Got To Hand It To Humpty Dumpty Wade Phillips

You people are out of your minds. Fire Wade Phillips?

1) He hasn't even had a full four years in the job. You have to give a man the chance to really put his program in place and stock the roster with his own players before you really judge him as a coach.

2) He took over a program in shambles. The team hadn't won a playoff game all decade! The cupboard doesn't get any more bare than a decade worth of futility, people. Frankly, Cowboys fans should be smooching Wade's pudgy little beanbag for finally showing them how to win when it matters- the postseason. A coach with his history of success at prior stops deserves respect and the benefit of the doubt.

3) All four losses this year have come by a touchdown or less. This Cowboys team is just four plays away from an undefeated record!

4) The new stadium got built under his watch. I'm not saying Wade deserves ALL the credit, but it certainly didn't get built before he got here. And not for lack of trying, either.

5) I see record breaking attendance and fantastic tailgating every time I take in a Cowboys game. Wade is still drawing fans out to see the game, because TRUE Cowboys fans know that Wade Phillips has what it takes to lead this team to fantastic success.

6) His contract runs through next season, so the Cowboys may as well give him the chance to prove just how great all true fans know he can and will do here. I'm not sure how realistic some of you people are being discussing a termination when the Cowboys are in such dire salary cap circumstances. Money doesn't grow on trees, and a buyout is no insignificant thing to factor in to any decision like this.

Frankly, I think anyone who wants to see Wade Phillips fired is an impatient bastard and a pathetic excuse for a "fan" (in capital quotation marks, if that sort of thing is really a thing). If you're calling for Wade Phillips to be fired, you don't ever deserve to see a winning team and I hope you die of smallpox.

I'm exhausted. I'm going to sleep and I'll catch up on the weekend shenanigans sometime this afternoon. Looks like you've all been very busy talking... Anything interesting happen?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You people are out of your minds. Fire Wade Phillips?

1) He hasn't even had a full four years in the job. You have to give a man the chance to really put his program in place and stock the roster with his own players before you really judge him as a coach.

2) He took over a program in shambles. The team hadn't won a playoff game all decade! The cupboard doesn't get any more bare than a decade worth of futility, people. Frankly, Cowboys fans should be smooching Wade's pudgy little beanbag for finally showing them how to win when it matters- the postseason. A coach with his history of success at prior stops deserves respect and the benefit of the doubt.

3) All four losses this year have come by a touchdown or less. This Cowboys team is just four plays away from an undefeated record!

4) The new stadium got built under his watch. I'm not saying Wade deserves ALL the credit, but it certainly didn't get built before he got here. And not for lack of trying, either.

5) I see record breaking attendance and fantastic tailgating every time I take in a Cowboys game. Wade is still drawing fans out to see the game, because TRUE Cowboys fans know that Wade Phillips has what it takes to lead this team to fantastic success.

6) His contract runs through next season, so the Cowboys may as well give him the chance to prove just how great all true fans know he can and will do here. I'm not sure how realistic some of you people are being discussing a termination when the Cowboys are in such dire salary cap circumstances. Money doesn't grow on trees, and a buyout is no insignificant thing to factor in to any decision like this.

Frankly, I think anyone who wants to see Wade Phillips fired is an impatient bastard and a pathetic excuse for a "fan" (in capital quotation marks, if that sort of thing is really a thing). If you're calling for Wade Phillips to be fired, you don't ever deserve to see a winning team and I hope you die of smallpox.

I'm exhausted. I'm going to sleep and I'll catch up on the weekend shenanigans sometime this afternoon. Looks like you've all been very busy talking... Anything interesting happen?

Ya, but his offenses are penalty prone.

He has great running backs, but never seems to be able to hand the ball off to them.

Numerous personal fouls and excessive celebration penalties.

A defense, though improved, still can't force any turnovers.

Terrible clock management.

...........................who were we talking about again?

• Upvote 1

Ya, but his offenses are penalty prone.

He has great running backs, but never seems to be able to hand the ball off to them.

Numerous personal fouls and excessive celebration penalties.

A defense, though improved, still can't force any turnovers.

Terrible clock management.

...........................who were we talking about again?

Thanks for bludgeoning everyone over the head with this.

• Upvote 1

Maybe the Cowboys just aren't that good. They are a pro bowl team on paper but it doesn't mean anything until you do it on the field. It is time for Jerry to make a decision on how he wants to run this team. I think the day Stephen takes over is when I think the Cowboys will have better direction. Stephen doesn't seem to be like his dad.

Edited by Green Mean

Would you rather have yet another recap of my Friday and Saturday at the Ballpark?

Have I mentioned that Wade coached teams and Dodge coached teams are very similiar?

Yes, I really would. Are you going this weekend at all?

I leave the football thread to get away from the same old...same old....."fire Dodge...hire this guy stuff" over and over and over again, and what do i get on this thread...a fire Wade Philips thread. Talk about yelling at clouds!

:lol::o

Yes, I really would. Are you going this weekend at all?

No, and I missed out on the World Series lottery on Sunday morning. If we get to the series, I might check out StubHub.

I'm hoping the Rangers continue their road winning ways and there won't be any ALCS games this weekend.