UNT Frosh Need New Dorms That Are Being Built

Not particularly no. It makes no sense unless they figure if freshmen live THAT far from campus they won't go to class. It seems to me the housing shortage will mainly be freshmen..hence that's who we should focus on.

Then again, I'm no administrator.

I think the reason why they are putting upperclassmen across the highway is because it is removed from the atmosphere of staying on campus. Being that far away kinda takes away of being a part of campus life. Besides, I do agree that if freshmen live that far, more freshmen might be placed on academic probation because it will be easier to skip class. Juniors and seniors should know what to do when they skip and "how to recover" from skipping class.

It seems to me it's just a reallocation of space. We already have about 1000 student's in the dorms (I believe that is the approximate number) who are not freshman. I doubt that number will increase to take up the full 600 of the new spaces -- but it will free up 600 spaces for freshman closer to the central portion of campus. It makes more sense to put the newest students in the closest positions for many reasons.