New Ol Commit From The State Of Oklahoma

jtm0097

From theMeangreenreport.com North Texas picked up a fourth 2011 commitment from a big Oklahoma offensive tackle whose college career could span quite a few years. He and UNT might have to make the most of his freshman season. Get his interesting story in this TMGR exclusive. Picture of the Recruit

Someone will figure out who it its eventually, Im to broke at the moment to afford the Meangreenreport on rivals.

Looks like its Brian Rawlinson, 6'5" 283 from Oologah, Oklahoma

Good size kid, hopefully he can play. Heres is something an OU blogger said about him.

An offensive lineman to watch is Oologah standout Brian Rawlinson. The 6-foot-6, 270-pound tackle is drawing interest from Oklahoma State, BYU, TCU and others. Oologah coach Brandon Craig said Rawlinson has great hands and great quickness, plus a large frame to build upon.

"And he's only a junior," Craig said. "He's only going to get better."

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2

Catching up with UNT's last two players to commit - Mean Green Blog (Brett Vito)

Interesting story - it looks like it will be several years before Rawlinson actually makes it to Denton.

What's even more interesting is that Mr. Rawlinson is excited enough about our upcoming season that he committed to this coaching staff right now probably believing that this same staff will be here when he finally gets here.

• Upvote 2

What's even more interesting is that Mr. Rawlinson is excited enough about our upcoming season that he committed to this coaching staff right now probably believing that this same staff will be here when he finally gets here.

It doesn't appear his offer cup was over-flowing. I wonder why BYU wasn't interested enough to offer a scholarship?

It doesn't appear his offer cup was over-flowing. I wonder why BYU wasn't interested enough to offer a scholarship?

Maybe so, but I love the comments his HS coach made about him. Good pick-up and glad to see some beef commit/verbal.

Maybe so, but I love the comments his HS coach made about him. Good pick-up and glad to see some beef commit/verbal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm optimistic about Rawlinson, it's just a little difficult to get excited about someone who won't be in a Mean Green uniform for at least three years. I hope his mission takes him to places with good food. I'd hate to see our big OL recruit turn into a TE. ;)

When's the last time we had a player on the "all-world" team?

All-World team 2010