New Volunteer Assistant Coach

MeanGreen61

AS per WIKI

Kenyatta Walker (born on February 1, 1979 in Meridian, Mississippi) is an American football offensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He was originally drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the first round of the 2001 NFL Draft. He played College football at Florida.

Walker has also been a member of the Carolina Panthers and Toronto Argonauts.

Awards and honors

Knoxville News-Sentinel All-SEC (1998)

Football News Freshman All-American (1998)

Co-recipient of Gators' Best Effort Award (1999)

Second-team All-SEC (1999)

Gators' Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman (2000)

Consensus First-team All-SEC (2000)

Jacobs Blocking Trophy (2000)

All-American selection by Associated Press, Sporting News, Football News, Sports Xchange and Walter Camp (2000)

Outland Trophy semifinalist (2000)

[edit]Professional career

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

When drafted in the first round by the Buccaneers in 2001, he was originally slated to play left tackle and protect the quarterback's blindside. However, after a sub-par rookie season he was switched to right tackle, where he found moderate success, starting at this position for the Buccaneer's Super Bowl XXXVII victory over the Oakland Raiders. Walker's tendency to be penalized when facing superior pass rushers has led many Bucs fans to label him a bust.[1] On March 1, 2007, the Buccaneers released Walker.

Carolina Panthers

On August 13, 2007, The Carolina Panthers signed Walker as a free agent. He was released by the team on September 1 during final cuts.

Toronto Argonauts

On September 8, 2008, Walker was signed by the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League, and was assigned to their practice roster.

Excellent...and yet another positive for the UNT program. His experience in the NFL will give him "creed" with the players and could well help with recruiting as well. I can see nothing but positive at this time concerning adding Walker to the staff. Nice...nice!

Excellent...and yet another positive for the UNT program. His experience in the NFL will give him "creed" with the players and could well help with recruiting as well. I can see nothing but positive at this time concerning adding Walker to the staff. Nice...nice!

They will probably welcome him with arms wide open

• Upvote 5

I heard he's been involved with a number of cults...both as a leader and a follower.

Let's just hope he doesn't end up torn and calling this job his own prison. We need to take it higher and become number one. I want a coach who will stand here with me, not leave me six feet from the edge and thinkin' maybe six feet ain't so far down.

• Downvote 1

Let's just hope he doesn't end up torn and calling this job his own prison. We need to take it higher and become number one. I want a coach who will stand here with me, not leave me six feet from the edge and thinkin' maybe six feet ain't so far down.

I heard he left Tampa Bay after an incident in the team parking lot. From what I heard it was very late at night, like 11:00, 11:30...big fella comes in screaming God knows what...I think maybe Warren Sapp had stolen his car, something like that. So the big fella pulls out a sock filled with nickels, then Derrick Brooks grabs a can of hair spray and a lighter...

I heard he left Tampa Bay after an incident in the team parking lot. From what I heard it was very late at night, like 11:00, 11:30...big fella comes in screaming God knows what...I think maybe Warren Sapp had stolen his car, something like that. So the big fella pulls out a sock filled with nickels, then Derrick Brooks grabs a can of hair spray and a lighter...

He's clearly lost sight of the irony of twisted faith,

Lost sight of his soul and it's void

I Think he's unforgiven to this team

Edited by NT03

Didn't he pick a fight with Fred Durst back in the 90's? Walker would have totally ruined Fred Durst's life.