Heartbreak

H-towngreen

I've been following this team since the late 70's, and I have to admit that this was probably the most depressing loss I have witnessed here. I cannot help but say that I feel TD has got to move along simply for the fact that he has proven to being incapable of finding someone who can regularly KICK EXTRA POINTS IN HIS YEAR NUMBER FOUR! I guess I have nothing left to say, other than that I wish I still had eligibility left, because I have no doubt that I (and many others) could kick them routinely over a defensive line stacked with 11 Yao Mings. Sad, but I will probably be back for more punishment next week. Hope we somehow can come up with the miracle on 1-35 , but it's not looking too likely at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Undisciplined play. I keep coming back to 2 plays. Terrible penalty on the first LaLa drive when we had stopped them around their 25, only to get a late hit penalty. Walk off the damn field!! Terrible discipline by this team. The second play was on Lala's 1st possesion of the second half. Phillips has GOT to make that play (the interception that hit him square in the hands). It was like the QB threw the ball right to him. He makes that play and UNT is knocking on the door down one score. He didn't, Lala scored 2 plays later.

That's 14 points GIVEN to the other team. Plays that should have been made.

It was so apparent that UNT had so much more talent than Lala. Just makes me sick.

Undisciplined play. I keep coming back to 2 plays. Terrible penalty on the first LaLa drive when we had stopped them around their 25, only to get a late hit penalty. Walk off the damn field!! Terrible discipline by this team. The second play was on Lala's 1st possesion of the second half. Phillips has GOT to make that play (the interception that hit him square in the hands). It was like the QB threw the ball right to him. He makes that play and UNT is knocking on the door down one score. He didn't, Lala scored 2 plays later.

It was so apparent that UNT had so much more talent than Lala. Just makes me sick.

Lets not forget the high snap from our 3rd string center that lead directly to a TD. I doubt JJ makes that mistake.

Lets not forget the high snap from our 3rd string center that lead directly to a TD. I doubt JJ makes that mistake.

Yeah, but only Todd Dodge thinks that you have to be in the shotgun....every time you're in short yardage situations. I believe that was a 3rd and 2 play.

Dead on.

As soon as Phillips dropped that pick I was thinking it was gonna come back to haunt us.

What kills me is that we do have alot of talent, enough talent to beat most Belt teams. They just love to kill themselves with stupid penalties.

Don't forget the bad snap returned for a TD.

Sad, but I will probably be back for more punishment next week. Hope we somehow can come up with the miracle on 1-35 , but it's not looking too likely at this point.

I'll be there, with a flask in my car..err pocket, for an after hour...err after score drink.

Nearly all of us here have this sickness. Like real junkies, it takes as little as 2 wins a year to keep us hooked.

We will be there at Fouts too.

Sunday -- Avoid all football except when the Cowboys are on.

Monday -- hang my head a bit. Watch some NFL.

Tuesday -- Feel a little better. Read the board. Go on the record for thinking we will lose this week.

Wednesday -- Feel back to normal. Read the board. Start to convince myself it will be a close game.

Thursday -- Can't wait for Saturday. Starting to feel a bit optimistic. Watch the Thur NCAA game and think UNT can play that well (like a real D1 team).

Friday -- Avoid football. Make plans to travel to Fouts.

Saturday -- Sh!t, I still do this?

• Upvote 1

Sigh. UNT has some playmakers on offense. Probably one of the best offenses in the conference. But offense is not the issue, and hasn't been since Dodge has been here.

They have few--if any--playmakers on defense. UNT won its titles in the last decade with playmakers on defense, solid special teams, and grind it out offense.

You can have a spectacular offense with playmakers and college coaches, and it doesn't mean crap unless you can also stop people and not give up big plays when you absolutely cannot allow it. UNT should have won this game by two touchdowns.

Until the coaching staff can address the dip in talent on the defensive side of the ball, it won't matter if Mike Leach or Knute Rockne coaches this team. They will lose more often than not.

• Upvote 1