UNT wins the Cup!

class84

The hockey guys took care of business before a pro-UNT crowd in N. Richland Hills.

The three stars of the game

3rd star --#56 Lewis solid defensive game and outstanding leadership

2nd star --#91 Witt 1 goal and a very physical game. He set the tone for the rest of the team

#1 star --#8 Hubbard 4 goals

Honestly, I went to the Stars game Friday and this was much more entertaining. Hope these guys continue to get the support they received today.

Kudos to Sigma Nu fraternity for turning out in force today.

What a fun time...my guess, about 450 fans, about 400 for NT. Sigma Nu had a ton of guys...I think Hubbard is in their frat. Quality signage and a little face paint. Our fans were into it...lots of hammering SMU players from the stands. SMU fans were loud at first, then quiet. Scoreboard!

BJ Cotten, our goalie, is awesome. At one point almost to the end of the second period, SMU had twice as many shots on goal, something 20-10. Yet we were winning 5-3. SMU scored a late goal with 19 seconds left, on a power play, but Cotten was dominant. Many glove saves.

Excellent puck handling...NT played better than last week against TU. You could tell that NT was into this game. SMU played dirty through the first two periods and NT did a good job of keeping their heads and staying focused on the win.

NT was better conditioned and SMU was worn out in the third. Again, I am a novice to the game and would love to sit next to someone who sees the higher levels, but these guys are fast, strong and they handle the puck well.

NT did the Mean Green Nation proud. They deserve continued support and I hope we can get some nice turnouts next year.

Sproles, Cook, Hubbard, #56, Cotten...all the guys, great fun to watch.