Jordan Williams Commits To Unt!

SUMG

This has turned a rather uneventful Tuesday morning into a great day instantly. This is the best, out of high school, signing I can remember. We have signed alot of very talented players in the past, but alot of them were transfers. It is hard to believe how fast this program is growing. I think we have a team this year that can compete in the NCAA tourney, and we have seven seniors leaving. With recruits like this signing with us, we can take a step forward in the 2011 season and not a step back.

This has turned a rather uneventful Tuesday morning into a great day instantly. This is the best, out of high school, signing I can remember. We have signed alot of very talented players in the past, but alot of them were transfers. It is hard to believe how fast this program is growing. I think we have a team this year that can compete in the NCAA tourney, and we have seven seniors leaving. With recruits like this signing with us, we can take a step forward in the 2011 season and not a step back.

Yep, transfers are great, but big-time four year guys are the way you build a dynasty. Welcome aboard Jordan!

I totally agree. What a pick me up for a "regular" Tuesday morning in August!

Absolutely great news! Glad that SUMG posted it, and I have to compliment Quoner on his excellent post re: basketball/football. That's some greatness right there with that post. This is really exciting news for the BB program and JJ, and will be even better when he actually signs. If the stands are not MUCH fuller this season for the games, well, then there is just no justice and there would be no explaining the Mean Green fan base. If ever, the team has earned the right to play before great crowds (size...because the enthusiasm has been there the last couple of years), it is now! GREAT JOB JJ...man, this really gets me excited on a Tuesday morning...great way to start a day in the Mean Green Nation.

Thanks so much JJ and team!

The only "problem" with bigger crowds is that they make it tougher to let my heckling be heard!

In all seriousness I would love to be sitting in a nearly full house watching us continue our success.

Just yell LOUDER!!!

Really?

Yes, I thought it was a simple comment. Javia was turned off by the product he saw on the field. Even if he had a chance to watch games before signing early, Jordan won't be.

http://northtexas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1114379

Just thinking about how good this team will be in the next several years is exciting! We should the favorite to repeat as Sun Belt Champs again this year with all we have coming back!!

Yes, I thought it was a simple comment. Javia was turned off by the product he saw on the field. Even if he had a chance to watch games before signing early, Jordan won't be.

It may have been the product on the field. Or it may have been that he thought with Riley ahead of him, there was no way he would start before his senior year.

It may have been the product on the field. Or it may have been that he thought with Riley ahead of him, there was no way he would start before his senior year.

Or it may have been that he was pressured to commit by his recruiter and simply said yes not to offend anybody. He was an 18 year old kid, ya know. Never seemed excited about UNT and always freely admitted he was on the fence.

Mr. Williams is no Javia Hall

I think

I hope

I pray

Can we stop with this? Football ball is not Basketball ball at this school. Whoever started drawing lines between the 2 should be ashamed.

Basketball ball at this school has a lot to offer a player the caliber of Jordan Williams. 4 20 win seasons in a row and 2 NCAA appearances in this time certainly show that this team has the core and coaching to give someone like Jordan Williams every benefit as a player that can immediately step in and ooze confidence. Jordan and the rest of the players, like White and Thompson, Odufuwa, now, can leave a legacy and continue building the winning tradition and program. This program is teetering on the cusp of something great, and the players that join in will forever be remembered as the ones that got us there. Jordan feels it, as we fans do. That is completely different from football ball.

Good for UNT's program, but more importantly, it will be great for Jordan Williams to blaze a trail and be a core component to getting us to a greater level. It certainly won't be easy, but he will have great coaching, great teammates around him, and family right next door.

I, like Jordan Williams, am ecstatic with the potential.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ESPN Recruiting listing on Jordan Williams.

Blurb on ESPN.com's Recruiting Trail.

They've got him listed as a Power Forward (?), 21st overall as a PF in the class of 2011. Graded at 91, tying him for the 8th best overall prospect in the state.

Somehow ever since he verballed he dropped 32 slots as a PF , which he isn't and now he's graded a 89.... Funny how things happen to you once you commit to UNT

Edited by NT03

Wow , he lost 4 points over night ??

Earlier in the year , before I even knew we were even recruiting him , I remember seeing him as a 93.

This just reminds me of what my grandmother used to say about the world-wide leader...

F#$K ESPN.

We know what we have in Williams...and for that matter Jones (who I'm actually the most eager to see play), Robinson and Norris...and perhaps a steal in Walton. It is comical to see ESPN adjust their player rater based on where the kid commits...I guess Nino Johnson will be a 75 by December?