Thompson

H-towngreen

Nathan played his ass off for us today. He stayed poised in the pocket and made some great decisions to run or throw that converted a lot of first downs that we haven't seen against this caliber of a team in many years. He threw for over 240 yards against the preseason 2nd ranked secondary. Most of the Clemson fans we spoke to today were very impressed with this offense and were telling Emmitt and I they were very nervous large in the second quarter. Needless to say there hasn't been one ounce of hinting by those who attended the game about a quarterback controversy.

460 plus yards against an ACC power in front of 70-80 thousand and we have people wanting to bitch about our QB? Our offense is the very last of our concerns.

Rick

• Upvote 3

Well put, Rick. Also, consider our football budget against theirs and you will soon appreciate all the effort of the squad. By the way, our boy Dickey got burned 72-0 today Oregon.

That probably shouldn't make happy but it does.

• Downvote 1

Listen, the mistakes Tune made today are ones that can be corrected through film sessions, coaching, and reps. They were not mistakes made because he isn't talented enough. His first pick was thrown short because he got flushed and had to throw back across his body. If he sets and gets more on the ball he leads the receiver right into the end zone. Alternatively he can just throw the ball away and go to 2nd down. The 2nd pick just didn't have enough arc and was a great play by the db. Tune needs to understand when to step up in the pocket especially when the outside rush was so strong. If Tune can learn to step up he can by more time for the receivers to get into space. Again these are all coachable issues. That said, Tune didn't panic when flushed and found some holes to get to the sticks. Although I like the guts, I hope Dodge talks to him about lowering his shoulder to pop that lineman along the sidelines to finish that run. That was a mans play but one that could get him hurt. I liked what I saw from Nate and I think wencould be in for a special year offensively speaking.