Rangers Dump Josh Lewin

I too was shocked when I saw. I personally liked Josh a lot since he was a baseball nerd but I didn't mind his homer calls and the fact that he and his family lives in the community and are actively involved in it. As for Dave Barnett he is perfect for radio. I think he has a great voice but it is better for radio and I think the Nadel/Barnett team is great. I am curious who they are going to replace him with....I really hope that he is an energy guy like Lewin and who caters to the masses and is in tune with pop culture to an extent....I have seen a lot of other tv broadcasts and they are absolutely terrible and boring as hell.

I wonder if Green Guy Bass is a candidate :ph34r:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I always sensed that Grieve merely tolerated Lewin's presence and was annoyed by the pop culture references that he didn't get.

Personality conflict?

Grieve is just an irritable guy. Some nights he's joking around and happy, and other nights he's silent or doing the bare minimum. Have we already forgotten his "I don't give a shit!" comment from last year? :lol:

I always sensed that Grieve merely tolerated Lewin's presence and was annoyed by the pop culture references that he didn't get.

Personality conflict?

I think you hit the nail on the head. There was underlying tension between Lewin and Grieve all year.... I actually liked both of them in their roles as Rangers announcers, but at the end of the day if there was friction between the two of them "Mr. Ranger" Grieve wasn't going anywhere!