Grieving Is Over

EagleMBA

Yesterday and this morning I was sick, embarrassed, pissed off, angry and generally grieving. I'm over it. I'm thinking rationally again.

We will never win another game in the past. The only opportunity for redemption is in the future. Our next opportunity is next Saturday against FAU. We are still undefeated in the Sun Belt. We still have nine games to play.

Take all the negative energy and channel it into a gameplan that will beat FAU. Starting this moment, and until Saturday, if I am this coaching staff I am blocking out every thought except how to beat FAU and who I have on the squad that will step up and do it.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Yesterday and this morning I was sick, embarrassed, pissed off, angry and generally grieving. I'm over it. I'm thinking rationally again.

We will never win another game in the past. The only opportunity for redemption is in the future. Our next opportunity is next Saturday against FAU. We are still undefeated in the Sun Belt. We still have nine games to play.

Take all the negative energy and channel it into a gameplan that will beat FAU. Starting this moment, and until Saturday, if I am this coaching staff I am blocking out every thought except how to beat FAU and who I have on the squad that will step up and do it.

I've had the same experience. Though, instead of Animal House, I've found solace in another classic movie from that period that sums up my feelings.

And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER...

BillMurraymeatballs-msn.jpg

translation: Support the players no matter what.

• Upvote 1

I've had the same experience. Though, instead of Animal House, I've found solace in another classic movie from that period that sums up my feelings.

And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

Agreed. Support the players no matter what. Support UNT no matter what. If the coaches and players have the same attitude of "give it 100% no matter what" (and they will), we might just win some games that many now are expecting us not to. This could be a great time to suprise some folks. Winning against all odds can be the sweatest kind of victory!

Mandatory GMG Viewing Material

Mandatory Viewing Link

• Upvote 1

The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor... :huh:

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Downvote 2

Doesn't the Belt all of a sudden look winnable! I mean for someone. We may be a stretch but that stench coming from TN was MTSU losing to Memphis! Really? That is one of our premier teams and then that terrible UAB getting over on Troy! What!

Arkie State might just be the class this year!

GMG

Doesn't the Belt all of a sudden look winnable! I mean for someone. We may be a stretch but that stench coming from TN was MTSU losing to Memphis! Really? That is one of our premier teams and then that terrible UAB getting over on Troy! What!

Arkie State might just be the class this year!

GMG

Good luck Coach Dodge, the proof is in the pudding. We will start to find out next week, but right now the damn pudding looks mighty runny.

• Upvote 1

Oldschoollefty has the right idea.......we (our team) is in this fight...the opponent has bloodied our nose, cut our lip, and kicked us in the nuts !!! We can start crying and run back inside and hug our momma's leg. OR we can get a few licks in ourselves. May be a sucky year, but I wanna go down swinging......Decisions are being made in a panic mode....in some cases there are probably NO choices. We want our team to play like Air Force played @ OU.......We need to do the same as fans....Sit down, shut up, grind it out with the team. I'm all in !!