Neinas Report Likely Out Thursday

Brett Vito

Nice find. Again the whole coaching search is a crap shoot. I personally don't think the Neinas report is all that necessary as you can just go by common sense in what is needed and what kind of coach you need.

An expert opinion can come in quite handy when you need to convince the Board of Regents to allocate significanly more in future salaries to football/basketball coaches, while the state of Texas is busy slashing funding for higher education across the board. Just sayin.

#1 On His Report: 5,000 more seats ASAP, North Texas. Heck, former Southland Conference Schools and even Prairie View(?) are building 30,000 seat stadiums these days. Does UNT want to remove itself from that large group of schools with 30,000 seat stadiums? Uh..................................duh? ;)

GMG!

that would cost about 5 million to do right now with construction going on.....perhaps upwards of 6

Texas Tech added 6K seats in the north end zone using prefab concrete risers "added" on to their existing east side suites and club seats expansion project (so as to take advantage of already on site construction crews and equipment) for a cost of 6 million over and above the 25 million for the original project so you are looking at 5 to 6K per seat at least

your stadium now is about 2,750 per seat in cost, but to rush out the plans, and rush out the formation of the prefab, and buying materials with a short lead could easily drive that cost up plus you would now have to have new plans for additional restrooms at a minimum and probably some additional concessions and again you need all that engineered and calculated on the fly

unless some money over and above 6 million gets dropped soon the stadium is as it is....and any money drop also would surely be used for the half of the stadium UNT currently needs to figure out a way raise money for/pay for

that would cost about 5 million to do right now with construction going on.....perhaps upwards of 6

Texas Tech added 6K seats in the north end zone using prefab concrete risers "added" on to their existing east side suites and club seats expansion project (so as to take advantage of already on site construction crews and equipment) for a cost of 6 million over and above the 25 million for the original project so you are looking at 5 to 6K per seat at least

your stadium now is about 2,750 per seat in cost, but to rush out the plans, and rush out the formation of the prefab, and buying materials with a short lead could easily drive that cost up plus you would now have to have new plans for additional restrooms at a minimum and probably some additional concessions and again you need all that engineered and calculated on the fly

unless some money over and above 6 million gets dropped soon the stadium is as it is....and any money drop also would surely be used for the half of the stadium UNT currently needs to figure out a way raise money for/pay for

UNT's corporate naming rights for the new stadium is: $30 million (give or take). With its second to none location, AD Rick V and Troops will find a corporate sponsor; maybe not tomorrow or the next day--but stay tuned with that group.

Texas Techs AT& T Stadium? The pitch of even their sideline seats I've never seen the likes of at a BCS school. It doesn't seem very steep at all which to me might create visual problems compared to a steeper pitch? Maybe its just a depth perception thing as it appears on TV or something.

UNT is a generation away of getting anywhere close to what TTech has going which really started in the 1950's their old Border Conference and then 1956 admission into the Southwest Conference. (I don't think they became elgible for competition until 4 years later, circa 1960).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Out of curiosity...what is the report supposed to do? Will the report really have any inside information? What does it do to help the future perception of the athletics program?

I hope the report outlines steps for continued growth above and beyond the SunBelt.

I imagine it will include remarks aimed at several areas, perhaps:

- more marketing and alignment into DFW in general

- more linking with lost alums locally

- a push for overall more attendance in football and basketball

- add baseball

- cut two men's sports

- restructure Mean Green Club

- politic and schedule CUSA schools

- upgrade football coaching salary structure

- hire Nationally-known football coach

I hope the report outlines steps for continued growth above and beyond the SunBelt.

- add baseball

- cut two men's sports

Which 2 mens sports do you cut?

Edited by adman

Yes, I think he's been outed. :ban:

ok let me see if I can get my +1s up here

the report will say that UNT needs to pay the head coaches better......the BOR will immediately read that, 100% gagree, and authorize RV to spend up to 950,000 on a head coach and another 1,050,000 million in assistants and to get rid of the current coach on his timing

it will give the names of 4 coaches that will 100% get it done at UNT and have them going 4-8 (two big plays and a bad call against UT away from being 7-5 and 4.33 avg. points away from winning those three games)) back winning the Belt and getting a bowl win in year 2 and then building on that

to......TA DA sell themselves to being the 5th Texas team in CUSA of somehow a hole opens up and based on the contents and the adjustments and the connections from this report UNT ends up in the CUSA

the report will identify 3 companies that are willing to step up with 30 million over 20 years and another that might be willing to go 10 million for 20 years on the field

the report will list out three simple fixes for fan marketing that will result in 14K season tickets sold and 29,500 average attendance

it will give a reasonable time line to start a baseball program tell you who to hire and how to raise the money

so tell me how much of this do you think will happen or the report will contain

what do YOU realistically expect this report to say or contain......do you really think that an intern president of a university with less than a year on his tenure and a search for a replacement underway is just going to bust out with the athletics plan with a bunch more spending......especially when the university just got through spending more on athletics facilities than the last 8 or 10 years combined and probably many more

the fans and alumni of a university are the ones that usually give the most support or at least get the ball rolling on support yet at the same time at so many places they expect a report to tell them how to get more money into the program....what does it need to say by RV an AK and make him hold it to donors and take their wallets

I am not really sure what people expect this report to say....work around the university and higher administration or raising private dollars for athletics.....RV just spend what you need to and the results will be there and your higher ups will be OK with it....hey someone sell these sponsorships.....I trust RV is trying...and even then that is not found money it pays for half a stadium

It better be a damn good report or I think it will say a lot of things a lot of people already know....and unfortunately it will totally ignore some that need to be said...because they are not athletics per say

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

- add baseball

- cut two men's sports

If you have to pay money to get a report like this then it really is a waste of time. It just doesn't make sense to me that we need this. Other than maybe cutting sports, I don't know if anything on there is new stuff that none of us already know.

I've been able to obtain an advanced copy.

Most of it is what you expect. Except for one big thing.

They recommend we build a giant walking combat robot, and send it against the other major football schools in Texas.

It will pillage donors, players, coaches from these schools, literally scooping them out of their homes with terrible mechanical claws, and bring them to Denton where they will become part of our program.

Apparently, this is the plan Leach was working on last year, and is the real reason he was fired, Tech having a strict no mechanical death machine policy in place. Luckily we don't.

Now, for trolling, should I ban myself? ban.gif

I've been able to obtain an advanced copy.

Most of it is what you expect. Except for one big thing.

They recommend we build a giant walking combat robot, and send it against the other major football schools in Texas.

It will pillage donors, players, coaches from these schools, literally scooping them out of their homes with terrible mechanical claws, and bring them to Denton where they will become part of our program.

Apparently, this is the plan Leach was working on last year, and is the real reason he was fired, Tech having a strict no mechanical death machine policy in place. Luckily we don't.

Now, for trolling, should I ban myself? ban.gif

Seriously, is there an advanced copy of this report?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1