I was in the Walmart in Corinth today and in a prominent aisle in the middle of the store there was a 40+ foot long display consisting exclusively of OU junk. It practically jumps out at you. I did not look for NT items, I had the list to follow from my wife, but saw no display of items from any other University with the exception of a few UT items. It really offends me that a store less than 10 miles from UNT would have a display that large for an out of state school 200 miles away. The economic impact of UNT students and staff extends well beyond the city limits of Denton and certainly includes Corinth. I did not have time to fnd the manager and give him my opinion, although I shop there regularly I won't be going back.

I was in the Walmart in Corinth today and in a prominent aisle in the middle of the store there was a 40+ foot long display consisting exclusively of OU junk. It practically jumps out at you. I did not look for NT items, I had the list to follow from my wife, but saw no display of items from any other University with the exception of a few UT items. It really offends me that a store less than 10 miles from UNT would have a display that large for an out of state school 200 miles away. The economic impact of UNT students and staff extends well beyond the city limits of Denton and certainly includes Corinth. I did not have time to fnd the manager and give him my opinion, although I shop there regularly I won't be going back.

Go to Target in Denton. Tons of UNT gear

Why does it offend you? Let's just face it. People don't want to wear UNT gear and that Wal Mart in Corinth will never sell UNT stuff like they will OU stuff.......ever. And as far as the economic impact of UNT people in this whole area is great and all but when it comes to the school pride and wearing gear it's just not there. We win some games and do big things in all of our major sports and beat teams people know then it may change but until then it is what it is. It's no big deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

There is no WalMart in Corinth. Do you mean Hickory Creek?

I was in the Walmart in Corinth today and in a prominent aisle in the middle of the store there was a 40+ foot long display consisting exclusively of OU junk. It practically jumps out at you. I did not look for NT items, I had the list to follow from my wife, but saw no display of items from any other University with the exception of a few UT items. It really offends me that a store less than 10 miles from UNT would have a display that large for an out of state school 200 miles away. The economic impact of UNT students and staff extends well beyond the city limits of Denton and certainly includes Corinth. I did not have time to find the manager and give him my opinion, although I shop there regularly I won't be going back.

Unless you tell someone WHY you are not going back, BIG DEAL...they won't miss you and will never know you have left. It is amazing how talking to the manager can, at times, help in these sort of situations. It may not have been the manager's decision, but he could send the issue up the chain of command and let those that make these stupid decisions know that they might need to re-think a bit. However, as long as UNT fans do not buy and wear UNT gear the lack of respect will definitely continue. It's no secret within the local business community that you can get away with this sort of thing because you'll never suffer any sort of backlash from UNT people and no one will say much of anything about it...EVER!

UNT doesn't get the respect it deserves because those that support UNT do not demand respect for UNT and most who say they support UNT simply don't care. To get respect you have to earn it and demand it. Tell the manager and then others should tell the manager. I was in that store yesterday as well, but did not see the display...I was in the grocery section for about 10 minutes. I will definitely make a point of going back and talking to the manager...not in a disrespectful way by any means, but simply to let him know that it's a mistake...and I'll be wearing Mean Green gear when I do! I encourage anyone who can to stop by that store and ask to speak to the manager about this.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Unless you tell someone WHY you are not going back, BIG DEAL...they won't miss you and will never know you have left. It is amazing how talking to the manager can, at times, help in these sort of situations. It may not have been the manager's decision, but he could send the issue up the chain of command and let those that make these stupid decisions know that they might need to re-think a bit. However, as long as UNT fans do not buy and wear UNT gear the lack of respect will definitely continue. It's no secret within the local business community that you can get away with this sort of thing because you'll never suffer any sort of backlash from UNT people and no one will say much of anything about it...EVER!

UNT doesn't get the respect it deserves because those that support UNT do not demand respect for UNT and most who say they support UNT simply don't care. To get respect you have to earn it and demand it. Tell the manager and then others should tell the manager. I was in that store yesterday as well, but did not see the display...I was in the grocery section for about 10 minutes. I will definitely make a point of going back and talking to the manager...not in a disrespectful way by any means, but simply to let him know that it's a mistake...and I'll be wearing Mean Green gear when I do! I encourage anyone who can to stop by that store and ask to speak to the manager about this.

I often wonder where you get all this time , effort & concern on just about every topic;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I often wonder where you get all this time , effort & concern on just about every topic;)

When something needs done, you ask a busy person to do it. Those actually with the free time are often so busy doing nothing that they don't have time for anything. When things are important, you simply MAKE THE TIME. One of the challenges the nation faces today is that too many people leave it up to others to do the job and to make things happen while they ride the coattails and reap the benefits of the work and effort of others. I work a full-time job (like most on this board), but there are lots of hours left in the day, and there are weekends. It's simply too much fun "doing stuff" rather than sitting around. I guess I learned it many many years ago from my parents that one of the responsibilities we have as citizens of this great nation, this great state our our wonderful local communities is to "do something" to try to help. Seems only natural to me....plus, there really is lots of time left over to relax.

Sorry, have to run...I have a golf outing today (yes, I am sneaking away from work) with a guy I am trying to talk into donating to the Mean Green Alumni Pavilion and the new stadium...and the guy is an Arkansas grad, but had a son graduate from UNT. See, sometimes you can combine fun with that "effort and concern".

I'll say "thanks" for what I'll take as a compliment. Hopefully, all that "effort and concern" will at least give some pause to stop and think about how they look at such things.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

When something needs done, you ask a busy person to do it. Those actually with the free time are often so busy doing nothing that they don't have time for anything. When things are important, you simply MAKE THE TIME. One of the challenges the nation faces today is that too many people leave it up to others to do the job and to make things happen while they ride the coattails and reap the benefits of the work and effort of others. I work a full-time job (like most on this board), but there are lots of hours left in the day, and there are weekends. It's simply too much fun "doing stuff" rather than sitting around. I guess I learned it many many years ago from my parents that one of the responsibilities we have as citizens of this great nation, this great state our our wonderful local communities is to "do something" to try to help. Seems only natural to me....plus, there really is lots of time left over to relax.

Sorry, have to run...I have a golf outing today (yes, I am sneaking away from work) with a guy I am trying to talk into donating to the Mean Green Alumni Pavilion and the new stadium...and the guy is an Arkansas grad, but had a son graduate from UNT. See, sometimes you can combine fun with that "effort and concern".

I'll say "thanks" for what I'll take as a compliment. Hopefully, all that "effort and concern" will at least give some pause to stop and think about how they look at such things.

GO MEAN GREEN!

+1 for perseverance to Kram1!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GO MEAN GREEN!

GREAT POST KRAM!!! Its times like this that it doesn't matter that you're s Soccer fan. :)

Thanks for taking up the fight as well as you do, brother!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1