Turn Out The Lights

EagleMBA

They say that all good things must end.

Turn out the lights, the party is over.

Tomorrow starts the same old s..t again.

The cumulative injuries have taken away any chance we had for seven wins. Is this a conditioning/training issue? I thought we had one of the best. At any rate, this season is gone with nine still to play. My heart goes out to the great young men that represent us. Play out the string and move on.

I need to vomit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that broken bones in the lower leg are NOT a conditioning issue.

I was sad to see you guys lose MORE players today, I hope everybody heals completely.

You've been a very gracious fan and a great presence on our board. Thank you for visiting with us, congrats on yet another win against us... And please don't be a stranger in the future.

TURN OUT THE LIGHTS....DODGE BALL IS OVER. THEY SAY ALL BAD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END. TURN OUT THE LIGHTS...TODD DODGE BALL IS OVER.

Thanks for coming Coach Dodge. You tried your best. I know you wanted UNT (North Texas) to win more than anyone else. It didnt' happen. Goodbye sir. You are still a high-school legend.

• Downvote 1

Lou Holtz coached in the NFL, Steve Spurrier coached in the NFL, Pete Carrol is back in the NFL, all of these are legends in college. Todd, while college might not of been for you, Im sure there is some high school in Texas that will want you as a coach. Sorry this hasn't worked out for you, you are a great man. The college game isn't for everyone.

• Upvote 1

Lou Holtz coached in the NFL, Steve Spurrier coached in the NFL, Pete Carrol is back in the NFL, all of these are legends in college. Todd, while college might not of been for you, Im sure there is some high school in Texas that will want you as a coach. Sorry this hasn't worked out for you, you are a great man. The college game isn't for everyone.

There is no doubt High School's will be fighting for the right to lure T.D. to their school.

I'm always slightly creeped out when people post stuff like this. I can never tell if they are snarky or genuine, and so they remain awkward in my mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

why does everyone pronounce deloach as the man that should be in charge? i believe he has never been a head coach. his defense is getting better, but it's not what he has done in the past. chico has never been a coach either, but who is to say that he wouldn't be better? i wouldn't give it to deloach.

• Upvote 1

why does everyone pronounce deloach as the man that should be in charge? i believe he has never been a head coach. his defense is getting better, but it's not what he has done in the past. chico has never been a coach either, but who is to say that he wouldn't be better? i wouldn't give it to deloach.

He has sway in our hearts because he led those great defenses.

I think that a lot of the credit for those years goes to the coach who lead our recruiting, Kenny Evans.

We should just make the announcement that Dodge won't be back has head coach, put Deloach on notice, and sit all the seniors.

The Dodge era is the worst in school history.

And why would you do that? Look as critical I am of Dodge I don't want to add salt to the wound of the kids who have only gone through losing their whole collegiate career. Sitting seniors would be a cowardly thing to do in my opinion. Let them finish out the season and lets give them a reason that despite their struggles, they are still part of the Mean Green family and future in some shape or form.

• Upvote 1

Even if we wanted to sit the seniors, with 10 major injuries in three games, we couldn't. We have no depth.

You don't sit seniors unless you feel they aren't trying to win or don't care. I'm pretty sure these guys are playing hard and care. Some of today's loss was because we didn't have an offense and with your 3rd string QB in the game it's hard to expect anything else. The D gave up less points today that they have in the other two games and actually looked pretty good at times. The special teams were tremendously better; somebody put some coaching time in with them this past week!

Here's what bothers me; We don't try to adjust to adversity. Your right side O line is getting overrun and you don't run the shovel pass, screen or draw and you don't add a tight end to that side to lend a hand? Santiago was having a bad time and Gill was doing well against the same D-end when he switched sides, so move our line around periodically; maybe spell the guard/tackle that's getting his butt kicked. Fortenberry played very well in substitution. One more thing with the offense; run a play that confuses the D when you need some yards. Play action, sweep, tight end slant and draw are all missing from our offense and all work for everybody else. Don't we have situational plays? If we're gonna lose, lets go down swinging, maybe make it fun?

The D gave up less points today that they have in the other two games and actually looked pretty good at times

We started the second half down 14-0 and the D had played well, aside from the first touchdown drive. The second was set up by a Dodge fumble. Army's running back was injured.

That was a point our D could have given us a chance by stepping up and keeping Army out of the end zone. They did well on the first drive, but on the second Army moved all the way down the field and scored another TD.

Our D also could have helped us by getting turnovers to shorten the field.

Instead, the D got manhandled, got no turnovers, and the patchwork offense had no chance.