Attendance

Lurker

I think 11k is very generous, I think it was more like 9500.

I always used to estimate high then somehow the official numbers started to surpass me. I have not changed how I look at the grandstands when estimating.

• Upvote 1

There seemed to be way more people yesterday than there was a week ago, but attendance was less? Something doesn't add up.

The Two concrete grandstands are 10,000 each packed not a spot left, they were both lucky to be over 50% percent full. Even in the densest parts of the student side there was plenty of holes. The Alumni side was more spread out but very thin. That was my view from the deck which was pretty empty also.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was pretty accurate; we were estimating 15K looking from Section E and 35+ years at guessing in Fouts. B)

Yes, at the game I guessed between 14K and 16K. Lots of open seats in pairs and 3s but very few groups of 5 or more and no groups of 5 or more on consecutive rows on the alumni side. Just under 15K fits what I saw.

The Dallas Cowboys pre-game radio show on The Fan even gave UNT credit for "15,000" at our game as they were tallying all the fans in attendance at all Metroplex sporting events last Saturday.

GMG!

PS: Sorry I couldn't have been one of that group, but I had was DJ'ing a wedding on Friday and a birthday party on Saturday night. Great for the DJ part of me but not so great for the Mean Green fan part. :(