New Way Of Thinking

Mo Green

I feel sorry for Coach Dodge at UNT & Bobby Lee at Gettysburg; its information that is IMPORTANT & the use of it that gets results. I remember how he looked when he was hired now he looks much older, the stress would make most people sick & not able to make decisions.I am sorry for him & his family & friends & UNT fans. If he had been mentored would not be in this position. If he had been taken under someone's assistance in the beginning that knew what to do maybe better decisions would of been made at the beginning.

I am sure that since he's developed Chase B, Riley D etc. that he & Chico can direct a qb & develop a game plan that the qb can follow that will use his ability focusing on the game plan he will follow to get success, if the qb can pass & run. So, bad as it is, we should see his ability to develop a qb as he has done in the past as a big positive.We should talk about this. But seeing Lance with a dozen carries & the 2 qb's with more rushing yards than him, their will be a real challenge to win games with this thinking.

Agility & conditioning is another choice a head coach has to make. During the Rice game several players got carried off the field to our side of the field more than the other team. Considering all the injuries did we neglect conditioning to focus on weight training (which is needed as well). Don't know the answer to this one but we can see this on the field the rest of the season.

God bless UNT!

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel sorry for Coach Dodge at UNT & Bobby Lee at Gettysburg; its information that is IMPORTANT & the use of it that gets results. I remember how he looked when he was hired now he looks much older, the stress would make most people sick & not able to make decisions.

If Dodge left UNT high schools in Texas would be beating down his door to hire him.

I have sympathy for him and the players, but let's not get carried away. He'd do just fine.

If Dodge left UNT high schools in Texas would be beating down his door to hire him.

I have sympathy for him and the players, but let's not get carried away. He'd do just fine.

Actually, I think his carreer as a HS coach is over. His carreer as a college coach will probably continue.

Probably not as a HC though.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

Actually, I think his carreer as a HS coach is over. His carreer as a college coach will probably continue.

Probably not as a HC though.

I agree. I predict he will end up at a big program as an offensive assistant if he wants it.

We'll see Dodge as a HC in the future somewhere in college. He'll be better than he is now. (I know, that shouldn't take much)

I think he still has some credibility as an offensive brain. He just wasn't ready to lead a D1 program. He'll take lessons learned here and apply them somewhere. Too bad we had to suffer through the learning curve.

• Upvote 1

I agree. I predict he will end up at a big program as an offensive assistant if he wants it.

We'll see Dodge as a HC in the future somewhere in college. He'll be better than he is now. (I know, that shouldn't take much)

I think he still has some credibility as an offensive brain. He just wasn't ready to lead a D1 program. He'll take lessons learned here and apply them somewhere. Too bad we had to suffer through the learning curve.

Couldn't agree more. You took the thoughts right out of my head.

Strumming my pain with your keystrokes. Singing my life with your words. Killing me softly with this post...

• Upvote 1