Army Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

This is going to be another close game, and will probably come down to last possession. Thompson will have to have some clock-eating drives, and I'm not encouraged that that will happen when it needs to. OL is beat up, and new QB in there.

Defense will have it's hands full stopping the run, and can't have breakdowns in coverage with play action. I do think UNT has the speed to get it done if they don't wear out under the relentless run game. Field position is going to be critical in this game, and therefore, special teams are probably going to be a sphincter-clenching spectacle again.

I'm calling for an Army victory, 28-24, since I predicted a close win against Rice last week. Reverse jinx is in play.

Edited by LongJim

Based on recent history:

We will immediately give up a huge play (probably for a TD) in one of Army's first three plays. Then, the defense will calm down, and our offense will begin to move the ball with some consistency. Finally, we will overtake them in the fourth quarter and grasp a small, tenuous lead. However, with their backs against the wall, Army will put together a scoring drive with ease and retake the lead. With two or three minutes to go 90 yards (there will be a kick return penalty) we will have to rely on the passing game to respond with a TD of our own. However, the drive will end dismally with a penalty/sack/turnover, and we will all bemoan how we couldn't quite get it done despite playing well enough to win. Dunham will sound epically depressed during the postgame show, and Dodge--with a hoarse, strained voice--will point to several key mistakes that cost the game.

On the bright side, we will statistically dominate Army in terms of total yards, first downs, and TOP. This will give us some "optimism" heading into next week despite yet another loss.

My prediction exactly.

I'm going to proclaim that we win the next 2. Just barely against Army, and blowout fashion over FAU. Then we all get excited, let our guard down and receive an atomic missile flying nut kick on Oct. 2.

Just had to get this written down so I wouldn't forget to protect myself in 3 weeks.

Edited by TIgreen01

I'm going to proclaim that we win the next 2. Just barely against Army, and blowout fashion over FAU. Then we all get excited, let our guard down and receive an atomic missile flying nut kick on Oct. 2.

Just had to get this written down so I wouldn't forget to protect myself in 3 weeks.

Ouch, that sounds really painful. I'll be sure to put my cup on that day! :D