Phil Steele - My Favorite Teams From 2010

MeanGreen61

http://blog.philsteele.com/2010/08/12/my-favorite-teams-for-2010/

North Texas-The Green Wave made my most improved list so you knew I was rooting for them right from the start. Over the past 12 years of all the teams that had losing records the previous year, only 20% improve to bowl eligibility the next year. The last two years my Most Improved list has had 69% of the teams go from a losing record to bowl eligibility! Most magazines look at the past performances for North Texas (2-20 last 5 years in the Sun Belt) and pick them 8th in the SBC or 2nd last. Every year is a new year and I think this is the season it all falls into place for NT and I have them THIRD in the Sun Belt! Get me those North Texas polo shirts and ties as I will be rooting for North Texas every week this season!

North Texas-The Green Wave made my most improved list so you knew I was rooting for them right from the start. Over the past 12 years of all the teams that had losing records the previous year, only 20% improve to bowl eligibility the next year. The last two years my Most Improved list has had 69% of the teams go from a losing record to bowl eligibility! Most magazines look at the past performances for North Texas (2-20 last 5 years in the Sun Belt) and pick them 8th in the SBC or 2nd last. Every year is a new year and I think this is the season it all falls into place for NT and I have them THIRD in the Sun Belt! Get me those North Texas polo shirts and ties as I will be rooting for North Texas every week this season!

So, wait, UNT or Tulane?

I like the suggestion of a good year, but 2-20 the last 5 years in the SBC? Uh, funny math there since we've (pitifully) won 7 games in the SBC over the past 5 years. You would think that he would have at least known that 22 conference games over 5 years is a bit low. Of course I won't mention how badly he also erred in the loss column. :lol: