Who Should Be Starting Qb?

All About UNT

It would be OK to start Riley. But, Baine needs to be ready to come off the bench soon, if necessary.

Here is the reason.....

The entire Sun Belt knows that Riley's arm is probably shot due to injuries. FAU is going to stack the line and dare us to throw the ball beyond 20 yards. If we can somehow run the ball and execute a short passing game against a stacked FAU front, then leave Riley in. However, if FAU completely shuts us down on the ground, then we have to have somebody come in who can at least keep the defense somewhat honest.

Frankly, I know nothing about the QB's now behind Riley. But, based on what I have read about the players, it would seem that Baine is our best bet at this point (if Riley's arm is indeed shot).

Tough spot for Riley....I really feel for him.

I'll wear a black jersey in mourning for the death of this season. Long live Darrell Royal Dickey!!!!! Haha.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can't imagine that anyone that really watched saturday's game would want Riley starting saturday.

Um...yeah...there is a reason why there were 2 QB's ahead of Riley on the depth chart. Injuries...maybe...capability...definitely.

With Riley as the starter we are guaranteed losses...

Chase Baine....just barely over Dodson and RD.

Baine is a good athlete and Dodson seems like (in the two or three series that I saw him play) a pretty confident QB.

Either of them would give us a slight edge because our next opponent doesn't have any film on them. Just get them ready for a bonzai blitz on every play, and start the one who DOESN'T have a "deer-in-the-headlights" look right before kickoff.

I wouldn't use the "experience" excuse to not start Baine. He's been here for 2 years and the backup most felt comfortable with started the Army game having thrown a grand total of 10 more in game passes than Baine.

If he can get the ball down the field, I say start him.

Either way, he will have to get plenty of snaps Sat because Riley will not be able to take every snap for the rest of the year.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1