MEAN GREEN SOFTBALL

ssegal

Future NT softball player Mandy Hacker continued her undefeated quest as she went 2-0 for the week.

Mandy's win total has now made 8-0 on the season with 36K's and a 0.75 earned run average. Hacker and her Blinn College teammates are currently 13-3 atop the NJCAA Region XIV South Zone Standings.

GO MEAN GREEN!

There is not much difference at all in JC players versus D. I players... Especially juniors vs freshman... If the JC player is from a good tradition riched program, there should be no difference....

On the other hand.... there is a difference in pitching prospects... Top of the level D. I pitchers can throw up to 68-69 mph from 43 feet. ( NOT VERY MANY OF THEM) Most D. I pitchers throw anywhere from 57-66mph.... there is more emphasis on movement than velocity....

Mandy should be able to come into our program and COMPETE immediately!! She's BIG STRONG LEFTY (6 foot) who has a great drop ball and has been clocked at 64 mph. GROUND BALLS win balls games......

The SunBelt conference in VERY strong in softball sending ULL to the Women's College World Series twice in the last 10 years.....

The BIG XII is the second strongest conference in the nation behind the PAC 10..

At the present time, Texas, A&M, Baylor, OU, and OSU are ranked in the Top 25..... ULL received votes

Should be challenging, but MY TEAM WILL BE UP FOR IT!!!

Stacy, are you going to have a Girls Softball Summer camp this year?

If so, I have a group of girls ages 11-12 who would love to attend a local camp! Besides, I don't want to consider sending them to the other University in town.

Yes- we are having two camps this summer...

June 8-11 All Skills Camp Ages 8-17

June 12-14 Pitcher/Catcher Camp Ages 8-17

CONTACT ASST. COACH ANGIE SCHARNHORST FOR FUTURE DETAILS AT scharnhorst@unt.edu

Our camp brochere should be completed soon and will be available online..

GO MEAN GREEN!

Go ahead and get exited about your softball North Texas. Coach Stacy and her staff are grabbing the Best of the Best. I am an Avid softball fan who has been watching whats going on at UNT. Believe one thing you all are going to be softball fans. Coach Stacy has pitching in Mandy and others. The thunder bats from Arizona in Brittiny and Ana ( Ranked number 3 and 9 in the nation for RBI's, and outstanding infielders to boot) but she has extriem base speed, exelant outfielders and some some very athletic position players who can hit and slap with any D1 school. Maybe we could get Coach Stacy to talk about some of these players. Keep in mind that the UNT juniors have played at the D1 leval. Most of the girls have played D1 schools, played on traveling teams that have whent to 18 Gold Texas championships and to Nationals, they all have experience at winning in tight situations. Pluse Coach Stacy brings an entusiasm that can not be compared to. I, personally will be very interested in seeing what Coach Stacy brings to the plate in April. Will they be competitive as a first year school? Most of thes girls have had opprotunities to play for other D1 schools, They Belive it, Coach Stacy belives it, UNT belives it, you might as well belive it. This team is for real dont think that the Sun Belt teams are not watching the same things I am.

WOW! I'm impressed. Someone has been doing some research. YES- I'm extremely excited about the ENTIRE inaugural class. I have not yet EVEN BEGUN to talk about the entire class, because I was waiting for ALL OF THEIR "ALL-STATE" ACCOLADES TO COME IN AFTER THEIR HS SEASON...

I can tell you that 3 of my freshman from OK made ALL-STATE this past fall. Crosby Dyke, Susan Waters, and Maureen Kelley. The other freshman's team had some nominating problems, so none of her high school teammates, including herself, were eligible for awards. If they would have been, Heather Bostic would have been added to that ALL-STATE list as well....

As for my transfers, who are currently in season... They are easy to follow since their stats are posted on variously websites.. (http://www.njcaa.org, http://www.alvin.cc.tx.us/regionxiv) I'm just doing my job of trying to keep everyone informed of what's happening.

I do not mind Coach Stacey ( BUT WOULD PREFER IF IT'S SPELLED RIGHT ) Funny story about that (actually, NOT FUNNY AT ALL).... Last year at the Women's College World Series, a coach who's team was participating spelled her player's name wrong on the line-up card and there were consequences..... I'VE LEARNED A LESSON TO ALWAYS SPELL NAMES RIGHT!

I foresee us being competitive this first season, or I would not have brought JUCOs on board. I would have recruited 18 freshman to coach for 4 seasons.... Our schedule will be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT, but as I've said before, " YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST, TO BE THE BEST!"

GO MEAN GREEN!