8 Weeks

shaft

He means the start of basketball season.

57 days, people! 8 weeks and a day, to be precise, until early signing period opens and basketball season begins!

And with no track separating the playing surface from the stands, mgbob is going to have to speak quickly because RV will have easy access to him in the Pit.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

We're only 8 weeks away from the big announcement.

So, what happens this season when UNT wins seven and goes to a bowl? Any change in that so overly positive attitude you seem to carry around all the time? Just wondering...

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So, what happens this season when UNT wins seven and goes to a bowl? Any chjange in that so overly positive attitude you seem to carry around all the time? Just wondering...

And what evidence leads you to believe that this is possible? I don't mind drinking a little green kool-aid and being a homer but it's time to look at things for what it is. This thing is a mess.

And what evidence leads you to believe that this is possible? I don't mind drinking a little green kool-aid and being a homer but it's time to look at things for what it is. This thing is a mess.

Not much hard evidence at all...just seems to be more fun and a lot less stress to look for the positives. Besides, IT'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL...it's fun...it ain't the Battle of the Bulge, D-Day or Coal Harbor or the Alamo, it's college football!

Just think how much fun it will be if the seven wins come and some folks might have to drink a bit of that green kool-aid. If seven wins don't come, I'll be there supporting the next guy if it comes to that. No need with 2 games into the season to start the doom and gloom. Everyone here knows the drill and probably doesn't need anyone reminding them on a daily basis.

The bride and I had a great time Saturday. It would have been even better without the injury to Nathan and the loss.

Not much hard evidence at all...just seems to be more fun and a lot less stress to look for the positives. Besides, IT'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL...it's fun...it ain't the Battle of the Bulge, D-Day or Coal Harbor or the Alamo, it's college football!

Just think how much fun it will be if the seven wins come and some folks might have to drink a bit of that green kool-aid. If seven wins don't come, I'll be there supporting the next guy if it comes to that. No need with 2 games into the season to start the doom and gloom. Everyone here knows the drill and probably doesn't need anyone reminding them on a daily basis.

The bride and I had a great time Saturday. It would have been even better without the injury to Nathan and the loss.

It's transient kitsch... not the bloody Cuban missile crisis!

• Upvote 1

So dumb. I'm not happy about things right now either but you guys that want to pull this garbage every week are annoying. I'd sure hate to hang around your tailgates. How depressing.

You'd have to go to an SMU game to tailgate with him.

It's transient kitsch... not the bloody Cuban missile crisis!

You beat me to it. +1

I have to agree with KRAM on this. Last week everyone was giddy and emmitt01 was predicting 8 wins out of this team after our game against Clemson. Rice rolls to town, we start off horribly, kicking game is killing us, without our starting center, a starting DB, essentially our 5th DB and key WR that are all lost for the season, and lost by 1 to a team that hammered us by 50+ a couple of years ago.

Yes, we gave this game away and I'm as frustrated as the next fan, but my goodness, we are only two games into a 12 game season and everyone has given up on this team. Pretty ridiculous at this point, IMHO.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

TD has to win 6 out of the next 10 games to keep his job. That's not going to happen. I thought I was being generous thinking we'd win two games before November. I just hope RV drops the ax sooner rather than later so we can get the new coach in by the first week of December.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

I have to agree with KRAM on this. Last week everyone was giddy and emmitt01 was predicting 8 wins out of this team after our game against Clemson. Rice rolls to town, we start off horribly, kicking game is killing us, without our starting center, a starting DB, essentially our 5th DB and key WR that are all lost for the season, and lost by 1 to a team that hammered us by 50+ a couple of years ago.

Yes, we gave this game away and I'm as frustrated as the next fan, but my goodness, we are only two games into a 12 game season and everyone has given up on this team. Pretty ridiculous at this point, IMHO.

Maybe. I don't think everyone has given up, I just think that the reality of what now faces this team has hit home. 2 road games against teams that beat them last year, after another heartbreaking loss in similiar fashion as so many last year, including both of the teams in the next 2 games. So much about sports is confidence, especially when you are an 18-23 year old, and this game was huge in that department. Would this team be much more likely to beat Army if they had beaten Rice? Hell yes. Can this team suck it up and win 2 on the road? I hope they do, but history says they won't. Please guys, beat Army and history this week.

That is why I am down right now, anyway.

I'm due to hit the powerball

I understand that you aren't happy with where the program is, none of us are either...seriously, I do not like where we are one bit. That does not mean though, that every last shred of optimism needs to be battered down into the ground like a whack-a-mole machine. That kind of takes all the fun out of it, dude.

Yeah, we lost, but I had a hell of a time hanging out with my friends cheering on my school. I think MckinneyMiner said it best in his "Perspective from a New Season Ticket Holder" thread. There is a lot more to all this than just the football game.

• Upvote 2