players. At UT or OU, possibly, because of their depth, but not at UNT. I admire Riley for the way he finished our third game, playing with a broken wrist until the buzzer sounded, and I sincerely hope he finishes his career with us, even though I wouldn't blame him if he left. Finally, I want to chastise the posters on this board who have been calling for Coach Dodge's head since last spring. He is a class act, and the program is better off (in terms of character building) than before he came. (Remember?) And in the final analysis, that is what really matters...building young men of character.

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 19

Finally, I want to chastise the posters on this board who have been calling for Coach Dodge's head since last spring. He is a class act, and the program is better off (in terms of character building) than before he came. (Remember?) And in the final analysis, that is what really matters...building young men of character.

he was fired for one reason and one reason only. 6-37. nobody was accusing him of being unfriendly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's been a really crazy week and I've not had a chance to post my thoughts until now. First and foremost, I want to thank Coach Dodge and his family for their dedication to our program. Our prospects for the year looked exciting after the Clemson game, and I really think he could have turned it around if our starters hadn't begun dropping like flies. There is no coach anywhere who could have turned us into a winning football program with the personnel we had left after losing 15 players. At UT or OU, possibly, because of their depth, but not at UNT. I admire Riley for the way he finished our third game, playing with a broken wrist until the buzzer sounded, and I sincerely hope he finishes his career with us, even though I wouldn't blame him if he left. Finally, I want to chastise the posters on this board who have been calling for Coach Dodge's head since last spring. He is a class act, and the program is better off (in terms of character building) than before he came. (Remember?) And in the final analysis, that is what really matters...building young men of character.

Sounds similar to some comments during a local radio show this afternoon.

Good post, although winning is what keeps coaches around. For various reasons, some TD had control over and some he didn't, he just couldn't get us on the winning track, and in the end that is what led to his firing.

Stop kissing the ass of a dead horse

You could learn a thing or two about character from Dodge.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Finally, I want to chastise the posters on this board who have been calling for Coach Dodge's head since last spring.

I think after you finish with the dead horse, you can guess whose else's ass you can kiss!

I haven't been calling for dodge's head since last spring...it has been since 2008.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

There have been approx 5,700 1A college football coaches since 1881, and only 11 had a worse 4 year start than Todd Dodge (6-37)

Boom, roasted.

You know who's a nice person? My grandmother. Classy lady, too. Probably wouldn't have even effed over Miller or Insall. She's as friendly a person as you'd ever want to meet, too.... and I bet she could even pull off being a miserable pathetic failure as a college football coach.... but... CLASSY.

tumblr_kwkzruTFs71qzext3o1_500.png

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Yes, I agree completely. Building character is 100% of what college football should be about. But we all know that winning is also required if a coach is to have that opportunity. I really, really wish Coach Dodge could have been the one to stay for 20 years. I still think he could have won had we not had so much bad luck this year (I'm really not trying to get that thread started again!). But, it was not meant to be. My two cents are: If we win but have an "outlaw" program, we have really lost and failed those young men. Here is to the thought that hopefully we can find a coach/staff that can do both.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Jub Jub for your comments and letting us all know your position on the Dodge. Didn't you say this exact same stuff on your show the other day? Did you feel saying it live on radio to millions of listeners just wasn't enough? :rolleyes:

Yeah, we should all feel sorry for Todd Dodge & the cool crisp million he just siphoned away from NT. <_<

IFinally, I want to chastise the posters on this board who have been calling for Coach Dodge's head since last spring. He is a class act, and the program is better off (in terms of character building) than before he came.

Yeah -- we're horrible people for wanting the losingest coach in UNT history to be replaced.

If all you care about is character building, instead of wins and losses, let's hire Mister Peppermint to coach the team.

• Upvote 2