NT03

2001 vs MTSU , the streak starts

2002 vs NSMU , tearing down the goal posts

2003 vs Baylor , Booger & Co destroy the Bears

2005 vs Tulsa , memorable in a very BAD way

2005 vs FIU , OT thriller

2006 vs SMU , F the ponies

2007 vs Navy , record breaking day

You really couldn't go wrong with any of the picks listed...but I went with the Navy game...sorry Emmitt...just due to the record setting offense that was displayed and how the game went back and forth throughout. BUT, if I had to recall my most memorable game, it had to be the Florida State game in the snow.

Great memories thinking about all the games listed and plenty of others as well...great to think and post about some really positive and memorable days for the Mean Green. And, yes, i realize that UNT lost both the games I highlighted. However, both are way up there on the memorable scale for me.

GO MEAN GREEN!

You really couldn't go wrong with any of the picks listed...but I went with the Navy game...sorry Emmitt...just due to the record setting offense that was displayed and how the game went back and forth throughout. BUT, if I had to recall my most memorable game, it had to be the Florida State game in the snow.

GO MEAN GREEN!

The offensive fireworks in the Navy game were overshadowed by a record-setting performance from the D. Personally, I thought it was emotionally draining in the worst possible way. No wrong answer here, though.

NMSU got my vote: attendance was solid, back-and-forth excitement, come back from half-time deficit and a conference championship on the line...with a win.

That game had some great players suiting up for us. Miss those guys.

Had to go with the Navy game. The MNSU game was great, but the atmosphere at the Navy game, with the fly over, combined with the record breaking offensive performances put it number one in my book for most "memorable" game. If we are talking the greatest win at Fouts in the last ten years, then the wins over Baylor and smu rank at the top.

I hope the Sept.11 Rice game will merit being added to next season's list.

Tin Cup Game.

Renee Russo: "20 years from now nobody is going to remember who won...but they're going to remember your 12"

Or in this case, 7...7 overtime game with FIU. Last time I was able to see a victory in person and while it certainly doesn't elicit the happy memories of NMSU or Baylor it was such an anomaly that I think it stands out the most for me.

Tin Cup Game.

Renee Russo: "20 years from now nobody is going to remember who won...but they're going to remember your 12"

Or in this case, 7...7 overtime game with FIU. Last time I was able to see a victory in person and while it certainly doesn't elicit the happy memories of NMSU or Baylor it was such an anomaly that I think it stands out the most for me.

FIU stands out with me as well because of the craziness of the whole situation. I also remember standing on the deck wishing that they hadn't stopped serving beer at the normal time. LOL

NMSU, and there isn't a close second for me. The MUTS game was big, but I don't think anyone realized how big at the time. The Navy game was just a drain and left me pissed off considering we historically always played good defense and there was none in that game.

Beating Baylor and SMU were great games, but didn't carry the meaning of the NMSU game with a conference championship on the line.

FIU was a disaster looking for a place to happen and an embarrasment in my book.

The Tulsa game should be forgotten.

Definitely the NMSU game. There was an electric atmosphere and the crowd was REALLY into it. The best big-time college game feeling I can remember at Fouts.

Navy is second, but it too felt pretty good even though we lost. Great pageantry and exciting offense, both ways.

Baylor was a romp and there wasn't much excitement except how many points we would score. A real good time but not an exciting football game.

• Upvote 1