Dwaylon Cook

UNTLifer

This is obviously coach Gahagan's (and ultimately Dodge's) fault. It's Char's job to prepare these guys for the rigors of football.

sarcasm alert

4 ACL tears by the end of the second week of the season? Some blame may have to lay with the conditioning program...we all (myself included) were excited by the added weight some of these players put on in the off-season, but these are the kind of injuries that occur when it isn't added well.

I don't like baseless speculation...and I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

• Upvote 2

WOW! This is just terrible. Unbelievable.

Does anyone remember the picture of Darrel Dickey standing outside the tunnel with his arms crossed, looking off into the sky, a defiant look on his face surrounded by white smoke and the players all dressed in black? They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Edited by meangreenbob

4 ACL tears by the end of the second week of the season? Some blame may have to lay with the conditioning program...we all (myself included) were excited by the added weight some of these players put on in the off-season, but these are the kind of injuries that occur when it isn't added well.

I don't like baseless speculation...and I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

There is definately an issue and the S&C Coach needs to be held accountable, I remember back in early 2000's Tennis played TTU and TTU had just lost 2-3 of their Top Girls to ACL injuries, which was a training issue.

Hope all of these guys are willing to put in the work and be ready again for next year if they all can get a Medical RS.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

WOW! This is just terrible. Unbelievable.

Does anyone remember the picture of Darrel Dickey standing outside the tunnel with his arms crossed, looking off into the sky, a defiant look on his face surrounded by white smoke and the players all dressed in black? They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying the black jerseys caused all these injuries? Or was it the smoke? Or are you saying that the defiant Darrell Dickey has been practicing voodoo out in Albuquerque? :ph34r:

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying the black jerseys caused all these injuries? Or was it the smoke? Or are you saying that the defiant Darrell Dickey has been practicing voodoo out in Albuquerque? :ph34r:

No, not at all. It's a "powerfull" picture. I love that picture! Dickey actually posed for that picture. I wish I had it. If I did I would post it. It is a thought provoking picture. Am I saying that Dickey put a curse on the program? When the picture was first put out there on gmg I posted, Oh,OH bad omen. Harry immediately deleted it. Someone post the picture if you have it. It would make great discussion. All in fun, of course.

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Downvote 1

A rash of season ending injuries early on often means conditioning problems (not Tune), so is that the case here or is this just stinking bad luck? Hopefully it is just a combo of bad luck and these guys going all out to win a football game.

Really? Any medical studies or research that you are basing your theories on?

Benny Jones: Got tackled and his leg folded under him.

That would be an example of bad luck. I haven't seen how any of the others occurred, but I had a knee injury in high school that was the result of being hit on the front of my leg just above the knee while my foot was planted in the turf. Led to a hyperextended knee. Not sure how conditioning would have prevented that from happening.

Truth is, torn ACL's can be caused by someone rolling up on a leg from any direction, planting a foot to make a cut and the foot sticks in the turf, etc... so blaming this on Coach Char is out of line.

Really? Any medical studies or research that you are basing your theories on?

Benny Jones: Got tackled and his leg folded under him.

That would be an example of bad luck. I haven't seen how any of the others occurred, but I had a knee injury in high school that was the result of being hit on the front of my leg just above the knee while my foot was planted in the turf. Led to a hyperextended knee. Not sure how conditioning would have prevented that from happening.

Truth is, torn ACL's can be caused by someone rolling up on a leg from any direction, planting a foot to make a cut and the foot sticks in the turf, etc... so blaming this on Coach Char is out of line.

I watched Brown's. He was juked hard on a kick return, committed one way, and then tried to change direction.

Some moron (what is it with section C?) was razzing him while down: "Oh, c'mon man! You didnt even touch him! Don't tell me you hurt yourself tackling air?!?"

I feel terrible for Cook and don't wish injuries on anyone. Out of all the players on our roster he LOOKS the most NFL ready. Emphasize LOOKS. Over the last few years I can't remember a time when I was like "Man, that Cook sure is a playmaker." Examples: Week 1, he missed multiple run fits as well as tackles against Clemson. Week 2, Rice's TE basically had his way against our defense (TE's are usually matched up against the strong safety) and on the 1st touchdown Cook was matched up man-to-man with #2.

I think we will be better off with John Shorter at safety. Do any of yall remember last years game against Arkansas State? He was the best player of the field, bar none.