Dwaylon Cook

UNTLifer

No, not at all. It's a "powerfull" picture. I love that picture! Dickey actually posed for that picture. I wish I had it. If I did I would post it. It is a thought provoking picture. Am I saying that Dickey put a curse on the program? When the picture was first put out there on gmg I posted, Oh,OH bad omen. Harry immediately deleted it. Someone post the picture if you have it. It would make great discussion. All in fun, of course.

I'm guessing it's this one

1119dickey.jpg

I'm guessing it's this one

1119dickey.jpg

Yes! Thank you. I love that picture. Notice that Darrel is in all black even his baseball cap. It almost looks like he is saying,"oh really, fire me?" And by the way, how many games have we won since then?

It is absolutely incredible that our attendance has increased and a new stadium is being built.

For that we can thank the AD and all those who listened to his dream.

Edited by meangreenbob

Really? Any medical studies or research that you are basing your theories on?

Benny Jones: Got tackled and his leg folded under him.

That would be an example of bad luck. I haven't seen how any of the others occurred, but I had a knee injury in high school that was the result of being hit on the front of my leg just above the knee while my foot was planted in the turf. Led to a hyperextended knee. Not sure how conditioning would have prevented that from happening.

Truth is, torn ACL's can be caused by someone rolling up on a leg from any direction, planting a foot to make a cut and the foot sticks in the turf, etc... so blaming this on Coach Char is out of line.

VIRTUALLY everyone knows that lack of proper training and conditioning can be contributing factors to players having a rash of injuries early in a season. I don't think anyone is conclusively blaming the coaching staff, but how these guys were prepared for the season is certainly something to consider. If you must have some authoritative literature on the subject, here is a brief article on ACL injuries. Try Google if you need a few thousand more resources on the subject. http://www.synergy-athletics.com/effective-strength-training/why-young-athletes-tear-acls/

• Upvote 1

Looks like GMG has a lot of players to salute on the main page of the board. Do they have any missing pets as well?

:surrender: Did all our guys go to church the last 2 weeks? :innocent: If all these injuries weren't so sad, it would be.......sad. :no:

Carry on, troops!

"Tough times don't last--tough people do." (my late, sainted mother & Vince Lombardy, perhaps)? :unsure:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Yes it is. To date:

Tune: Out for year

Ford: Out for year

Jones: Out for Year

JJ Johnson: Out for year

Neal: Out for year

Cook: Out for year

Did I miss anyone?

Micah Mosley. He may or may not be out for the year, but he is a very important part of the team when you consider that are Special Teams aren't exactly special. Knocking on wood furiously when I say this, but we are only one injury away from being pretty thin at Mosley's former starting position, and if something were to happen to our newbie under center, it looks like we could possibly turn into more of a run first team.

If I am not mistaken, our luck changed the day we removed the script North Texas from the helmets and replaced it with the current North Texas font. To change our luck again, we must change the helmet logo to the SOW. It's the only way to solve these prolems. The football gods have spoken.

• Upvote 4

Looks like GMG has a lot of players to salute on the main page of the board. Do they have any missing pets as well?

thank you!

now, i don't see how the spring/summer training program can't be held somewhat accountable for these injuries. the goal isn't to simply get bigger and faster, but equip the body to withstand the stress of a football season. so many injuries would suggest we could improve here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I am not mistaken, our luck changed the day we removed the script North Texas from the helmets and replaced it with the current North Texas font. To change our luck again, we must change the helmet logo to the SOW. It's the only way to solve these prolems. The football gods have spoken.

Yes, that's it.

Just to be safe, who want to meet me at midnight Friday in the cemetery with a dead chicken and a dozen eyes of newts?

Tune: Got drilled by the defender. Not sure where Char screwed up on that one.

Ford: Broken leg. Not sure you can condition a bone not to snap when the right amount of force is applied but I am not a doctor.

Jones: Had his leg landed on by a Clemson defender and it bent all kinds of wrong. Pretty sure it wasn't Char but maybe he still has eligibility left.

JJ Johnson: Got his foot stepped on by another player. Char should have seen that one coming.

Neal: Out for year

Cook: Out for year

Carey: Hand injury that is affecting his play: Char told him to lift the furniture with his legs.

• Upvote 3

Yes! Thank you. I love that picture. Notice that Darrel is in all black even his baseball cap. It almost looks like he is saying,"oh really, fire me?" And by the way, how many games have we won since then?

It is absolutely incredible that our attendance has increased and a new stadium is being built.

For that we can thank the AD and all those who listened to his dream.

Loser, just like the current coach, and the previous coaches. Nothing more, nothing less. RV made the right decision to fire him. His hire just hasn't panned out, so hopefully, if necessary, he will get it right on the next one.

• Downvote 1

Not only that, but the winning stopped when we changed greens. This is some scary 'nawlins voodoo. I'm just saying.

if dodge does not get the required 7 wins will he or rv attempt to exercise the extreme amount of injuries clause as reason for this seasons failure? it does seem unfair that dodge should be evaluated on producing better team performance without a team at full strength; more like a makeshift mash unit as the season goes on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Full body cramps from heat and flu-related symptoms.

He'll be back for the next game. Thanks, Todd Dodge Radio Show!

I do not recall seeing any big fans on the sidelines (some are called "cooling systems"). Was I just too distracted by Bob's message to see them? Oh and +1 for "being there" at the radio show for us.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1