Facility Wars

Harry

Very good article that hits the nail on the head. Everyone is 'one-upping' another program to be the biggest and the best.

RV has done an outstanding job of building and enhancing North Texas facilities, and this new football stadium will certainly help with perception in a recruits mind.

He certainly has, and the Mean green nation now needs to step up and do its part to support the program. And, while at it...tell RV thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"The construction was privately funded, and Tech had every right to make this addition to its athletic complex."

And what was the Mean Grean membership up to? 465?

Regarding Texas, let me first state that I detest all that the Univ of Texas stands for in college athletics. But, their athletic department makes money, lots of money, and has given profits back to the University. Still, I hate the sumbitches! <_<

• Upvote 1

The NCAA is not some anonymous, amorphous governing body. The NCAA consists of college presidents. They can say, "Enough."

What they lack is the courage to do so

They lack the courage to do a lot of things they should, but telling a university how to spend privately donated money is not one of them.

They lack the courage to do a lot of things they should, but telling a university how to spend privately donated money is not one of them.

I'm in the same camp when it comes to privately donated funds. Dictating how donor money would be spent will likely discourage people from giving.